Build 10512 Thread

vishv

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Errors like timed out and corrupt files generally occur due to unstable network or multiple attempts of file overwrites.
Therefore, I'll suggest you to try Lumia recovery Software, as it has better download manager than windows recovery tool and good support for Nokia phones.
Once the download is complete, connect your phone to pc.
If it's in dead state or not switching on, just select "My phone does not start option". Follow on screen steps, and if all goes well, your phone will come back to life in no time.
Reply with the problem, if any...

edstrinova

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Hallo to all. I restored my Build 10522 today and now i have a broken live tile in my contacs app. The problem is, that the pics are missing in the moving bubbles. Is there a way to get it back?

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
For anyone, who needs camera pictures uploaded to the cloud, I suggest try Dropbox. After the update to 10512 Onedrive doesn't want to sync pictures anymore. You can still kinda do it manually, but that's cumbersome in Onedrive (you have to select the pictures in question, then select to share them, pic a folder and hope it works). I decided to try Dropbox. I'm not sure if the photos sync automaticly, but even doing it manually is a lot simpler - just open the app and tap on photos section and it starts syncing. That's it. So if anyone's having problems with that, hope this helps :)

EDIT: They do sync automaticly :)

Last edited:

nedran92

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
well i have a lumia 1020, i?ve roll back to 8.1 then up graded on 166 then 10512, of curse lumia camera is missing, but if you do hard reset(i won?t recommend that) youll get it.
By now my phone is working great , there?s a bug in whatsapp you can?t use the camera for taking pictures on the chat, also at the music groove app , there?s no way you can download music, even that i got a monthly pass paided for that; i had to go to the website and make the downloads , that will sicronize with the phone .. all my pcitures are uploading to OneDrive at the moment i take each one.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
well i have a lumia 1020, i?ve roll back to 8.1 then up graded on 166 then 10512, of curse lumia camera is missing, but if you do hard reset(i won?t recommend that) youll get it.
By now my phone is working great , there?s a bug in whatsapp you can?t use the camera for taking pictures on the chat, also at the music groove app , there?s no way you can download music, even that i got a monthly pass paided for that; i had to go to the website and make the downloads , that will sicronize with the phone .. all my pcitures are uploading to OneDrive at the moment i take each one.

You're saying you do a hard reset and Lumia camera is back? On Lumia 1020?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
For anyone, who needs camera pictures uploaded to the cloud, I suggest try Dropbox. After the update to 10512 Onedrive doesn't want to sync pictures anymore. You can still kinda do it manually, but that's cumbersome in Onedrive (you have to select the pictures in question, then select to share them, pic a folder and hope it works). I decided to try Dropbox. I'm not sure if the photos sync autmaticly, but even doing it manually is a lot simpler - just open the app and tap on photos section and it starts syncing. That's it. So if anyone's having problems with that, hope this helps :)

Why don't you copy them to the laptop and upload from there? Or sync if you like that better. I've always copied my photos and uploadd them via the browser. Onedrive Sync on Lumia has never been attractive for me, takes too long and you have to retry a few times for all photos to go.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
There were updates to Windows camera and photos today.

Photos app can now detect other editing apps and gives you the option to edit photos using these apps. Select icon is at the bottom which is easier but check boxes are smaller.

I don't know what changed in the Windows camera app, still looks the same. No 5+38MP images, no smart sequence feature)

Glitch - photos tile on my screen went missing, can't pin it. Any ideas?

Are there updates for onedrive every day? Or is that a bug? Keep seeing onedrive updates

Chintan

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you copy them to the laptop and upload from there? Or sync if you like that better. I've always copied my photos and uploadd them via the browser. Onedrive Sync on Lumia has never been attractive for me, takes too long and you have to retry a few times for all photos to go.

That defeats the whole purpose (atleast for me). In WP8.1 it synced instantly, didn't have to retry or anything. I took a picture and right away it's there in the folder or your PC, no need to mess with any wires, waiting for the phone to be recognised (usually takes 20-30 seconds), then finding the camera roll folder. The syncing is just a more convinient way of getting your pictures to your computer (again, atleast for me it is)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
That defeats the whole purpose (atleast for me). In WP8.1 it synced instantly, didn't have to retry or anything. I took a picture and right away it's there in the folder or your PC, no need to mess with any wires, waiting for the phone to be recognised (usually takes 20-30 seconds), then finding the camera roll folder. The syncing is just a more convinient way of getting your pictures to your computer (again, atleast for me it is)

I guess everyone has their own ways of doing things. I tried uploading once over wifi, it took 4 hours to upload 80 photos, after retrying 4-5 times. Uploading the same photos using the same wifi but with my laptop took less than 2 hours with no errors.

You can imagine the battery drain that would happen on the phone for uploading for those number of hours.

Each to his/her own