Build 10512 Thread

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia ICON here on Verizon, No problems with the flash on 10512

I have a few back covers for my ICON from the 930 (so I can change colors), If your having an issue, maybe poping off the back cover and putting it back on will resolve it (it's attached to the back cover, so it could of shifted or something if dropped).

Took the back cover of and cut the corners, a little.
The flash is working, again.
It didn't seem to be pushed out, but I guess it was.

KipperKahn

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Running an Icon and I am finding the phone gets very hot and the battery life horrible on the latest build compared to the last. I could get all day use with the previous build but now i barely get past 1/2 the day and the phone is ready to die. Hard reset did not make a difference either. I must admit though, it is stable and i have had next to no app crashes or touchscreen issues.

sanien

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Build 1051x incoming "next week" = ?

No matter what i do I can't get any of my phones to sync photo and video to onedrive!

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Being on 10512 on Nokia 920 for 3 days now.

Here are my observations and some inputs:
- I have to upgrade to 10166 (around an hour plus), and then 10512 (also about an hour plus)
- 3 second delay on lock screen before getting all the time and date info
- Battery life is okay, but maybe 20% inferior compare to 8.1. Still usable.
- I have to disabled all the defaulted apps to run in the background to get the optimize battery settings
- I cannot pin Battery Saver to my start screen
- Battery Saver does not tell me how long since last charge, it only tells me how long I have left
- Alarm is working fine now (not working in earlier Preview build for me)
- Phone, SMS alerts/notifications working fine
- Whatsapp working as usual. In fact all my apps are working right after the upgrade. I don't have to do anything
- Photos App still not having FAVORITE, so the latest pictures are rotating on my start screen. I wish I can select my FAVORITE photos instead.
- Emails work, calendar is beautiful
- Excel is not allowing me to save, asking me to activate Office 365. I miss that, i need to EDIT files in excel.
- I am able to get some Android APKs to work in my W10 mobile - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, 500px. But accessing to camera and gallery don't work in those apps.
- Snapchat nearly works but cannot get through verifying device step, i guess it knows this is WP! :)
- Flickr APK does not work. And all apps that require Google Play Services are not working (Hangout, Photos, Drive)

Demos Wira Arjuna

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I am not receiving notifications when the screen is locked . When I go in the notifications settings the following message appears " some settings are managed by your organization ." How to solve?
Plis help, thanks.

joebirney

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks
I have hopefully a simple question... I have this new build and so far its great. Yesterday I copied a text file to my One Drive account on my PC that had some tv settings I wanted to change. Went downstairs and was SHOCKED when I could not open a simple text file. Both One Drive and when I tried to download it to my Lumia 1520 asked me to go to the store to open a text file.

So what viewer for simple text file view would you recommend?

Demos Wira Arjuna

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I never set up an exchange account too. I just using this account since Lumia 710, and my PC running win 8.1 and before update to build 10512 everything is alright.
So should I hard reset again this my phone ??

rtwright68

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Installed 10512 last week on my HTC One M8 (Windows). Had the same upgrade experiencing having to go to 10166 then 10512. Did a hard reset after playing around with it for a while. Overall experience has been good, better than with 10166. Same nagging issues remain that I encountered before (nothing that is a show stopper, but things they have to fix before the RTM, IMO).

I am hoping to keep this as my main driver through RTM, but time will tell.

The following are some of my observations thus far:
1) IMHO, battery life is greatly improved over 10166.

2) Quiet hours icon is flashing, but quiets hours as set in Cortana do work properly.

3) Can set notification sounds per app, but unfortunately are stuck with one notification sound in Outlook (even though I have two accounts configured).

4) Notifications are timely and do work (I see email notifications just prior to my desktop Outlook app being updated with new emails.

5) Still have weird texting issue. If I send a new text to a recipient that I don't already have a thread open for, it does send the text to the correct person, but shows someone else as the recipient. Once that person replies, it shows a new thread with the reply (and correct contact info) and the conversation works normally from that point on. I have seen that in 10166 and 10512 but not on 8.1.

6) Outlook app generally works but occasionally gets "confused" between the two accounts. Or while checking a number of emails to delete, it unchecks them and starts over again. Closing the app and re-opening fixes the issue for the time being. Stupid conversation mode persists with my Office365 account and no way to change (unless I am really missing something)

7) I have less then 35 tiles open, but they do update properly and I don't experience the lag or issues resuming apps so far.

8) Used the maps app this weekend for traveling, and did have to restart a couple times due to the app apparently locking up. Other than that it was accurate. Was able to hear turn-by-turn updates as we drove (over the audio on the radio) which was nice.

9) Bluetooth connected to my GMC truck works correctly for phone and audio. I play podcasts through my system for the most part.

10) Photos do upload to my OneDrive account correctly.

11) Cannot download and use the same "Tasks" app I had previously. Fails with 0x80240024 continuously. Other apps can install without issues. Strange. Not a big deal but hope to return to that app eventually. Store app does seem to still have issues and is pretty slow.

12) Hoping to have hotspot capabilities in the next build (crossing fingers).

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'll let others correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't. If it's telling you it will be installed in two days at 3:00 a.m., you can't stop it without doing a hard reset of your phone. To make it as painless as possible (but still painful) you can try:

• Uninstall the Windows Insider app - this is critical so that after you reset and restore it doesn't auto-download and put you back in the same situation.
  • Back up your phone to OneDrive
  • Hard reset your phone
  • Restore from a backup

Unless there's something someone else can add, that's how I had to do it when it came to 10166. :(

Backup was not working, tried all day and night, so decided to give a try.

Deleted using OneDrive, or using the phone to create a new backup, when I was getting 100% backup nothing was show in OneDrive, and when the backup started showing in OneDrive It stucked at 32% every time.

Its nice the livetile in Outlook, the best is its showing the junk folder too, all those sexy females around me and those manhood pills :grin:

The back button not closing the app, I hope its a bug and not a feature.

Sometimes when I enter settings menu the folder is empty, only the search is there.

I have a Lumia 930 BR country variant, battery for me is almost identical to Win 8.1.

Can?t figure out how to use Data Sense yet, how to set limits.

stevied07

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

I received this update just a couple of days ago, but so far it has resolved "many" issues for me. Especially the important ones. It now works with my hands free Bluetooth again as in 8.1, meaning I can do hands free calling and texting, and it's solid. I haven't seen the screen hanging up after I have been on the phone for a while or hanging up with a phone call.. I have no lag time when going between my screens or going back to the home screen. I haven't tried the voice navigation yet, but I did go in and see that it had my favorite of "home" and that favorite was carried over from the Here Drive application. I will probably see if I can kick it off from Cortana today when I'm leaving work.
"And the number one reason I love this build!!" Cortana could answer the question "what is zero divided by zero?" ;-)
But seriously, I love having Outlook on my phone now, I haven't had many issues with this but I keep just one email account on the phone. I do need to check on some of the other things. i.e. custom tones for texting, easier access to make a song a ringtone.... has to be an easier way MS??? but this is a solid build so far IMO.

Lets have some fun with the previews, it's coming along really nice. The future of running the same OS across all my devices, having my music available and not dealing with all these different interfaces and compatibility issues is a dream come true for me. I play my music from the same library on my phone, tablet, laptop and XBOX.

I'm on an HTC One M8, and this build may be the one to put the girlfriend on, it's that solid so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss