Why am I not able to open 'for developers' in Windows 10 mobile?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here...

At one time not long ago I had opened the Developer settings a few times. Not sure if I had toggled it to not use it or turn it off last time I was in there. Now when I tap the For Developers it just closes back to the start screen.

I read somewhere the only choice is to hard reset or wait for new build?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Just to let you know guys that I too faced the same problem and from my observation, it happened due to some sort of mess that apk files created in the OS. It started happening after a few apk downloads and then I end up with hard reset. It will work after hard reset but will again crash after a few apk downloads. So, I would suggest not to install apks for now.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
actually, mine stopped working after 1st reboot on my 920. this was before project astoria was leaked. Even after a hard reset, 1 reboot was enough to break it.

JSax1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue after a reboot this morning. If you install WP8.1 SDK Tools Lite and run the Windows Phone Developer Registration app with your phone connected to your computer via USB, it will tell you that it is already registered and will give you the option to unregister. After this, you should be able to open the For Developers section of the settings.

Jaydeep Limaye

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue after a reboot this morning. If you install WP8.1 SDK Tools Lite and run the Windows Phone Developer Registration app with your phone connected to your computer via USB, it will tell you that it is already registered and will give you the option to unregister. After this, you should be able to open the For Developers section of the settings.

Thanks

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Hey, where can I download that?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You need to install Visual Studio 2013/15 and it will install Windows Phone SDK 8.1 in your list of Programs. You can then open "Windows Phone Developer Registration tool 8.1" and Unregister your phone if already registered. I got rid of the issue that way, in my case. Hope that helps!

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Ummmmm thanks for that tip Ashish.....but its getting too complicated to try this. I will just wait for the next build to drop and go from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos