Build 10512 Thread

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess everyone has their own ways of doing things. I tried uploading once over wifi, it took 4 hours to upload 80 photos, after retrying 4-5 times. Uploading the same photos using the same wifi but with my laptop took less than 2 hours with no errors.

You can imagine the battery drain that would happen on the phone for uploading for those number of hours.

Each to his/her own

When I installed dropbox, I had about 100 photos on my phone. It started syncing them, all 100 took maybe 5 minutes. Probably depends on your network speed as well

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just tested on speedtest, getting 10Mbps down / 8Mbps up on the phone (through WiFi)

You're lucky your provider has that combination. The provider I'm using has 10megabits/s down and 1megabits/s upload. The only other place with faster connection speed is my former university but that is cable in one computer lab only, about 64 Megabits/s, bth down and up

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
i had build 10166 waiting on the wings on my phone but decided not to press the download button. one day it just started to download, automatically or did i inadvertently had pressed the download button, i dont know ! however it got stuck with the gears spinning. i tried everything with no success (soft and hard resets). then lately tried window recovery tool, but got stuck at 558mb with error messages such as timed out, not connecting to server!! am now going to a week with my phone not usable, its a lumia 925. anyone with a solution

If you are not good with flashing your lumia then its better to take it to nokia care.I had the same problem.Tried both WPRT and Lumia Recovery Tool..didnt worked out well.So I took it to Nokia Care and they put it back with windows 8.1.Now I have put windows 10 and is working fine.One of the major problems that results in spinning gears and sad face is lack of battery charge.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Guys,any idea of when we can expect the next build? I think they are going to suspend insider program before OCT to release the mobile OS.So should we expect more stable builds frequently?

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Guys,any idea of when we can expect the next build? I think they are going to suspend insider program before OCT to release the mobile OS.So should we expect more stable builds frequently?

Microsoft said the following:

Insider Preview expires on October 1, 2015

If you?re running Insider Preview, we?ll send you notifications beginning on September 15, 2015 to remind you that it?s time to upgrade your phone to a newer version

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft said the following:

Insider Preview expires on October 1, 2015

If you’re running Insider Preview, we’ll send you notifications beginning on September 15, 2015 to remind you that it’s time to upgrade your phone to a newer version

Insider preview expires means????
Before the launch of desktop OS they suspended the insider program and have restarted again.So I think it will be something similar.They will be launching the mobile OS on OCT first week

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Insider preview expires means????
Before the launch of desktop OS they suspended the insider program and have restarted again.So I think it will be something similar.They will be launching the mobile OS on OCT first week

Means the same as the pc insider versions they will just suspend it

wmgeek

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft should bring back "Install local apps" installation feature in Windows 10 Mobile. Also I'm missing Bing Vision, Lumia Panorama Apps. The New Windows Camera is a total Junk. Microsoft constantly removing Lumia Apps(like Bing Vision, Lumia Panorama)

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft should bring back "Install local apps" installation feature in Windows 10 Mobile.
Totally agree with you. The new store is missing the 'install manually' option. MS should first bring that back. I am really disappointed with things going backwards with windows 10 mobile:(

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft should bring back "Install local apps" installation feature in Windows 10 Mobile. Also I'm missing Bing Vision, Lumia Panorama Apps. The New Windows Camera is a total Junk. Microsoft constantly removing Lumia Apps(like Bing Vision, Lumia Panorama)

yes, I miss the Lumia Panorama app.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

Microsoft has started from scratch for almost everything.Even the new store is a combined one and new.So they will put "install local apps" but will take time.Hope that it will be there in future builds or in the RTM version.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
lets hope that 10532 gets released to fast ring soon....and that the blinking quiet hours is finally fixed for good this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)