Build 10512 Thread

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I am facing some issues in this build (lumia 720)
1. Apps takes so long to load. Specially social apps such as Skype and Whatsapp
2. Some times when camera is launched, no options will be visible (like icons to click, video, settings, flash etc). After closing and opening it several times, it may work. Some times we need to restart
3. During skype calls, the camera will not work properly. we will not be visible at the other end, instead full green will be shown (not the theme color)
4. Most often, the apps will get closed automatically while working on it
5. Most frustrating, some times, live tiles and apps will not open at all. restarting will solve the problem temporarily

Waiting for the next build..

Having near identical issues on my 1020. Very very slow app start up, if they open at all. Sometimes they just crash, also finding that tapping on a tile doesn't always work or there is a massive delay before it does.

Today it took me about 5 resets before I could get the camera to take a picture! Green screen, camera shutter stuck open, crashing camera app, or no icons in app, no way to actually capture an images as shutter button is unresponsive!

I need a new build asap. Tempted to hard reset ( did this on previous build) but trying to avoid it as its so much hassle!

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried it.But still its not working.I have raised the problem via feedback app.Am also from india.But I havent tried cortana.I'll try and let you know.Have anybody tried the speech to text?
And also why lumia selfie was rebranded as "beauty lens" ?

Ok I see the 2nd sim msgs are not opening at all. Looks like a bug. And did u try Cortana if its works? I have both lumia selfie and beauty lens .. I like lumia selfie.. Donno why they rebranded it.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1520

Each build seems to start stable and relatively smooth and then become more and more unstable over time until the next build is released. Interesting.

Mohamed Ahmed Nader

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Every single reply from the 500+ replies u guys made with error statements I had already came across with all previous versions on my 1520..... Apparently nothing is getting better. Add to that the unique bug for the 1520 of screen freezing when someone calls u and u answer them, u have to hang up and call them back even that doesn't work all the time. Hopefully they don't do the same mistake as with windows 10 PC and release an unfinished product!

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok I see the 2nd sim msgs are not opening at all. Looks like a bug. And did u try Cortana if its works? I have both lumia selfie and beauty lens .. I like lumia selfie.. Donno why they rebranded it.

Jignesh..both beauty lens and lumia selfie are the same app.Open both apps and check the about section.Its Lumia Selfie ver 3.6.3.2.Don't know why the heck we are having the same app two times with different names?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My first attempt at a W10 preview.

Gleaned the strategy to use from this thread. (Lumia 1520 - Hard reset on 8.1 Upgrade to 10166 Hard reset Upgrade to 10512 Hard reset)
Have had this 1520 since it was released. (near 2 years?)
Been unbelievably steady and solid. Never locks up. Never needed a single reset.
Was ready for a bunch of pain and suffering with the preview. But it has been sweet so far. About 24 hours.

I use mostly native functions only. Very little 3rd party apps. (Netflix, FB, Windows Central)
I'm very pleased. I'm more impressed with W10 on the phone than I am on my Surface.
Got a few bugs. No deal breakers yet. Very optimistic about the eventual finished product.

cannon#WP

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
This build was so frustrating for me that I finally broke down and went back to 8.1. I had constant freezing, app crashes (that never crashed in 8.1 like contacts+message backup and the camera), problems with waking from sleep, screen unresponsiveness, GPS inconsistencies and the infamous start screen bug that's been present since 10080. It's really sad that 10166 was actually a better build even though they claimed they made hundreds of fixes. It got to the point to where I was averaging submitting 300 diagnostic reports a day (yesterday I was up to 566).

If you can't get good performance without the perfect conditions of a hard reset and starting clean (which is how I used it, straight upgrade with no hard reset) then this thing is nowhere near ready for October or November release.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia apps (Lumia Panorama, Cinemagraph, etc) aren't working. I can't install them.

Hi, you'll have to start over.

Restore your phone to W8.1 using the lumia/nokia recovery tool.

Install all the apps you used to use when you are on 8.1. Make sure all your apps are installed. Use the backup to make it easier

Start the upgrade process. At each step after upgrading, make sure the apps are still there and then proceed with the next upgrade step.

This way the Lumia imaging apps will still be there. The only app that will disappear is Lumia camera

Hope this helps

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I did this: 8.1 GDR2 -> 10166 -> 10512. But I did a hard reset on 10512.

By doing a hard reset, you can't get the apps because then you've reset the phone. When you go to store, it will tell you those apps can't be installed. If you hadn't hard reset, you would still have them.

Sorry about the long route but this is what we have to do

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's about 2 weeks now since I've put this build on my 830. Up until a few days ago it was working fine except, of course, for the known issues etc.

Now, and for reasons I can only guess at, it's become quite unstable. Apps constantly crashing, freezes, extreme lag, reboots, and so on. Hoping for a new build soon. I'd rather not do a hard reset knowing a new build is, at least, close.

The joys of pre-release software. ;)

Jason Certeza

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Build 1051x incoming "next week" = ?

My LED flash/light suddenly won't work after a few weeks if using this build on my Lumia 930. It is not a hardware issue. I also have to keep re-updating apps I've just updated. Lastly, my photos won't update to Onedrive. Would like to know if there is a fix or if someone else has the same issues.

I also experience the occasional screen lock up, app freezes, and other common issues, but I don't mind them since everyone has them.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786