Build 10512 Thread

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
(...) when I swipe to my apps A LOT of them say "Pending" underneath them. So my guess is this: If you have a lot of apps it takes a while to "upgrade" them to this new build. If any of those apps happen to be on your start screen then that will cause your start screen to not function and stay on the loading loop.(...)
I had forgotten this one on my post. I've experimented the exactly same thing on the same way as you.

(...) I had gotten use to using Cortana to do anything I wanted (such as open an app, check email, etc) (...)
Sorry for the off-topic. What's the words to use for asking Cortana to open an app? I've tried several options, but all of them makes her to open a Bing web search. And (an off-off-topic), is it possible to ask her to twit something? I mean, not just open Twitter app, but directly post a tweet.

An update to the Battery Saving question: when getting into the option with the phone not plugged in, it correctly informs the time remaining before the battery dies. I can't compare it with the previous build because this information didn't exist on it, but with a 73% of charge informs 7,5 hours. It's not a bad number. Anyway, as I don't trust in it very much, I've plugged it in and now, after a while charging (apparently it calculates it), now the message informs the time remaining before the charge completes.

EDIT: Gone to check updates on Store, it offers me to download one for the Lumia Selfie app. When installing it, says error number 0x80070057. Should I uninstall the app and reinstalling it?

Last edited:

chf3

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Updated last night on my 930 - Italian language.

Main issue I found is that calls are not closed automatically on phone if it's the other side that hangs up. This is quite annoying using in car.
Any other noticed this issue?

Cortana is back to read incoming sms and it seems more reactive than before.

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Photos do sync...you need to go to the settings in OneDrive and turn auto upload on. I think its supposed to be turned in bg default but never is.

Like others, I cannot get my photos to automatically upload to OneDrive either with this build. The OneDrive setting is turned on, but photos I have have taken last night or today do not appear in any OneDrive folder, such as the previous default "SkyDrive Camera Roll" folder.

How did you get your uploads to work?

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
right i want to update to the new build but its not moving past 0 what do i need to do???

Nothing.
How long has it been? I recall my update stayed at zero for what seemed like a long time (15 - 20 minutes). It took 90 minutes from start to finish to upgrade from 10166 to 10512 on my 640. Tack on an additional 30 for the hard reset.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Nothing.
How long has it been? I recall my update stayed at zero for what seemed like a long time (15 - 20 minutes). It took 90 minutes from start to finish to upgrade from 10166 to 10512 on my 640. Tack on an additional 30 for the hard reset.

well ive just retryed it but my phones been like the for half an hour now need to go out later

Laquox

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the off-topic. What's the words to use for asking Cortana to open an app? I've tried several options, but all of them makes her to open a Bing web search. And (an off-off-topic), is it possible to ask her to twit something? I mean, not just open Twitter app, but directly post a tweet.
I just type whatever the app is. So like when I need to use Phone I type phone and she opens it up.

Also an update on my initial post the start screen glitched again when I was playing with transparency. Now this could be a coincidence but I was playing around with Cortana and suddenly my start screen came back. Obviously the start menu is still bugged but it's at least functional now again.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
Off Topic:
I learnt that Truecaller is now supported in build 10512. I thought to download it but I don't see the app anymore on the store.
Is that just me or the app is pulled from the store or if a bug with Store? Please confirm or let me know alternate way to download it, if any.

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get Edge favorites to sync back up after a hard reset? Edge on my PC, and W10 tablet have the favorites synced properly, and my L830 did before the hard reset. Now after the reset I think I have everything synced except for the favorites.

Any ideas?

thepublocal

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues where photos taken with the Camera are not being automatically uploaded to Onedrive? Happening on both my 640xl and 930 (have since rolled back my 930)

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get Edge favorites to sync back up after a hard reset? Edge on my PC, and W10 tablet have the favorites synced properly, and my L830 did before the hard reset. Now after the reset I think I have everything synced except for the favorites.

Any ideas?

I'd like to know that too!!

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Also... on my L830, after a hard reset, the Glance View settings are gone. Additionally, the device does not behave the same way in regards to how the the Glance View used to work. I will submit feedback, but I figured that I would post here in case anyone had a solution or noticed that it moved to a different location.

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
L1520
Anyone facing difficulty with WhatsApp? For me the messages gets delivered only when I open WhatsApp. Background Apps notification for WhatsApp is ON. But seems 4G/Wifi gets connected only when the Phone is in ON mode and not on locked mode.
Also deleted photos thumbnails showing on WhatsApp while opting for photo attachment. Tried removing Cache but didn't clean it up.
Any guidance?

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
Off Topic:
I learnt that Truecaller is now supported in build 10512. I thought to download it but I don't see the app anymore on the store.
Is that just me or the app is pulled from the store or if a bug with Store? Please confirm or let me know alternate way to download it, if any.
Same here. True caller is pulled from the store sadly

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, Laquox. I thought you used your voice to open the apps, but thanks anyway!

BTW, something that I missed on my previous posts. Is it possible to install Android Apps? I've read something about the code-name of the project, i.e. Astoria, and that it's still unavailable; but as opposed, I've read on this very thread that some people have been trying it out. So, what's the deal?

cure92

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
TRying to update my 1520 and it's stuck in a constant loop ending in a :( How can I fix this? Recovery tool won;t recognize the phone.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Not loving this build. Sure it's lots better in may ways that 10166, but one of my must haves is a functional Cortana over Bluetooth in my car. While it does notify me of Text messages and reads them to me, I am not able to respond to them as I can in 8.1. I get a Cannot connect to the Internet Right now. Same with calling up Cortana to write a message or dial a number. All things I can do on 8.1. Sure, I like the new look and UI, but it' still too much a beta for my daily driver. It's staying on my backup Icon for now. Going back to my Primary Icon with 8.1 until the next preview build is released!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs