Build 10512 Thread

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I wonder what a "large number of tiles" is ...
There are a couple threads in the Insider forums where I posted my findings. (I don't have enough posts here yet, so cannot post links, sorry.)

I have 100 apps installed, about 85 pinned. If I installed one more app _or_ pinned an existing app, I'd hit the loading loop. If I uninstalled an app, I could then pin one to the Start Screen. Or if I unpinned an app, I could install another. But in my case, it didn't seem to be _just_ a Start Screen issue, but a combination of Start Screen items _and_ installed apps. Of course, one's mileage may vary. I am on a Lumia 1520 and I believe it has 2 GB of RAM. It's possible a 1 GB or 512 MB device might cause the issue with fewer items and apps. Furthermore, I don't even think 100 is just "the" number. I'd bet if I nuked my phone, it might be 90 apps, or 110 apps. It's just what it was for me.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
stuck at 0% downloaded ... think I'll do a restore back to 8.1 and go the long route :)
I see this a lot with Windows 10 Mobile builds. It takes time. I only have crummy wifi at work, and it indicated a 350 MB download, approximately, some I'm doing mine over LTE. It hung at 0% for about 15 minutes, then jumped to 45%, and then within about 30 seconds of that, was "preparing to install updates." I'd say about the last 3-4 builds of W10M have exhibited this behaviour where it looks like nothing is happening, then boom, it's done and preparing to install. :)

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi over here!

I had read the rumours and tweets these days; today, I have just googled "Windows 10 Mobile" and got excited seeing the news about the new build. Inmediately came and logged in to here, and searched a related thread.

Now I just went to "Update the phone" on Options, I was glad seeing it found the update and I started downloading it. I'm connected to LTE; as I was reading this thread and learned it's a small update, I thought it would downloaded it through the cell network... Nop. After a while stuck on 0% it asks me to connect to a WiFi network.

By the way, for those who asked what's the size of the update, due to the message asking to connect a WiFi network, and as I haven't closed it yet, I can see the exact size. It's 391.33 MB.

Sad to read that the stuck on the Home screen with many tiles pinned persists...

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I think the upgrade process would be vastly improved if they added Clippy to the "We're getting there" screen.
This is going back many years, but is somewhat relevant because of the recent T-Rex/Ninja Cat mashups, but waaay back in the day there was a game called Iron Helix, and the installer was a T-Rex walking across the screen, basically a frame for every percent complete, then approaching a lawyer (it was narrated across the top of the installer) and then catching him in his teeth, flipping him through the air, and finally rubbing his belly and saying, "Ohhh yeahhh!" as the installation completed. Now if we could get Ninja Cat on a T-Rex, doing this to Clippy during the installation/upgrade, this would be perfect.

supremesunday

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
can anyone confirm that Groove Music let's you search for albums to stream? That has probably been the worst part about the preview for me. having to make playlist at home before I take off.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to open the Store? I can't get past a blue blank screen. Sits there for a minute with very sporadic wifi activity indicated.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Seems slower for me so far. I get a loading screen first when I open any app. Doesn't seem any more smoother than previous build imo

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
can anyone confirm that Groove Music let's you search for albums to stream? That has probably been the worst part about the preview for me. having to make playlist at home before I take off.

Nope. I think it's more of a Groove app issue. I feel your pain. The app needs updating. Just like the Outlook app, which handles multiple email accounts horribly.

Rysse

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Store is very slow to open - blue blank screen for 1 min - but now i can upgrade apps - but again downloading and install very slow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39