Build 10512 Thread

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It really is a major hassle to do a hard reset and start from scratch, never mind all the game saves I lose (some actually support app backup, SHOCKER)

Amen...
I just started Operation 2 of Tiny Troopers 2.
I'll loose it all.
:(
Not to mention that NONE of the Square-Enix games support cloud saves.
That's the only reason I have started playing Final Fantasy III, yet.
I know I'll hard-reset before the game is done.
JJ

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope complete failure... got to 10166 fine but, the upgrade to 10512 ended up with a :- (

Again, this happened last build...Recovery tool and try again but, not restore data till I hard reset with 10512....

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
After doing a hard reset, I go into the store and select My Library. Every app and game you've ever installed on any device under your MSFT ID is listed there to re-download. Even apps that arent available in the store are listed. That's how I got my iHeart Radio back on my AT&T 830 :)

Lobbie1978

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The update from 10166 to build 10512 totally made my Lumia 920 completely unusable. The whole OS just freezes up.
I managed to get into settings to the 'Reset' option. After factory reset, it all works like a charm again. Exactly my experience with all Windows 10 Mobile insider builds. No reset = Unusable.
Microsoft better better have a solid upgrade for devices running Windows Phone 8.1

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Upgrading to the new build went fine here on my L930. Now migrating my data very slowly though, but will do a factory reset afterwards. Hope all goes well :)

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my Lumia Icon from 10166 to 10512 and it's sitting on the lock screen, with no touch responsiveness.
I tried a soft reset and still not touch.
I wonder if that's the background updating stuff that people talk about.
I'll let it sit for a while and see what happens.
If nothing, within 30 minutes, I'll hard reset.
JJ

I did a hard reset and touch has come back.
The upgrade path on these insider releases isn't too good.
Hehehe...
JJ

shinebar

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
try to set your dns manually, it looks like hotspot wifi is not passing dns automatically

Tried my old IP-Configuration - no luck. Even pinging some IPs on the net didn't work, so it isn't only the DNS but forwarding itself. Getting a new IP doesn't work as well. Hope they'll get that fixed fast. Until then I'll have to use my Android as hotspot...

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The update from 10166 to build 10512 totally made my Lumia 920 completely unusable. The whole OS just freezes up.
I managed to get into settings to the 'Reset' option. After factory reset, it all works like a charm again. Exactly my experience with all Windows 10 Mobile insider builds. No reset = Unusable.
Microsoft better better have a solid upgrade for devices running Windows Phone 8.1
On HTC One M8 have not had to reset last 3 builds. No major issues and been using as daily driver since June.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Still have several apps stuck in update loop. Check for updates... find them, install them successfully... check for updates again and they are back... at least 7 of them.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
On Lumia 520 it shows spinning cogs and :-(

Same here, from 8.1 went to 10166 fine, go to upgrade to 10512 and I get the :-(

Recover back to 8.1, No restore, canceled all app updates, Installed insider app only, Set to fast, rebooted, all while plugged in via a charger, so it downloads and I am stuck...

My battery is at 35% even though I have been plugged in through the whole process and I started at 75%..... Now I have to charge till I am ready to go, Plugged in, in Airplane mode to hope it charges a little faster....Crap

Always something isn't it ?

Now I hope my problems with 10166 was resolved, if not, all this for nothing and I wont know till all my apps are re-installed....

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
L830 here:

Initial observations:
1) Camera launches from lock mode fine
2) Quiet Hours toggle is blinking again
3) Weird and choppy animations (especially on the hamburger)
4) Still cannot download additional speech languages
5) Performance has marginally improved
6) News App still crashes

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
so after my factory reset at noonish today, I updated 28 apps from the store.

It is now 2:45, and I did a check for updates and it shows 32???? Maybe are the same.

Weird.

Also, I can't find the Store App after I pinned to the Start Menu (I cleared the stat menu first). When I try to repin it, the "pin to start" is greyed out. (Edit - Found it.. PEBKAC I would guess)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05