Build 10512 Thread

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
The following will erase all your data and the internal storage, So backup all your files before you start.

- Turn off your phone
- Press power button
- Hold volume down till you see !
- Press the following buttons in sequence:
Volume up, Volume Down, Power Button, Volume down.
- Wait until finished.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
How to adjust display colour tone and white balance in this build? Regards

Go to settings > additional options (maybe it's called differently, the very last one) > display, and there you can adjust sunlight readability, color saturation and temperature and maybe some other stuff (probably depends on the device)

The following will erase all your data and the internal storage, So backup all your files before you start.

- Turn off your phone
- Press power button
- Hold volume down till you see !
- Press the following buttons in sequence:
Volume up, Volume Down, Power Button, Volume down.
- Wait until finished.

Or, go to settings > System > About, and at the bottom there is a button to reset your phone

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Go to settings > additional options (maybe it's called differently, the very last one) > display, and there you can adjust sunlight readability, color saturation and temperature and maybe some other stuff (probably depends on the device)

Or, go to settings > System > About, and at the bottom there is a button to reset your phone

The last time i did that on 10166 i was stuck on setup

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Tried on my 1320 for a few days (as opposed to just a few hours last time I checked it out). Overall, I like what I'm seeing. The new phone app, the added functionality in Cortana, the calculator and the music player, all looking very promising. But I do need my Call+SMS filters, quiet hours and weather on the glance screen. Also, I need some battery life and a phone that doesn't heat up like crazy. And the My Account app from T-Mobile US (and a few other apps) didn't work anymore. Also, Lenses. But there's nice progress and I think once RTM time comes around, it will all be fixed, right? Right?

Last edited:

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Well that looks promising

A
93ecd040866d6df5e23266182404bb31.png

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I think that tweet means absolutely nothing....

they aallways have new builds working in internal rings... that's how it is anyway.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I had a question. When you lock your phone and after sometime the screen blanks out, do you still see the time on the screen? How do you get rid of that? I just want a blank screen until I unlock it. I believe my battery drains slightly faster since it has to sense when to show the time on the screen.

Lumia 1020
Build 10512
Country - Kenya

Thank you

Chintan

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I had a question. When you lock your phone and after sometime the screen blanks out, do you still see the time on the screen? How do you get rid of that? I just want a blank screen until I unlock it. I believe my battery drains slightly faster since it has to sense when to show the time on the screen.

Lumia 1020
Build 10512
Country - Kenya

Thank you

Chintan

Turn off glance screen im settings

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,
Here's my report about this build.
I have a Lumia 820 which I updated to windows 10 a few builds a go and rolled back to 8.1 (it wasn't practical for daily use)
Now I decided to give it a go again.
I updated from 8.1, without a hard reset at first. Every thing seemed better but, as usual some apps did not work and the device froze a few times. So I decided to hard reset for a fresh install.
I really think it could be used as a primary device.. However, here are the few issues I didn't find a solution for (yet :smile: )

1- Thumbnails in picture collection do not display. View attachment 110482
If anyone has a solution for that... Please let me know.
I'm gonna try to delete all the pictures and recopy them again, to see if it works

2- Glance was working after the update but I can't find it after the hard reset. I knew it was an issue in the previous build... But I read that it was resolved in this one... Well, it's not... at least not for me.

3- a few apps are not available anymore. Also after the hard reset. The worked fine before I made a hard reset. The apps that are important for me are:
- TeamViewer (I just read a post above about it... It seems it's not available for windows phone any more)
- Truecaller

Again if you have a workaround... please let me know.

Other than that...It's running smoothly (after the hard reset, that is)

Was there ever a solution to the thumbnails not showing up in in the photos collection? I've notice if I save photos to "phone" they show up, if I do "SD Card" they don't. And if it's saving to SD card, using Lumia Camera, none of my videos save after recording or if they do... I can't find them. 😞

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I ended up trying a different SD Card... I was using a 64GB Card... It seems it has an error. Now with a different 32GB Card, thumbnails are showing again

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Any tips on better battery life, specifically, for the Lumia Icon? I don't want to go back to 8.1 but just using the phone brings it to its knees in no time. Also seems to lose 6% an hour on standby.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Any tips on better battery life, specifically, for the Lumia Icon? I don't want to go back to 8.1 but just using the phone brings it to its knees in no time. Also seems to lose 6% an hour on standby.

don't use glance screen *battery life needs to be improved in further builds*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss