Build 10512 Thread

ame phirinyane

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
all im saying is,10149 should have been the first preview,and now that we at this latest release let them not fix this and affect that,if that then its difficult for us toknow whats working and whats broken.lets move forward not in circles.

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Guys..Cortana is working fine.I changed my region and language to United States.It took some time to show up.But its working fine.And when I was using 8.1 I could open a maximum of 8 apps in the background.Now I can open 12 apps in the background.
Have you noticed that as camera was updated recently,the lenses selection page is transparent.
Also Gabe has pointed out that its better to do a hard reset in 8.1 and then upgrade it.
Also for me mobile hotspot is working fine.No problem.Am using 10512 as my daily driver since it was released.No major problems so far. :smile:
View attachment 111858 View attachment 111859

Still not working for me

shoaib muhammad

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
PLease Help..
I Have Lumia 720
i Have Been Updated To 10166
But After Update and Hard Reset.
I am Trying To Install Insider App Again But My Store Suddenly Goes Off...
I cant Update To 10512 ...
Please Any One Help..

Sorry For Bad English

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Exiting most apps doesn't close them. You have to go to task view to close them

Why do you want to close them?
There is a max amount of (around 10) recent used apps that are quickly available, but every app is switch of by the OS, and don't use any resources, as far as I know. It's not android. Also with IOS they are not using resources if I'm correct, but the IOS recent used list, keeps growing.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Why do you want to close them?
There is a max amount of (around 10) recent used apps that are quickly available, but every app is switch of by the OS, and don't use any resources, as far as I know. It's not android. Also with IOS they are not using resources if I'm correct, but the IOS recent used list, keeps growing.

So it's just a list of recently used apps? I though that they would be consuming resources in the background

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
So it's just a list of recently used apps? I though that they would be consuming resources in the background

To my believe, yes.
If you take IE on W8.1 or Edge on W10, start opening a large website, and when the browser starts loading, close the app. if you later go to the recent list, and open the web browser, you can see, the site you tried to open is not fully loaded yet, which can only mean that the OS stopped the app from running in the background.

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Agree on the phone book. it's as if it were designed by a 19 year old whiz kid who never really makes phone calls. Is it too much to ask for a LIST of names WITH numbers visible, like, you know, a phone book.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
What i find really weird is the that i had the latest build on my L930 from day 1, worked kinda well (didn't complain), but now just suddenly i have to turn off the device once or twice a day. Before that happens i feel the back, windows and search keys don't vibrate anymore, then everything starts loading, can't use the phone, can't go to start etc... Even hard to shut it down actually... So i'm just waiting for next build to bring some performance in the OS :) Hopefully very soon :D

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Cannot update to 10512 from 10166 on Nokia 1032.
"Some update files missing". Over and over. Tried hard reset.
Does ANYONE know what those missing files would be and why they would suddenly go missing and what to do to get them back?

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
....aaaaand suddenly App Store crashes every time I try to launch it. "Resuming" can be seen very briefly before going back to start screen. Was working fine the other day....

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
i just hope microsoft did a good job with the next build , being a Lumia 1020 user i hate to see the "loading..." and "Resuming..." screen most of the times inspite of the phone having 2 gigs of ram and decent hardware.

secondly the stock camera.. well lets face it .. is no where close to the Lumia camera app which was there in windows 8.1 .The stock camera has literally made my Lumia 1020 a paper weight in terms of camera performance. Photos are too soft, lack sharpness, no oversampled 5MP photos, cant choose the resolutions either, horrible cropping tools. i dont know why microsoft omitted a few phones from the Lumia Camera App in build 10512 specially the Lumia 1020 being a camera centric phone.

Thirdly, the photos app, good lord its horrible. photos take long to load, the "select multiple photos" option is horrible , has a mind of its own infact, phone lags when photos are zoomed in specially with the massive photos of the Lumia 1020.

Lastly , microsoft, what have you done with the mail app which was perfect on windows 8.1? The outlook mail on windows 10 is horrible! seperation of mail accounts , constanly having to use the hamburger menus in the mail app has made me use my BlackBerry Q10 alot more for handling my mail rather than my Lumia 1020. Please bring back the combined inbox back , its being sorely missed.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i just hope microsoft did a good job with the next build , being a Lumia 1020 user i hate to see the "loading..." and "Resuming..." screen most of the times inspite of the phone having 2 gigs of ram and decent hardware.

secondly the stock camera.. well lets face it .. is no where close to the Lumia camera app which was there in windows 8.1 .The stock camera has literally made my Lumia 1020 a paper weight in terms of camera performance. Photos are too soft, lack sharpness, no oversampled 5MP photos, cant choose the resolutions either, horrible cropping tools. i dont know why microsoft omitted a few phones from the Lumia Camera App in build 10512 specially the Lumia 1020 being a camera centric phone.

Thirdly, the photos app, good lord its horrible. photos take long to load, the "select multiple photos" option is horrible , has a mind of its own infact, phone lags when photos are zoomed in specially with the massive photos of the Lumia 1020.

Lastly , microsoft, what have you done with the mail app which was perfect on windows 8.1? The outlook mail on windows 10 is horrible! seperation of mail accounts , constanly having to use the hamburger menus in the mail app has made me use my BlackBerry Q10 alot more for handling my mail rather than my Lumia 1020. Please bring back the combined inbox back , its being sorely missed.

I also have a lumia 1020 and I don't have the lagging/resuming issue. Yes, starting the phone if it was off takes half a minute but everything else is fast.

Camera issues-I'm with you on this one 100%. Proshot is an alternative but not a great one.

Select multiple photos has to be done precisely. Touch the checkbox only and nothing else or everything unselects

I think the mail app is much better now than before. It can sync while on edge speeds which is great and the interface is tighter and cleaner. And weren't email accounts separate in 8.1? I remember having outlook on its own and gmail on its own. Now they are in the same place kind of.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I also have a lumia 1020 and I don't have the lagging/resuming issue. Yes, starting the phone if it was off takes half a minute but everything else is fast.

Camera issues-I'm with you on this one 100%. Proshot is an alternative but not a great one.

Select multiple photos has to be done precisely. Touch the checkbox only and nothing else or everything unselects

I think the mail app is much better now than before. It can sync while on edge speeds which is great and the interface is tighter and cleaner. And weren't email accounts separate in 8.1? I remember having outlook on its own and gmail on its own. Now they are in the same place kind of.

Agree, the camera app is pathetic ! the only reason why i would roll back to 8.1 is because of the camera app.
Well in W10 to see emails from different accounts you have to follow the process of pressing the hamburger menu>> accounts>> etc.
in windows 8.1 you had a combined unified inbox option AND a separate inbox as well.

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I noticed today that subway surfer has been removed from the store , what is happening here? why do Microsoft keep removing apps from the store?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes