Build 10512 Thread

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got the insider update 10512 and my contacts are bricked. the icon on the start screen is dimmed. There is no people app in the app list. When I click on the people icon I get an error that the people app can't be opened.

Anybody get the same problem?

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Decided to give this a try on my 1020 and so far so good, despite a few hours getting things settled down.

Here is how things went for me:

Had to upgrade to 10166 and then again to get the latest 10512 which took a couple of hours overall. I just left it alone to do its stuff. Once it had finished it seems that things were still settling down a lot of stuff was still going on in the background as the phone was very jerky and unresponsive. I left it alone for a while longer and was still the same so decided to do a full hard reset and chose to start with a clean slate.

Things were much better after doing this but I still had some problems with the email live tiles (I have a tile for each of my 2 accounts) which refused to show notifications. Also had some problems loading apps but after uninstalling/installing these were fixed.

A couple more soft resets fixed the email problems and now everything has settled down and seems very stable. Still some unresponsiveness at times when unlocking and also swiping down to get notifications but seems a lot closer to being finished than an earlier build I tried a couple of months ago. Also there is a couple of seconds delay before lock screen info shows but these are just minor problems that should be easy to fix.

I also had a problem with connecting to my Microsoft band. I had to delete the app and also do a factory reset on the band and delete it from Bluetooth. After doing this and then starting afresh, its now working as it was on 8.1. Love my band btw, an awesome bit of kit.

One thing that is puzzling me is I cant seem to find anywhere to set notification sounds for sms. Maybe I'm missing something obvious? In the sounds setting page there is only Ringtones. In notifications settings, messaging is not showing in the list of apps at the bottom of that page yet WhatsApp is there and working.

Overall then, its a rather long winded process to upgrade and not without its problems but I'm happy with the end result and will be sticking with this build. Now the wait goes on for the new flagships :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Try scanning the QR code from this website with your phone: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mobile-app.aspx

Cool but, riddle me this (my Joker reference), what lens do I need to view QR codes in Windows 10 Mobile, if I go into camera and try it, it does not see it and If I go into settings\Lens it points me to the store and does not find anything...

The plot thickens here, I did some searches for it and when searching for "WIndows Phone team viewer", I see the preview of the site and it goes to "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. " was the app pulled for some reason ?

Someone on 8.1 see if you can find it in the store ? (there is 2 one that is just a web page, make sure it's the official one). I would try to download the XAP but, like most apps it's encrypted so I cant even sideload it :(

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
One thing I LOVE about Windows 10 Mobile is voice typing, not sure if everyone noticed this yet. So when ever you bring up the keyboard, the Mic icon shows up, So you can use voice on any app, email, twitter, facebook, etc.

This saves so much time when if your in a fairly quiet room and don't have a strong accent, it is about 98% accurate. Fixing a word or 2 takes a lot less time than typing a whole 140 letter tweet....

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Re: Build 1051x incoming "next week" = ?

Lumia ICON here...Battery Life is still quite poor. I've turned off a lot of background tasks but still just using the phone drains batter bad. Standby is OK but phone use is just bad for battery life.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'll see how long I can live with out Team Viewer but, it might be that ONE app that makes me roll back. Crap, always something isn't it ?

I had TeamViewer on 8.1 and it is still working on 10. Tapatalk was not working after update so installed Tapatalk Classic, Instagram is an other app that isn't working, haven't found any workaround for it.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Cool but, riddle me this (my Joker reference), what lens do I need to view QR codes in Windows 10 Mobile, if I go into camera and try it, it does not see it and If I go into settings\Lens it points me to the store and does not find anything...

The plot thickens here, I did some searches for it and when searching for "WIndows Phone team viewer", I see the preview of the site and it goes to "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. " was the app pulled for some reason ?

Someone on 8.1 see if you can find it in the store ? (there is 2 one that is just a web page, make sure it's the official one). I would try to download the XAP but, like most apps it's encrypted so I cant even sideload it :(

Download qr code scanner from the store and scan the code with qr code scanner.

Btw i cannot find the app in win8.1 phone but when i scan the qr code i will find it in the store of 8.1 phone and installed it!

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
One thing I LOVE about Windows 10 Mobile is voice typing, not sure if everyone noticed this yet. So when ever you bring up the keyboard, the Mic icon shows up, So you can use voice on any app, email, twitter, facebook, etc.

This saves so much time when if your in a fairly quiet room and don't have a strong accent, it is about 98% accurate. Fixing a word or 2 takes a lot less time than typing a whole 140 letter tweet....

Sounds cool.Im on the latest build.need to send an email,where's the mic located.Do I need Cortana for this ?

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Stupid question here :grincry:

I?ve downloaded the preview but after reading more post I thought I shouldn?t install the preview.

So I have the update ready to install but I don?t wan?t it to install, how do I remove it?

Thx

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had TeamViewer on 8.1 and it is still working on 10. Tapatalk was not working after update so installed Tapatalk Classic, Instagram is an other app that isn't working, haven't found any workaround for it.

Glad it still works but, it's not available in the store now, I figured it should work, It sucks because I really need it...

I had to hard reset to install 10512...so I lost it figuring it would just re-install.

Sounds cool.Im on the latest build.need to send an email,where's the mic located.Do I need Cortana for this ?

Right at the top to the left when the keyboard comes up it shows it, Not sure if you NEED Cortana setup, as I have her/it setup on my phone.

Just select a text field and when the keyboard shows up, right above the keyboard.

Download qr code scanner from the store and scan the code with qr code scanner.

Btw i cannot find the app in win8.1 phone but when I scan the qr code I will find it in the store of 8.1 phone and installed it!

Interesting, I'll try that right now. I need that app as I use it for work.

EDIT: Downloaded "QR Code Scanner" from the store, went to the page, and went to the store and got a "Page Not found" in the store... CRAP...

I guess I have to look underground for this app to find it to try to side load it...or roll back...

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

So I have the update ready to install but I don?t wan?t it to install, how do I remove it?

I'll let others correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't. If it's telling you it will be installed in two days at 3:00 a.m., you can't stop it without doing a hard reset of your phone. To make it as painless as possible (but still painful) you can try:

• Uninstall the Windows Insider app - this is critical so that after you reset and restore it doesn't auto-download and put you back in the same situation.
  • Back up your phone to OneDrive
  • Hard reset your phone
  • Restore from a backup

Unless there's something someone else can add, that's how I had to do it when it came to 10166. :(

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm on 8.1 on L520, I see TeamViewer in the store. It's still there. Good luck.
EDIT: there is just one.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Question - I have a Lumia 930 on 8.1 Denim

If I put 10512 am I compromising video/sound/camera photo quality? Does the tech preview strip away some of those drivers?

Tempted to give it a try as my 635 is rockin' with this build, but if images are less quality, might wait the month for the release.. Thoughts??

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

I?ve downloaded the preview but after reading more post I thought I shouldn?t install the preview.

Thx
This happened me before.I used the recovery tool to start fresh.I would say a hard reset might work too though

Dirk Bromberg

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi, with this build I'm able to enable my onedrive picture upload but it is not working. Is there a hint? Hard Resett? Is this working or shall I reset to 8.1 and do the upgrade again? I tried from 10166.

Umang Sehgal1

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to upgrade to win10 from win8.2 on my Lumia730 but it keeps on saying to clear 1.29gb of space but when I started the update I had 2.68gb but now only 567mb is available and 5.88gb has been taken by the system out of 6.27. What to do? How to clear some space? If it can't be done how to remove all the files that have been downloaded?

anil kumar51

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi my lumia 630 has random reboot issue since I updated to lumia denim through preview for developers program iam now on build 10512. It continuously reboots for every 10 min if I don't use the phone. Someone please please help me

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
THINK I figured out the problem with Android apps, when I tried BOA, it's looking for a GPS signal and times out. With out giving any info out, there is a tool for that on a sister side of WC. After that it works, other apps are hit or miss, some work, others wont.

Wish I could get the Dish Anywhere app working as that is one of the big ones I wanted :(

As for TeamViewer, It appears the App has been removed from the store. That would be why I cant get it. If you go over their site about mobile apps

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mobile.aspx

You'll see that all other Apps have a link directly to their app, but, the Windows Phone 8 version does not and if you follow the QR code, it will just said "this page can not be found" in the store..

I opened a support case with Team viewer to find out why and if it will be back soon. So I cant roll back anyway, as if I do, it wont change anything, just sucks I HAD to hard reset to install 10512 and that broke an important app.

Wish I could find a XAP for it, just so I can work from my phone if needed till it's resolved. I saw it before, I should of grabbed to make a backup of it, oh, well, next time :(

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Can you send the link it here ? (Is it the official one, not the "Team Viewer Exclusive" that is just a link to the page ?)

Hmm, I can see it through the store on my phone. I can see it in the WP web page search, but when click on it, it's says "Sorry page you requested can not be found."
On my phone, I clicked install and it installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb