Build 10512 Thread

fekberg

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
My photos app doesn't open anymore. I can browse it from the File Explorer, but not pick photos from any app, or view them in the Photos/Collection.

WindowsMortal

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I've found that Quiet Hours is not working in the right way, but also that if you tell Cortana to 'activate quiet hours' she does it. So I think I might do it like this for a while...

Edit: My fault, also in Cortana settings you can still get access to modify the QH's settings.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Have to say, it is running smoother after hard reset. But I hate doing a hard reset. Reinstalling apps sucks, especially when you don't remember all the ones you had.

Go into the store and select My Library. Everything you ever installed is listed there.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the Pebble Notifications app working(was not working in 10166), I was able to get Text and email from my watch :)

Battery died tho...

Tried a few Android apps for the heck of it, Dish Anywhere, BOA, Ebay, Pebble and Real Racing 3 (I had a Android device for a while and paid for it).

Dish Anywhere- Would not connect, just errored out. Crap ! (one I was looking forward to)
BOA, gave me internet problems, could not connect but, after the it offered me a logon my battery died.
Ebay- Worked, was able to logon and look at things, like the WP app better but, have not given it a full trial
Pebble- Can logon but, cant find a pebble so pointless..
Real Racing 3- Was not able to play, had a hard time connecting to download the game, so, it was just crashing. Will try again tomorrow, great game, wish it was released for WP...

So far with Android on Windows Phone, disappointed in how the apps feel, WP apps feel better and are laid out better...but, what do I know ?

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Upgrade from 10166 to new build on my Lumia Icon and 830 went without a hitch. I am however having an issue with my Band staying connected to my 830. Seems to be worse in this build.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
anybody with MS Band can comment on how it is working with the new build? I had to go back to 8.1 from 10166 because of too many missing notifications. Wonder if this was part of the 2000 fixes.
thanks
I have been missing notifications since going to 10166, including with 10512. I will be doing a hard reset tomorrow and we'll see how that treats me!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody tried Audible on this build? Since they released their new Windows 10 version of the app, it stopped working for me (on 10166 that is). I just never got it to play an audiobook. Frequent app crashes aside, whenever I tried to play a book, it just kept showing those loading/buffering dots along the bottom.

Microsoft should solve this problem like android. Update via pc in short time

That's funny, because Windows Phone 7 actually used to work like this. And people were all pissed about it and begging Microsoft to go the Apple route and offer OTA updates.

ltomovski

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1. No mobile hotspot app
2. Photos do not sync with OneDrive
3. Blinking quite hours
4. Viber and Uber apps keeps reinstalling .. its like Store thinks that new version is available and keeps reinstalling them every time I click check for Updates
5. No history of updated apps found in Store

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll just put these screenshoots here. Happened after updating to this build an hour ago.
WP_20150813_10_32_51_Pro.jpg
Screen and display are going nuts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05