Build 10512 Thread

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
THINK I figured out the problem with Android apps, when I tried BOA, it's looking for a GPS signal and times out. With out giving any info out, there is a tool for that on a sister side of WC. After that it works, other apps are hit or miss, some work, others wont.

Wish I could get the Dish Anywhere app working as that is one of the big ones I wanted :(

As for TeamViewer, It appears the App has been removed from the store. That would be why I cant get it. If you go over their site about mobile apps

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mobile.aspx

You'll see that all other Apps have a link directly to their app, but, the Windows Phone 8 version does not and if you follow the QR code, it will just said "this page can not be found" in the store..

I opened a support case with Team viewer to find out why and if it will be back soon. So I cant roll back anyway, as if I do, it wont change anything, just sucks I HAD to hard reset to install 10512 and that broke an important app.

Wish I could find a XAP for it, just so I can work from my phone if needed till it's resolved. I saw it before, I should of grabbed to make a backup of it, oh, well, next time :(

I have the xap file for you pm me

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia icon.
When I upgraded from
10166to 10512, my flash stopped working.
I could have dropped it, but it seems coincidental.
Anyone what experience that?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the xap file for you pm me

Thanks for looking, still on the quest..

I have a Lumia icon.
When I upgraded from
10166to 10512, my flash stopped working.
I could have dropped it, but it seems coincidental.
Anyone what experience that?

Try a flashlight app... see if it goes on for that... (just expand notifications and it's built in, try that)

Nokia ICON here on Verizon, No problems with the flash on 10512

I have a few back covers for my ICON from the 930 (so I can change colors), If your having an issue, maybe poping off the back cover and putting it back on will resolve it (it's attached to the back cover, so it could of shifted or something if dropped).

BTW, Still looking for a Orange back with all the bits...Figured I would drop this in here :)

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else not getting notifications for like text messages? Cause we all limited to default tones that you can't really hear.

funnypharmacist

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I apologize if I am posting in wrong thread, I am new to the WC, qite familiar with xda though. I have a Lumia 640 Dual Sim on which I am trying to get the W10M update, for the first time the update downloaded and failed due to the SD card issue so I did a hard reset and since then the app is showing following error, won't I be able to get the preview?
Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150815_0002.png
    wp_ss_20150815_0002.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 9

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,
Here's my report about this build.
I have a Lumia 820 which I updated to windows 10 a few builds a go and rolled back to 8.1 (it wasn't practical for daily use)
Now I decided to give it a go again.
I updated from 8.1, without a hard reset at first. Every thing seemed better but, as usual some apps did not work and the device froze a few times. So I decided to hard reset for a fresh install.
I really think it could be used as a primary device.. However, here are the few issues I didn't find a solution for (yet :smile: )

1- Thumbnails in picture collection do not display. wp_ss_20150807_0003[1].png
If anyone has a solution for that... Please let me know.
I'm gonna try to delete all the pictures and recopy them again, to see if it works

2- Glance was working after the update but I can't find it after the hard reset. I knew it was an issue in the previous build... But I read that it was resolved in this one... Well, it's not... at least not for me.

3- a few apps are not available anymore. Also after the hard reset. The worked fine before I made a hard reset. The apps that are important for me are:
- TeamViewer (I just read a post above about it... It seems it's not available for windows phone any more)
- Truecaller

Again if you have a workaround... please let me know.

Other than that...It's running smoothly (after the hard reset, that is)

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
L1520
Anybody facing difficulty with Phone charging. My Lumia gets charged real slow after installing this build. Takes rough 6hrs to reach just 50% charge.
Lumia Camera app crashes when photos are clicked in zoom mode. (one out of three times roughly). But the clicked photos before crash are saved in gallery.
Call history is not proper. At least once in a day had to restart the mobile to get the incoming/outgoing calls get listed in call history.. else t numbers go missing in history. Had experienced the same in previous build too.
SMS and other notifications are not fully functional I believe. I receive one notification but when I open the app I can see more number of mails or messages there.
Voice typing is excellent. It would be glad if they take steps to include smart voice commands to send the message/mail typed. Now after typing everything we have to go and click the send button every time.
Installed Android apps. Works like charm. Installed Pinterest and works good. Installed snapchat but as it requires playstore for login not able to use it. Tried installing clashofclans but it took a long time to get installed so cancelled it. Will try soon and update its working.

funnypharmacist

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
L1520
Anybody facing difficulty with Phone charging. My Lumia gets charged real slow after installing this build. Takes rough 6hrs to reach just 50% charge.
Lumia Camera app crashes when photos are clicked in zoom mode. (one out of three times roughly). But the clicked photos before crash are saved in gallery.
Call history is not proper. At least once in a day had to restart the mobile to get the incoming/outgoing calls get listed in call history.. else t numbers go missing in history. Had experienced the same in previous build too.
SMS and other notifications are not fully functional I believe. I receive one notification but when I open the app I can see more number of mails or messages there.
Voice typing is excellent. It would be glad if they take steps to include smart voice commands to send the message/mail typed. Now after typing everything we have to go and click the send button every time.
Installed Android apps. Works like charm. Installed Pinterest and works good. Installed snapchat but as it requires playstore for login not able to use it. Tried installing clashofclans but it took a long time to get installed so cancelled it. Will try soon and update its working.

Any idea about error 0x8007007e

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes