Build 10512 Thread

funnypharmacist

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to upgrade to build 10512 on my 640XL but every time I download build 10512 it says:

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.

Error code: (0x80070003).

I tried a hard reset and trying again - same result.

How can I fix this?

Thanks - Ian

The same with me. Exact same.

funnypharmacist

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Glad I am not alone on this. I have tried hard reset after hard reset. I am literally starting the process to go back to WP 8.1 unless someone knows of a solution.

I am tired of trying too, tried googling it but not much people are facing this problem so couldn't find anything useful. Rolling back to 8.1 Update 2 now.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am tired of trying too, tried googling it but not much people are facing this problem so couldn't find anything useful. Rolling back to 8.1 Update 2 now.

See here - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9/e53b1133-485a-4c8d-b8d2-50c85a10dd48?page=4

One post says this:

This worked for me (Lumia 640):

Backup to Cloud & SD Card
Hardreset (withou SD Card) [Settings => Info => Scroll down => Reset without SD]
Restore from Cloud
Reanable Fast Ring in Insider App
Update to 10.0.10512.1000

No Data lost (only some settings, colors).

Please try it. I can't - downgrade process started already :(

Kenneth Fossum

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth sharing with PC not working. Says unsupported. Tried to send photos from phone to PC

I have serious issues with Bluetooth. Using it (connecting to headphones or my car audio) simply reboots my L930 after a few minutes. You can almost set your watch. I am using Spotify for music and Pocket Casts for podcasts. However, that is not the issue.

Hoping for a better build soon. This is a show stopper deluxe for me.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, not a really good build. I'm getting resuming screen for 10 seconds or so after going back to start screen. This happens almost every time. I don't understand why they "re-enabled" this bug after working just fine last build.
Also, still not able to download other keyboards. This bug is known over 6 months now.
1 month till rtm? I want to see that...

chaitanya goteti

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my Lumia 640 XL to build 10512. This build is faster and more responsive than 10166. Still unable to access keyboard in landscape mode. Store and update not working behind college proxy. They used to work in windows phone 8.1, but that's not the case with W10M although they work in W10 PC. I hope they'll possibly fix these issues in the next build :(

aiyaboyea

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I used build 10512 on my 640XL for 2 days. It went fine.

1. Pictures can now be saved when editing on rich capture.
2. Transferred a pdf to my phone via bluetooth but the toast notification freezes and isn't clickable. File doesn't show anywhere inside the system.
3. Time and quick status has a 2-4 second delay when waking the phone.
4. 1975 wallpapers didn't show up in my phone.
5. Blinking quiet hours(like the others)

So i did a hard reset to "fix" some problems, but the they were still there. Worst is that my phone "didn't succesfully restore backup" and somehow i started from scratch. Hard reset again but still the same problems and error in backup.

I use my camera most of the time and the deal breaker for me is that i can't edit pics on Fhotoroom anymore: When launching/picking pics on the photo app, it crashes. So i rolled back to 8.1. Small reason tho, but i still want to update again to 10512.

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I used build 10512 on my 640XL for 2 days. It went fine.

1. Pictures can now be saved when editing on rich capture.
2. Transferred a pdf to my phone via bluetooth but the toast notification freezes and isn't clickable. File doesn't show anywhere inside the system.
3. Time and quick status has a 2-4 second delay when waking the phone.
4. 1975 wallpapers didn't show up in my phone.
5. Blinking quiet hours(like the others)

So i did a hard reset to "fix" some problems, but the they were still there. Worst is that my phone "didn't succesfully restore backup" and somehow i started from scratch. Hard reset again but still the same problems and error in backup.

I use my camera most of the time and the deal breaker for me is that i can't edit pics on Fhotoroom anymore: When launching/picking pics on the photo app, it crashes. So i rolled back to 8.1. Small reason tho, but i still want to update again to 10512.

For 1975 wallpapers, check ur files / file explorer - phone memory - pictures

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Doing a hard reset on this build will render a waaay more better experience. I just did a hard reset and I would say overall the device is faster.

And there was an update to the store, now suggestions for search are almost instantaneous.

Dirk Bromberg

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I just went back to mobile 8 with recovery tool and now I'm again on the way the 10512. Is it right that I first got the build 10166? After that I got the 10512... that's a long way to go...

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I just went back to mobile 8 with recovery tool and now I'm again on the way the 10512. Is it right that I first got the build 10166? After that I got the 10512... that's a long way to go...
Yes. That is the upgrade path to 10512. There is no direct WP8.1 to W10M build 10512 route, unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)