Build 10512 Thread

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Am I gonna lose the glance screen settings when I hard reset or I can still download it?
It's still in the system, just hidden away for some reason. Download SysAppPusher and search for glance in that. That will take you to the store page of the glance app, which should say, you already have it installed (at first it might say that glance is not supported anymore, but give it a bit time, it shoud detect that you have it). From there you can open it. When opening for the first time, it will prompt a restart. After that do the whole sysapppusher thing again and set up all your settings for the glance, be sure to do it right the first time, if you don't want to go through the store agian

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I would try using the Nokia or Microsoft repair*? tool to do the install after a hard reset. I also did not load back up from any cloud backups, and started fresh. Solved several of those exact problems I had on my 1020.

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering, you're 735 is Verizon? If so do you have or are you using Verizon's back up assistant on your phone yet, and have you used find my phone yet these are two issues I'm having with a replacement phone Lumia 928 I got last week.
Hi,
No, I'm Dutch and my phone is CV, country variant. I use the standard back-up Windows offers (limited capabilities).

vishv

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
After continuously trying for 3 days, and downloading over 5 Gb data, I've still not able to update my 10166 to 10512(using lumia 730).
Update fully downloads, preparing to install complete then I get the error 80070003. Some update files are missing or have problems. Any inputs ?? Tried every thing from resetting the phone, switching networks, wp_ss_20150822_0002.png

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Build 10512 on my Nokia Lumia 822. This is my very first build and it's sort of a love and hate thing.

As a daily driver, with one word, the best I can say about it, is that it's "usable".
It is not without hiccups though.

The first and most obvious thing is when you turn on the screen, the time takes about 3 seconds to load. Thankfully you can unlock the lock screen even if the time did not load.
Secondly, the action center is sluggish, occasionally it works, and other times it's delayed or just does not appear at all.
A couple of crashes are expected. But enough about the bugs. How about Windows 10 Mobile itself?

I'm just really wondering why they're trying to redesign something that is not broke.

Pros
- Tile Transparency option, giving consumers options for design is always a good thing.
- Categorized settings
- Recently Added is great on the App list
- Texting from the action center.
- Office apps are moving in the right direction
- EDGE!! It loads sites that the old IE11 never did.
- Groove is headed in the right direction
- Calculator is now a Scientific Calculator and a Converter as well.
- Outlook Mail (but it has no black theme)

Cons

- A lot of the basic apps have splash screens on initial boot up. Even Calculator and Alarms and Clock
- People Live Tile is now circles instead of squares, MS should give us the option to choose.
- The photos app, I'm not so sure about this.
- Outlook Calendar does not have a month view and it has no black theme.
- Options upon options, it even gives you options to choose if Alarms and Clock can run in the background (Is this even necessary?)
- No default homepage option in Edge
- Cortana uses a white background and no option to change it.
- No way to rearrange the settings in the action center.
- the freaking STORE!!! what did they do to it. It's slow and just seems to be a mess.

hf199

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
So we will begin week 2 since 10512 was released and the launch is expected sometime in late September or October when they announce the new product lines on October 9. So how many builds will be released in a month and half? Either they are having issues still with OS or they want to spend more time on them and release more reliable builds. I have this feeling that issues are arising with the OS. But I could be wrong.

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Okay so on my Lumia 640 I just noticed that LED notification settings aren't present. On the last build I had on my 635, they were there, despite the phone having no flash. Why are they not present on a phone with flash

hj2132

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated my LUMIA 640 XL in a hope i will receive build 10512 but i received build 10166 i hav insider app installed and enrolled once again but when i tried to update it showed downloading updates after 30 mins or so it showed me preparing to install update but it crashes and shows 0x80070003 error message
Can any one help me with it

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I recently updated my LUMIA 640 XL in a hope i will receive build 10512 but i received build 10166 i hav insider app installed and enrolled once again but when i tried to update it showed downloading updates after 30 mins or so it showed me preparing to install update but it crashes and shows 0x80070003 error message
Can any one help me with it

What does the error say exactly?

My 640XL would download the latest WP10 build, get all the way to the end of installing and then errors because it says some update files are missing.

Sadly I went back to WP8.1

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
After continuously trying for 3 days, and downloading over 5 Gb data, I've still not able to update my 10166 to 10512(using lumia 730).
Update fully downloads, preparing to install complete then I get the error 80070003. Some update files are missing or have problems. Any inputs ?? Tried every thing from resetting the phone, switching networks, View attachment 110848

Exactly the same for me on my 640XL.

I gave up and went back to WP8.1. I could not find a solution.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
OK, it's almost been two weeks, and we were promised more rapid iterations - right? Howsabout a new build this Tuesday? :sweaty:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Update fully downloads, preparing to install complete then I get the error 80070003. Some update files are missing or have problems. Any inputs ?? Tried every thing from resetting the phone, switching networks, View attachment 110848

Did you try resetting your phone and trying again?

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Photos selection and location service

I don't know if anybody mentioned it earlier,
1.I can't select photos from some third party apps(like fantasia painter, fotor etc). While taping on the picture, the selector screen crashes and goes back to the app
2. Some third party apps can't access the location service( in my case- car dash, locktemp etc). It says to check my gps settings

vishv

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Finally this solution worked for me(L730):

Downloaded latest windows 8.1 available through windows recovery software.
Enrolled windows insider fast ring.
Update to 10166 again.
Finally I was able to completely download and install build 10512, last night.
P.S : There is no point downloading 10512 over and over again once it shows error, possibly because system update files are corrupted by then. So follow this process.
Also 10512 is faster & more stable than 10166...

Elton Mbofana

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
i had build 10166 waiting on the wings on my phone but decided not to press the download button. one day it just started to download, automatically or did i inadvertently had pressed the download button, i dont know ! however it got stuck with the gears spinning. i tried everything with no success (soft and hard resets). then lately tried window recovery tool, but got stuck at 558mb with error messages such as timed out, not connecting to server!! am now going to a week with my phone not usable, its a lumia 925. anyone with a solution

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
i had build 10166 waiting on the wings on my phone but decided not to press the download button. one day it just started to download, automatically or did i inadvertently had pressed the download button, i dont know ! however it got stuck with the gears spinning. i tried everything with no success (soft and hard resets). then lately tried window recovery tool, but got stuck at 558mb with error messages such as timed out, not connecting to server!! am now going to a week with my phone not usable, its a lumia 925. anyone with a solution

Follow this thread to flash WP8.1 to your phone.

Tutorial - Flash an Lumia device | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs