Build 10512 Thread

Muhd Zhafir Mohamad

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
With 10512 installed in L540 DS, I had a problem to play game. When I start Asphalt 8, it stucked on downloading. So did Modern Combat 5. while extracting, it shows "New Update" but there's no update in the store. All installed on SD card. Is that problem with Insider 10512 or SD Card (Class 4)?

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Couple things with Cortana's search I'm not sure about.

It seems you can no longer search your phone using the Cortana search function (you used to be able to just swipe left in a search result to get to phone search).

Also, you can't save or share images without opening them in the web page first. You used to be able to save or share directly from the preview.

It seems Cortana's search is just a Bing web wrapper. Or am I doing it wrong?

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
With 10512 installed in L540 DS, I had a problem to play game. When I start Asphalt 8, it stucked on downloading. So did Modern Combat 5. while extracting, it shows "New Update" but there's no update in the store. All installed on SD card. Is that problem with Insider 10512 or SD Card (Class 4)?

I thought we cards need to be 6 and above, windows needs faster speeds for its hybrid solution, when I looked into this though it was win 7 phone days, I use class 10 for 4k purposes

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the latest preview on my 730, Ive a issue, the navigation bar keeps vibrating. The Display+Touch app is no longer available for W10M. Neither Extras. Please help me. I also went back to 8.1 via Recovery tool and again updated to WM10 still the problem is there. The vibration thing in Nav bar is driving me crazy.

Dirk Bromberg

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey. Just seen that picture upload to onedrive is working. But not instant. So with some delay of a few hours my pictures are uploaded to my onedrive. But I don't know what is the rule? Any idea? I'm in good wifi all the the time but when I take a picture the the phone no upload happens. Next day the picture is online...

vishv

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the latest preview on my 730, Ive a issue, the navigation bar keeps vibrating. The Display+Touch app is no longer available for W10M. Neither Extras. Please help me. I also went back to 8.1 via Recovery tool and again updated to WM10 still the problem is there. The vibration thing in Nav bar is driving me crazy.

Jignesh, the problem you are reffering to is not a problem.
It's been there since windows 8.1.
It can be turned off in the touch option, available in extras menu.
If touch option is not displayed, make sure you have updated touch from store.

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Jignesh, the problem you are reffering to is not a problem.
It's been there since windows 8.1.
It can be turned off in the touch option, available in extras menu.
If touch option is not displayed, make sure you have updated touch from store.
How do I update from store . Pls link me to the app coz I can't locate it from store. And extras menu is not available as well.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
How do I update from store . Pls link me to the app coz I can't locate it from store. And extras menu is not available as well.

I am also using 10512 in my Lumia 730.No such problems. The only one I am facing right now is blinking quiet hours icon. Other than it am good. Its pretty fast and good.
I think you didn't performed a hard reset. Go for a hard reset. Sign in into your Microsoft account. Also install the insider app again. Then go and check updates in your store.I had more than 40 updates .But 4 updates failed(audio, touch, Nokia account,Lumia Selfie).And one of the interesting thing is that they have rebranded Lumia Selfie as Beauty Lens.
wp_ss_20150830_0001.jpg wp_ss_20150830_0002.png wp_ss_20150830_0003.png wp_ss_20150830_0004.png

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I am also using 10512 in my Lumia 730.No such problems. The only one I am facing right now is blinking quiet hours icon. Other than it am good. Its pretty fast and good.
I think you didn't performed a hard reset. Go for a hard reset. Sign in into your Microsoft account. Also install the insider app again. Then go and check updates in your store.I had more than 40 updates .But 4 updates failed(audio, touch, Nokia account,Lumia Selfie).And one of the interesting thing is that they have rebranded Lumia Selfie as Beauty Lens.
View attachment 111319 View attachment 111320 View attachment 111321 View attachment 111322

I'll try hard reset again. But can u send me the screenshot of ur settings menu? Do u have extras? Display.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
"Something went wrong" that's very professional. I used to use it as a joke error message, but Microsoft spoiled it now :D Anyway something did go wrong. From a certain moment my L1520 started acting up. When it hits the power saving mode, touch screen locks up, does not react to anything, and the phone overheats. I need to charge it before it comes back to life, but the opening apps from the Start screen is still random for a while. Only after it is fully charged is the phone back to normal. Very annoying, it used to work at the beginning. Not sure how it can degenerate like that. If the RTM will be the same then God help us.

Sabin V Abraham

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I am facing some issues in this build (lumia 720)
1. Apps takes so long to load. Specially social apps such as Skype and Whatsapp
2. Some times when camera is launched, no options will be visible (like icons to click, video, settings, flash etc). After closing and opening it several times, it may work. Some times we need to restart
3. During skype calls, the camera will not work properly. we will not be visible at the other end, instead full green will be shown (not the theme color)
4. Most often, the apps will get closed automatically while working on it
5. Most frustrating, some times, live tiles and apps will not open at all. restarting will solve the problem temporarily

Waiting for the next build..

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Had a question. How do you switch off the dial tones for the keypad when using the call app? When I type in the phone number, each number emits its own ring, like in a landline. I want to switch that off.

Thank you

Chintan

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I am facing some issues in this build (lumia 720)
1. Apps takes so long to load. Specially social apps such as Skype and Whatsapp
2. Some times when camera is launched, no options will be visible (like icons to click, video, settings, flash etc). After closing and opening it several times, it may work. Some times we need to restart
3. During skype calls, the camera will not work properly. we will not be visible at the other end, instead full green will be shown (not the theme color)
4. Most often, the apps will get closed automatically while working on it
5. Most frustrating, some times, live tiles and apps will not open at all. restarting will solve the problem temporarily

Waiting for the next build..

Did u performed a hardreset? Am using it in my Lumia 730.It's working good.The only problems I found that
1) Blinking quiet hours
2) It has a lag to display the time in the lock screen
3) In my dual sim,the second sim messaging tile is taking me to the first sim messaging.

other than that its pretty good,nyc. :)

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Did u performed a hardreset? Am using it in my Lumia 730.It's working good.The only problems I found that
1) Blinking quiet hours
2) It has a lag to display the time in the lock screen
3) In my dual sim,the second sim messaging tile is taking me to the first sim messaging.

other than that its pretty good,nyc. :)
After hard reset my phone is working fine.facing the same problems as u said. Unlink the messaging tiles that shud solve the issue. Also I am from India and cortana is not working even after selecting United kingdom as speech lang

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
After hard reset my phone is working fine.facing the same problems as u said. Unlink the messaging tiles that shud solve the issue. Also I am from India and cortana is not working even after selecting United kingdom as speech lang
I tried it.But still its not working.I have raised the problem via feedback app.Am also from india.But I havent tried cortana.I'll try and let you know.Have anybody tried the speech to text?
And also why lumia selfie was rebranded as "beauty lens" ?

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having live tiles problem? They come up okay after reboot but stop working completely after a while (1/2 day?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster