Build 10512 Thread

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
There are a lot of little things that are still wrong with the 10512 build. If you can live with bugs on your phone, then the 10512 build is stable enough to use. NOTE: If you like to play games on your phone, I personally advise you to stay away from the Technical Preview for now. I've had nothing but problems with some of my preferred games each time that I've tried a Tech Preview build. :)

thanks for the info.what I want to know is build 10512 much better than 10166?can I can use it as my daily driver or should I wait for the next build?

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
The answer to your question depends on your individual needs. Yes, 10512 is better, but it might not be strong enough for your primary phone. I had it installed since release and just reverted my Lumia Icon ( Verizon ) back to 8.1. It is a secondary phone for me, but the problems were still sufficient for me to finally give up on it a few weeks later:

There is a sufficient lag time with most apps, including the login screen. It is just downright slow in all aspects.

Bluetooth issues are not resolved, and it is very sketchy with the Microsoft Band. Communicating with Cortana via the band does not work at all.

Voice activation is not working on my phone, and thus, no "Hey Cortana"

Email is annoying because we cannot unify multiple accounts into one inbox as we could previously in 8.1.

There are still many problems with the Store which means updating of primary apps is sporadic.

Call quality seems to be OK but more than once I lost a call when trying to answer it.

Messaging seems to work OK for me, but apparently not for everyone.

The Verizon Visual Voice Mail app does not work, at all, and thus that service is not available yet.

The photo app is confusing, and photos do not seem to be uploading to One Drive as they should. I simply can't depend on the camera yet although it is the best camera phone I own.

So ... take a look at all the comments and ask yourself "Are there issues here that will regularly annoy me. If so, it's not the update for you.

Tim

hf199

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
10512: Recently I've been having issues with the loading loop on the start screen (640 XL dual sim). I have done one hard reset already but will not do another if it happens again. I will revert back to 8.1

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
10512: Recently I've been having issues with the loading loop on the start screen (640 XL dual sim). I have done one hard reset already but will not do another if it happens again. I will revert back to 8.1
Look at comment #478, davegol had the same problem and a solution. Remove live tiles and add back.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Look at comment #478, davegol had the same problem and a solution. Remove live tiles and add back.

Am i the only unfortunate owner of Lumia 535 who didn't received the build 10512 ?? Upgraded from 8.1 today in the hope to receive the latest build but after installiNg the info shows it's 10166...why it's such ?? Pls reply

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Am i the only unfortunate owner of Lumia 535 who didn't received the build 10512 ?? Upgraded from 8.1 today in the hope to receive the latest build but after installiNg the info shows it's 10166...why it's such ?? Pls reply

After installing the 10166 build, you must install the Insider app again (if not already installed) and go through the process again. Start the Insider app, click "Get preview builds", choose "fast ring", etc etc ... then settings/update & security/phone update.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, I appreciate the detailed answers. I don't want to hard reset since I want the Lumia imaging apps to be there. I'm starting the process again to upgrade to 10.

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I've checked all of settings in this build, and I found red sentence like this "Some settings are managed by your organization" in sub menu notifications and actions.
So I cannot turn on the banners of notifications. Can anyone help to fix this problem? That's so make me a headache :(

You need to hard reset. I had this problem also and it required a hard reset.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

So on the suggestion of a few amazing people in the forums, I started everything from scratch and here's what happened.

I'm on build 10512, Lumia 1020, Kenya.

I got back the Lumia imaging apps, specifically refocus, panorama and cinemagraph. Lumia camera unfortunately got ejected somewhere in between the upgrades, I guess that can't stay while Microsoft camera is there.

Something I realised, the photosynth application is missing, both for windows 8.1 and 10. I can't find it in the store. Does anyone know what happened?

Issues:

1. Camera cannot detect that I have other lenses installed like refocus

2. Messages still don't give any sound notification when they arrive

3. The dialer keypad has tones enabled when I press the buttons. I haven't found a way to switch it off. Any ideas?

4. After restoring your phone to 8.1 and using the backup, why do some apps come back even though you removed them? I'm getting tired of removing "food and drink", "facebook" and "news" and others

5. I read somewhere the default camera for 10 has introduced options for RAW. I find it's still missing in my phone. Anyone with a L1020 who can confirm this?

Once again, thank you for your time

Chintan

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
For me build 10512 is good enough to be on my Lumia 735 as my daily driver. After a week of using it, I'm not going back to 8.1 anymore. There are still some anoying bugs, but okay, as far as pre-RTM builds go it is quite good. Everything works (alarms for example, although the notification settings aren't easy to figure out sometimes), but not optimally. Battery life overall is good, but it seems to differ day by day. Sometimes I'm at 20% after just eight hours, sometimes I'm at 40% after 30 hours without difference in daily use. The indicator however isn't really reliable, as I intensively used my phone during a full hour with battery life sticking to 4% after dropping 10% earlier that day in one hour of not using my phone.

The only things which are really anoying for me is the performance of Edge on sites with lots of banners (like windowscentral.com... this site is truly a pain in the *ss to visit on build 10512) and the lack of synchronization of passwords, favourites etc. Relying on that last function a lot, which worked perfectly on 8.1.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
For me build 10512 is good enough to be on my Lumia 735 as my daily driver. After a week of using it, I'm not going back to 8.1 anymore. There are still some anoying bugs, but okay, as far as pre-RTM builds go it is quite good. Everything works (alarms for example, although the notification settings aren't easy to figure out sometimes), but not optimally. Battery life overall is good, but it seems to differ day by day. Sometimes I'm at 20% after just eight hours, sometimes I'm at 40% after 30 hours without difference in daily use. The indicator however isn't really reliable, as I intensively used my phone during a full hour with battery life sticking to 4% after dropping 10% earlier that day in one hour of not using my phone.

The only things which are really anoying for me is the performance of Edge on sites with lots of banners (like windowscentral.com... this site is truly a pain in the *ss to visit on build 10512) and the lack of synchronization of passwords, favourites etc. Relying on that last function a lot, which worked perfectly on 8.1.

Just wondering, you're 735 is Verizon? If so do you have or are you using Verizon's back up assistant on your phone yet, and have you used find my phone yet these are two issues I'm having with a replacement phone Lumia 928 I got last week.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Am using build 10166.I think other than start screen and all apps list,almost all supports landscape view in this build.In landscape mode by long pressing the back button , apps in the background are shown in landscape mode and can kill apps by swiping downwards.These is so good.If microsoft brings landscape view for start screen also..it would be amazing.Face detection is also working fine for front camera but the camera app is not good.

wp_ss_20150820_0002.png

wp_ss_20150821_0002.jpg

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You have to upgrade to 10166 then go to 10512. That is a requirement for this build. Also, you will only get 10512 if you are on the Fast Track upgrade. Good Luck.

Dennis Roberts

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a nokia 1520 and have installed the Build 10512 on it. I had initially upgraded from 8.1, but the phone used to stall while loading the start screen and was kind of slow. So I performed a Hard Reset, and magically it was so much faster. Then I started the installation of all my apps. Everything worked great except for a few things which I have noticed so far.

1) From the Photo Gallery I cannot share a video to WhatsApp (I can however share pictures)
2) This is my biggest gripe so far with this build Grove will not sync my playlist with my PC. I have 7 playlists on grove, and only 3 have synced to my phone and that too not completely about only 25% of the songs are listed.

I really need some help trying to resolve the playlist issue for grove, since I cannot really logout of the account and when I do succeed to logout, when I log back in nothing really happens.

I wish I could uninstall grove and reinstall it, and restart the sync process. Does anyone have an idea on how to restart the sync?

Thanks

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
When I hard reset glance screen was there but I don't think I can find the glance settings
True. In 8.1 glance screen background was one of the features I loved most about on my 1520. So I always could keep track of the weather forecast without opening the the app on the phone.
This build is complete rubbish (not only cos of the missing glance settings).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs