Build 10512 Thread

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the 1975 wallpapers either, but then I do have those same wallpaper images (10 of them) dated as July 2015. I'm guessing that if they've been added from a previous upgrade, then the date will not change

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
L1520 - Update was a breeze. No hard reset required. Its working normally.
Apps like Lumia Panorama which were already working in Build 1066 is missing now
Blinking Quiet Hours
All other apps working perfect and getting updated normally
Battery usage is extended. After 3hrs continuous usage Battery went down only by 8% normally in previous build it goes to 20+
Many apps previously available on store now went missing
Phone is cool and does not get heated like before
Problem is with people hub - automatically syncs first and only then we are able to select the option of "No sync"
Cortana works perfect - but still no means to build your own Cortana home page
Facebook and prominent apps still don't have transparent tiles

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I did not do hard reset on my L1520 yet and I don't think I will. It all works rather nicely, text notifications are working now, for video I use VLC. I noticed a few small things this morning.

1. There's an intermittent problem with displaying mobile data speed. Sometimes it shows none even if I can browse with Edge no problem.

2. One thing about Edge and ads. Ads stop rendering of a page, until these are loaded, one can do nothing. They should be loaded (if at all) in parallel and not block the browser.

3. We are one step further with setting the mobile data limit. Now the type and amount sticks (but you have to leave amount control first for the value to be overtaken). But the beginning of a monthly limit (day) is ignored and the current day is used instead.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Liking this build so far.edge not crashing as much is one big advantage.In fact there have been less crashes overall.The lock screen is annoying though.Takes about 3 seconds to load.I will hold on in there with this build for a while if it remans trouble free.I can deal with the lock screen lag if it means I can browse the web

WengWeng_21

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with their screen not rotating? After upgrading to this build(10512) I noticed that I can't watch full screen video because the screen is not rotating. I also did a reset and rotation is not lock

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
L1520 - Update was a breeze. No hard reset required. Its working normally.
Apps like Lumia Panorama which were already working in Build 1066 is missing now
Blinking Quiet Hours
All other apps working perfect and getting updated normally
Battery usage is extended. After 3hrs continuous usage Battery went down only by 8% normally in previous build it goes to 20+
Many apps previously available on store now went missing
Phone is cool and does not get heated like before
Problem is with people hub - automatically syncs first and only then we are able to select the option of "No sync"
Cortana works perfect - but still no means to build your own Cortana home page
Facebook and prominent apps still don't have transparent tiles

How much do you prefer this build over 10166? i am at the moment on 8.1 with my lumia 1320 do you think it will be good to install this build?

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
How much do you guys prefer this build over 10166 how is stability and performance compared to 10166?

I have a Lumia 1320 on 8.1 at the moment had 10166 but overheating bug was bothering me is this still in the 10512 build?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
How much do you guys prefer this build over 10166 how is stability and performance compared to 10166?

I have a Lumia 1320 on 8.1 at the moment had 10166 but overheating bug was bothering me is this still in the 10512 build?

I love this new 10512 build in my 1320, 7 hours of straight youtubing, browsing, reading WC and I still have 75% since last charge.

Audigy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
On my Lumia 532 DS I'm having the blank screen issue, even after hard reset. After some time in the suspended state the screen blanks out and never turns back on again. I have to force a soft reset via the Vol - and Power buttons to get back to the system.

In the mean time I tried to figure out what could be the cause of this, since it's not a widespread issue. All points to some kind of incompatibility between the glance screen and this build. Since the glance entry is missing from the Extras section, I had to resort in using the store's glance link(http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=106e0a97-8b19-42cf-8879-a8ed2598fcbb) to have access to an "open" button that made possible entering the glance's options. After that it asked to restart the device and I never had the problem again.

So if you have any similar problems, try my above methodology.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers