Build 10512 Thread

mide64

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
windows 10 mobile 10512 download stuck on 0% on lumia 630. I don't know what to do?
Store not even downloading apps too. Any fix?

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello, what error actually you getting and which Lumia model you have. I too had such error while updating my app in 10166, then I reverted back to wp8.1 updated latest software and also downloaded all the apps which I was using the most and also updating them. Once it was done I enrolled in windows insider program again.

Once I was in the TP I didn't do any hard rest as that helped to update the apps through store and also my phone is working very smoothly.
hey and its the one were the store wont let u update apps i had to revert back to 8.1 because the apps that were not downloading was the main features of the phone its self trying the build again so ill let you know this time im not gunna hard reset see what that does

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
windows 10 mobile 10512 download stuck on 0% on lumia 630. I don't know what to do?
Store not even downloading apps too. Any fix?
Mine was stuck at 26% for over a couple of hours. I restarted my phone and the download failed. I restarted the download again and yet again it got stuck at 26%...this time i let it sit for 6 hours but it didnt work out. I restarted it again and voila...preparing to install. If its stuck for too long...just be patient or u can take the risk of restarting your phone. Gud luck:)

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
guys so ive updated but not to this build i hevnt done a clean install and all my apps have downloaded should i upgrade to this build with out a clean install??

Bigsro

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The build shows its downloading. But its continuously stuck at 0%.

Any solutions?

The download took ages for me - and it was stuck on 0% for about an hour or so before springing to life. This one is a lengthy download/install so bear with it amigo!

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, I have to say that the battery life has been sensitively improved. I would not dare to say it has arrived "up there" with the 8.1 as someone has said before, but it doesn't drain as used to do on 10166.

About the Android Apps subject... Everything seems to reveal that there has been a big misunderstood. An user has pointed to me yesterday that is on pre-alpha phase, and now DavidinCT has reported errors related to it, which means he HAS tested it. Anyone who can explain it?

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
.... But posts such as "How could they release the preview broken and without feature XYZ? I need it! Microsoft sux!!!!!" really tick me off. It's freakin' pre-release software you dolts. It's fine line between expressing frustration and whining....

Maybe because we just came out of the W10 testing (PC version) where a lot of us said/reported from the beginning "the tablet mode is crap" (while the rest, not complaining, said "no worries this is just beta") and then it was released with a tablet mode that IS crap (in the OS and in EDGE).

So, we DO worry (and whine...) just to get the message sent without any confusion :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have to say that the battery life has been sensitively improved. I would not dare to say it has arrived "up there" with the 8.1 as someone has said before, but it doesn't drain as used to do on 10166.

About the Android Apps subject... Everything seems to reveal that there has been a big misunderstood. An user has pointed to me yesterday that is on pre-alpha phase, and now DavidinCT has reported errors related to it, which means he HAS tested it. Anyone who can explain it?

Battery life is better, no question, 8.1 better, cant say that at this point, need to live with it for a week or so once the novelty of playing with the OS wears off a little and then I will know for sure.

As for Android apps, don't ask for a link to any tool or where to get an android files or even how to set it up, its a BIG NO NO here. It works sort of but, very buggy at this point. Getting network access on Android apps is hit or miss. If you need to use a camera, blue-tooth etc forget it (leaves out deposits on banking apps) forget about that... and if it needs google services, it leaves those out too at this point. Other apps just don't work at all.

It really is a hit or miss right now.

Here's the old thread about it (locked because people could not decide what was legal to talk about or not, dam policies)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/373836-project-astoria-tools-leaked.html

Last edited:

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Not loving this build. Sure it's lots better in may ways that 10166, but one of my must haves is a functional Cortana over Bluetooth in my car. While it does notify me of Text messages and reads them to me, I am not able to respond to them as I can in 8.1. I get a Cannot connect to the Internet Right now. Same with calling up Cortana to write a message or dial a number. All things I can do on 8.1. Sure, I like the new look and UI, but it' still too much a beta for my daily driver. It's staying on my backup Icon for now. Going back to my Primary Icon with 8.1 until the next preview build is released!

I found that the Mobile Data setting was set to OFF by default and the only time my Icon would connect to the internet was when I was at home connected to WiFi! So Texts would come in through my phones network connection, but Cortana couldn't connect to the internet to process requests to reply and send texts, etc. I'm hoping by turning on the Mobile Data setting it will now work. After 24 hours I'm beginning to like this build. I just may keep this as my Daily Driver!

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
May I have a request here, please send feedback or up-vote for on screen (without using hardware volume keys) volume control in Groove and Movies & TV.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Another annoyance here is Apps, There are a list of apps and games that are claimed incompatible, so about 6-7 Xbox games that I OWN wont install and some Apps, like Team Viewer (that I use all the time) does not even show up in the store so I can download it again. One or 2 of these incompatible apps, I have the XAPs for an sideloaded them, no issues at all with them WTF ?

I'll see how long I can live with out Team Viewer but, it might be that ONE app that makes me roll back. Crap, always something isn't it ?

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Another annoyance here is Apps, There are a list of apps and games that are claimed incompatible, so about 6-7 Xbox games that I OWN wont install and some Apps, like Team Viewer (that I use all the time) does not even show up in the store so I can download it again. One or 2 of these incompatible apps, I have the XAPs for an sideloaded them, no issues at all with them WTF ?

I'll see how long I can live with out Team Viewer but, it might be that ONE app that makes me roll back. Crap, always something isn't it ?

Try scanning the QR code from this website with your phone: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mobile-app.aspx

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for clearing the issue, DavidinCT.

I almost forget: besides of Cortana working for spanish-spekaing lands, also the dictation functions has reappeared (it was there on build 10149 but informed "Something went wrong" when was touched). On this build works flawlessly, even on third-party apps (Twitter, WhatsApp).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb