Build 10512 Thread

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Apparently, the tendency towards instability is massive. I've soft-resetted my 1020 more times these last five days than during the whole time since I've installed the 10512 Build.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, it's about 2 weeks now since I've put this build on my 830. Up until a few days ago it was working fine except, of course, for the known issues etc.

Now, and for reasons I can only guess at, it's become quite unstable. Apps constantly crashing, freezes, extreme lag, reboots, and so on. Hoping for a new build soon. I'd rather not do a hard reset knowing a new build is, at least, close.

The joys of pre-release software. ;)
MS is pushing out updated versions of apps, camera was one of them. You should try a soft reset and see if it is more stable. Especially when MS updates many apps at once.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
MS is pushing out updated versions of apps, camera was one of them. You should try a soft reset and see if it is more stable. Especially when MS updates many apps at once.

Yep...I've done more soft resets the last few days than I'd like to admit. Still unstable. This build just seems to be degrading...reminds me of Windows OS versions of old. :)

Stun3i

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Somehow build 10512 is more reliable than build 10166 on my 520. Just the battery drains faster. Been on 10512 for 2 weeks, no reset yet.

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
xnoYhYT.png

Someone please help me. The Tiles in People App have stopped working. Ive unpinned and pinned the tile again but no help.Also Cortana is not working in this build. Language, Region & Speech lang have been correctly.

Please advise ur settings in Language for Cortana to run.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 10512. After the last store update, new apps don't download with the error 0x80242021.. help would be appreciated :)

(Yes, I reset my phone after updating to 10512 and didn't recover from a backup)

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Jignesh, Cortana has been disabled for current build, so no matter wht the settings are, it will not work, as I have tested for a couple of different settings.
And for people app, make sure you have completely synced the contacts and data. Also, I have seen a couple of times, that if you aren't connected to any network, your tile doesn't work and no image is displayed. Therefore, check if tile is working when net is switched on...

Earlier it was working for me not sure why this has been disabled. People app was also completely working fire all contacts are synced properly & I am 24/7 connected to wifi, still the problem exists.

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 10512. After the last store update, new apps don't download with the error 0x80242021.. help would be appreciated :)

(Yes, I reset my phone after updating to 10512 and didn't recover from a backup)

Change the storage settings Download news apps and Store news apps to Phone and then update & move it to SD card once those are updated. Apps like Lumia Selfie, Nokia Account, Audio & touch wont get updated for anyone.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Is it the card or this build doesn't read SD cards often? I formatted the card and the phone read it till i plugged in to the PC...?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Jignesh, Cortana has been disabled for current build, so no matter wht the settings are, it will not work, as I have tested for a couple of different settings.
And for people app, make sure you have completely synced the contacts and data. Also, I have seen a couple of times, that if you aren't connected to any network, your tile doesn't work and no image is displayed. Therefore, check if tile is working when net is switched on...

Please explain what do you mean by "disabled", I have italian cortana and she can do everything she could on 8.1 (actually she knows a lot more songs and jokes :) )

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Guys..Cortana is working fine.I changed my region and language to United States.It took some time to show up.But its working fine.And when I was using 8.1 I could open a maximum of 8 apps in the background.Now I can open 12 apps in the background.
Have you noticed that as camera was updated recently,the lenses selection page is transparent.
Also Gabe has pointed out that its better to do a hard reset in 8.1 and then upgrade it.
Also for me mobile hotspot is working fine.No problem.Am using 10512 as my daily driver since it was released.No major problems so far. :smile:
1.png 2.png

1oldtimer

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Cortana is working for me with one exception. "Hey Cortana" does not work. Can anyone give some insight on what might be going on? I have gone over ALL my settings and unless I am missing something, I just cant seem to figure it out.
Thank you in advance for any and all help ;)

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
No idea.Mine is a 730 and hey cortana doesn't work in it.I dont knw why the higher end snapdragons only supports "hey cortana".because its working fine in laptop.So can't it work on all mobiles?atlest till snapdragon 400s..

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is working for me with one exception. "Hey Cortana" does not work. Can anyone give some insight on what might be going on? I have gone over ALL my settings and unless I am missing something, I just cant seem to figure it out.
Thank you in advance for any and all help ;)
Hy Cortana on works on the 1520 and 930, those with newer high end chip set

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So it's been 3 weeks since I put 10512: My thoughts so far:

Build is clean, haven't seen the loading screen or frequent app crashes some have mentioned. Don't have cortana so nothing in that area. Start screen loads fast, scrolls fast. Phone takes about 35s to startup from complete shutdown to start screen, slightly longer than before WP10

Quiet hours blinking is there but it hasn't affected performance in the slightest. I don't even notice it anymore. Maybe it's the phones heartbeat :)

Plus points:

Mobile data, flashlight, and other settings are within easy reach in action center. Great design and much better than 8.1 or Android.

I use mail app a lot more than I used to. Nice clean interface, messages download well even with Edge network which I prefer

Wordflow got better with the inclusion of the pointer though I have to swipe a bit more accurately.

Office apps are much better, better font sizing when zoomed, cleaner, more options though I haven't used them as much

Lock screen photo doesn't move when entering password which is nice

Video app is 3 times better, can play in both orientations and is clean

Photos app is smoother since the last update though struggles to open my high res photos (11-15MB in size, 38MP)

Start screen is great, tighter spaces, fluid

Downsides:

Camera app isn't as good as the Lumia camera. A lot of people have said this and I believe MS knows

Can't use project my screen app

When opening camera app when locked, the app opens in portrait orientation. There are black bars on either side and it doesn't change when you rotate your phone to landscape

Onedrive has updates all the time. If I update now and then check fr updates, it will be there again. Irritating

I have an app called Battery. It won't open when data connection is on. Just keeps loading

If I close word app after copying some text, the copied text isn't kept. It disappears

Ring volume is lower than it used to be

Proshot sometimes struggles to save photos hence battery drains faster. Also can't save location data

Health and fitness app won't uninstall

Exiting most apps doesn't close them. You have to go to task view to close them

WM10 uses more space, about 4GB in my case

Storage sense takes 1-2 minutes to gauge space remaining per section.

Issues not seen:

Excessive battery drain: My battery life is about 1 day
Start screen loads okay, no delay.
Here maps works okay
Apps sometimes do get stuck on loading like 6Tag or Battery but I close them and try again. That usually clears it

These are all really irritations. I use my phone daily with almost the same usage as before. My biggest issue so far is the camera. I have a Lumia 1020 and it hurts using the other apps. I can live with the other issues but camera needs work

Chintan

zefsgr

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Couple of things I've noticed in this build:

1) When adding apps in folders (or just working with them) sometimes the 3 first tiles go to the bottom of the screen (happened twice)
2) Battery saver gets disabled when charging and not re-enabled after you remove the charger

Has anyone else noticed these?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Couple of things I've noticed in this build:

1) When adding apps in folders (or just working with them) sometimes the 3 first tiles go to the bottom of the screen (happened twice)
2) Battery saver gets disabled when charging and not re-enabled after you remove the charger

Has anyone else noticed these?

Second issue, to always enable battery saver, keep the threshold at 100%. So when you stop charging, it immediately goes to battery saver. I had the same question before :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb