Build 10512 Thread

bhulabhatka

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I have an Lumia Icon and battery life is not bad... I have turned off most of the background processes for apps I do not care for... Also, kill your map software after you are done using it... The GPS connection stays on even it is running in background. Plus, keep the Dark theme... the less lighter colors, the less battery drain....

blueboysin

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Unable to set new app loction to phone memory ? I changed in storage section new app location to phone memory still it could nit install in phone memory...even I am trying without sd card still getting following error app unable to install on sd card?

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Build 1051x incoming "next week" = ?

Did anyone get the APK to W10M working with this build? On my lumia 640 continually getting Error 14.

Marc_With_a_C

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Having a weird text issue. Has been working fine. Today i tried opening messages all I saw was a blank history log. Tried texting and it would just sit after hitting the send button. After that it is stuck. Then after force closing and trying to reopen I see old messages but they won't open or it just loops on resuming and closes. No matter what I cant send or receive messages. Soft reboot won't fix it.

Miguel Correia

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
So far in this new build the only "issue" that bothers me a bit its a slight delay on the lock screen, it takes a while to show the date and time when you press the power button.

Lumia 640XL non LTE

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys able to hear your notifications? My text are like non audible since this past update.

I don't even get notifications for texts (no sound, no toast, doesn't appear in the notification centre), only cue, that I've got a new text is the number on the live tile. Other notifications, like skype, 6tag, facebook ar fine (toasts, noises and everything)

ame phirinyane

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by xrs22 View Post
Are you guys able to hear your notifications? My text are like non audible since this past update.
I don't even get notifications for texts (no sound, no toast, doesn't appear in the notification centre), only cue, that I've got a new text is the number on the live tile. Other notifications, like skype, 6tag, facebook ar fine (toasts, noises and everything)

if u unmarked the system sounds under SOUNDS then most things go silent

ame phirinyane

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm out! Things that made it difficult to stay with 10512 on my 1520:

- 'loading...' bug on start,
- alarms sometimes not going off
- maps app breaking during an update, can't fix it
- email swipe actions resetting about once a week
- email tiles going to the wrong account once in a while
- the lack of glance screen settings
- the 1-2 second delay between hitting power and seeing the lock screen
- camera app from lock screen sometimes refusing to work in landscape

I'm kind of fed up with hard resets, so I'm back on my backup Android phone. The shame! :(

i feel ur pain mate.i too am considering a phone that works.i no this is a preview but so far they fix this break that...
but il stick around for the final preview to see if its worth it.then decide from there.i hope MS checks out how many ppl love it and how many its about to lose

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
anybody with MS Band can comment on how it is working with the new build? I had to go back to 8.1 from 10166 because of too many missing notifications. Wonder if this was part of the 2000 fixes.
thanks

Still hit and miss but more HIT than miss...it also may be the last Band firmware, as my wife on 8.1 is reporting quirky issues with notification and Bluetooth.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Well, I'm out! Things that made it difficult to stay with 10512 on my 1520:

- 'loading...' bug on start,
- alarms sometimes not going off
- maps app breaking during an update, can't fix it
- email swipe actions resetting about once a week
- email tiles going to the wrong account once in a while
- the lack of glance screen settings
- the 1-2 second delay between hitting power and seeing the lock screen
- camera app from lock screen sometimes refusing to work in landscape

I'm kind of fed up with hard resets, so I'm back on my backup Android phone. The shame! :(

Well, I wouldn't be as drastic as going to an Android but I may use the Lumia tool and go back to 8.1 on my Lumia ICON...batter life is just insanely bad...example...took it off charger about 2 hours ago, with little use, already down to 80%...I've tried turning off a lot of stuff and still poor batter life just USING the phone...side note, battery life is a problem also on my Surface Pro 3 and Dell Venue Pro 8.

rtwright68

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
anybody with MS Band can comment on how it is working with the new build? I had to go back to 8.1 from 10166 because of too many missing notifications. Wonder if this was part of the 2000 fixes.
thanks

Overall, I think 10512 is working much better with the Band then on 10166. I am getting notifications for both my email accounts, texts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett