Build 10512 Thread

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Build 1051x incoming "next week" = ?

Did anyone get the APK to W10M working with this build? On my lumia 640 continually getting Error 14.
A couple people have mentioned earlier in this thread that APKs work, though as with earlier builds, your mileage may vary. Some apps work, some don't. But nothing in this build that specifically breaks them.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
i feel ur pain mate.i too am considering a phone that works.i no this is a preview but so far they fix this break that...
but il stick around for the final preview to see if its worth it.then decide from there.i hope MS checks out how many ppl love it and how many its about to lose
A phone that works? Can't you roll back to Windows Phone 8.1? As for "how many its about to lose?" Well, yeah, if this was a final release, but it's not. Please, please, PLEASE tell me you don't honestly expect Microsoft is about to just slap a coat of paint on this and push it out the door as W10M RTM?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I find my Band notifications are working too well in Build 10512. :) I receive notifications for texts all the time, then when I open Messaging in W10M and view a text, it appears again on my Band. :) Though that's a big improvement over 10166, where I wasn't getting any notifications.

Band notifications are better in this build...I do some times get two for the same one...

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I find my Band notifications are working too well in Build 10512. :) I receive notifications for texts all the time, then when I open Messaging in W10M and view a text, it appears again on my Band. :) Though that's a big improvement over 10166, where I wasn't getting any notifications.

True. That happens to me too.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

As I am using a Pebble with the Pebble Notifications app, Notifications are over all pretty good (did not work at all on 10166 besides delayed email), some times it's random, where I wont see a notification for a while and all of a sudden there will be a flood of them.

Sometime even Cortana does not go off that I had a new Text and it's already caused issues with my wife :-\

Most of the time, it's pretty dead on so far I am happy with it...

I almost want to say besides the battery life on this(about 65-75% of what 8.1 was) this build is better than the release of Windows 10 (RTM day release of 10240) for the PC.

A couple people have mentioned earlier in this thread that APKs work, though as with earlier builds, your mileage may vary. Some apps work, some don't. But nothing in this build that specifically breaks them.

That is so true, tried about 10 different APKs....3 of them work... some load but some issues, others don't do anything besides "loading....."

It really is a hit or miss, there is a spreadsheet in one of the threads that tells working programs but, I cant talk too much about this subjet, it's a heated issue with WC and myself.

davegol

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
thought i would share some experience I had with 10512 on my L920:
* started out ok, but then start getting the dreaded "loading..." loop intermittently
* managed to get around it a few times using some of the tricks that have been mentioned (kids corner, feedback tool, camera, waiting, etc)
* then it persisted and I couldn't get in, no matter what I did.
* ended up doing a soft-reboot (vol dn + pwr button). this removed all the apps.
* start screen loaded ok. my suspicion is that some live tiles were causing the issue.
* removed ALL tiles from my start screen except for Phone
* now it has been stable (though not a great user experience!). no more "loading ..." loop.
* slowly adding tiles 1 by 1 every few hours (starting with system tiles - messaging, people, etc)
* so far so good.

Demos Wira Arjuna

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes its bug in this build n i fixed it by turning on banners.. Check ur messagea notifications settings and turn on the banners . Thn sound can be heard of incoming messages

I've checked all of settings in this build, and I found red sentence like this "Some settings are managed by your organization" in sub menu notifications and actions.
So I cannot turn on the banners of notifications. Can anyone help to fix this problem? That's so make me a headache :(

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I've installed 10512 on a Lumia 520, a 532, and a 630 Dual Sim. It runs best of all on the 632, a little sluggish on the 520 (and installation failed, requiring a reset to 8.1 first), and it's a mixed bag on the 630, my main phone.

I've had the loading loop on my 630 Dual Sim, even though I'm down to 20 tiles. Got out of it by pressing the search button repeatedly and going back and forth from Cortana to Start until it stopped.

Biggest problem so far is with loading languages - this has happened to all three phones. I had several installed under 8.1 - English (US and UK), German, Polish, and French. Set phone to English US during installation because I want the real Cortana.

But I can't get languages to load unless they are set as the phone language, and keyboards won't load at all. (I can only choose the English US keyboard - so no word suggestions or special characters.) Polish on the 532 says "Attention required" - "The text suggestions update for this keyboard didn't download successfully."

I've received a repeated 0x800700003 error on the 630 for a phone update that I believe to be the language packs - it doesn't say what it is, but it's listed as 10.10512.1000. (The error message in German: "Einige Updatedateien fehlen oder weisen Probleme auf. Wir versuchen, das Update sp?ter erneut herunterzuladen." - Several update files are missing or damaged. We'll try to download the update later.) This took a very long time to do, and was stuck at 0% for most of the time.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I had a few questions.
1. If I had the lumia imaging apps like refocus and panorama installed in 8.1 and I upgrade to 10, will they stay or be removed automatically? Or for that matter any app that was available in 8.1 but not in 10. I'm upgrading back to 10 from 8.1 but I've made sure all my apps are there before I jump to 10

2. If your onedrive storage is full, how can you do a backup? My office 365 expired and I'm over by 375GB.

3. I noticed that my gmail emails are found in the outlook app. So where are my outlook emails? If they are in the same place, how can I differentiate them?

4. If your phone has cyan version of 8.1, will it be able to upgrade to WP10 when it actually comes out? My lumia 1020 was on cyan before I did the insider preview

Thank you,

Chintan

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am using an lumia 730 with W10 buid 10166.So far its good and not making much problems.
Some times there is a little hang and when we swap the screen,there is a little lag.Other than that..it is working fine
So should I install 10152? Is it good to use as a daily driver? I heard that the wifi disconnects periodically and is difficult to sign in after a hard reset.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I am using an lumia 730 with W10 buid 10166.So far its good and not making much problems.
Some times there is a little hang and when we swap the screen,there is a little lag.Other than that..it is working fine
So should I install 10152? Is it good to use as a daily driver? I heard that the wifi disconnects periodically and is difficult to sign in after a hard reset.
There are a lot of little things that are still wrong with the 10512 build. If you can live with bugs on your phone, then the 10512 build is stable enough to use. NOTE: If you like to play games on your phone, I personally advise you to stay away from the Technical Preview for now. I've had nothing but problems with some of my preferred games each time that I've tried a Tech Preview build. :)

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a few questions.

1) If you perform an inplace upgrade from WP8.1 to the Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview, then the apps should still be there when you are done installing the OS. However, if you follow Daniel Rubino's recommendation to hard reset the phone after upgrading, then you might not be able to reinstall the apps until Microsoft releases a Windows 10 Mobile-focused version of those apps. (Note: I also recommend a hard reset after moving to the tech preview.)

2) If your OneDrive storage is full, then you need to delete files off that OneDrive account until it is under the quota. You say that you're over by 375GB, then you should probably delete 380GB of files to clear your account to be under your quota and to leave enough space to backup your phone. Otherwise, you can buy a subscription to OneDrive to expand your storage quota to include 380GB (or more) of additional space for your use. There is no way around this, otherwise.

3) The email accounts are all kept within the Outlook Mail app on Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview. You have to hit the Hamburger menu inside the app, select "Accounts" and then choose which account you want to view. You can also use that screen to pin each inbox to your start menu.

4) There is no news to report here. Microsoft stated, a long time ago, that any phone that runs Windows Phone 8.1 can be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile when it is released. Whether or not that is still the case, no one has really reported. We are still a couple of months (at least) away from release so ask this question again sometime around October. There may be more information out at that time.

I hope that this helps!

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Is there any way to configure Outlook Mail to show me all messages from my 4 different accounts at the same time? Or do I have to go to each Account separately each time to see if I have any Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, and Outlook mail?

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Is there any way to configure Outlook Mail to show me all messages from my 4 different accounts at the same time? Or do I have to go to each Account separately each time to see if I have any Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, and Outlook mail?
From my previous post just before yours:

"3) The email accounts are all kept within the Outlook Mail app on Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview. You have to hit the Hamburger menu inside the app, select "Accounts" and then choose which account you want to view. You can also use that screen to pin each inbox to your start menu."

TL;DR: No. You must view each account, individually. There is no "blended" inbox so you must view each account seperately to see if you have any new email in those inboxes. You can pin the account to the Start Screen to gain the "at a glance" view of each inbox to see if you have new messages in them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss