On W10 Mobile, my start screen loading loop persists. How can I fix this?

W

WPCentral Question

On w10m, my start screen loading loop persists.

On Lumia 920 with the latest w10m build (Aug 12) 105xx. On 10166, my start screen would get into the loading/resuming loop. I never figured out a solution. It would just spontaneously fix itself. Upgraded from 10166 to 105xx (sorry, the number escapes me). Still happening. Did the upgrade help anyone? Did anyone ever come up with a solution? Thanks in advance.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: On w10m, my start screen loading loop persists.

On Lumia 920 with the latest w10m build (Aug 12) 105xx. On 10166, my start screen would get into the loading/resuming loop. I never figured out a solution. It would just spontaneously fix itself. Upgraded from 10166 to 105xx (sorry, the number escapes me). Still happening. Did the upgrade help anyone? Did anyone ever come up with a solution? Thanks in advance.

Did you read the known issues? It said those with lots of tiles pinned will still get the 'loading...' message, and can only be fixed with a hard reset or by reverting to WP8.1

jkreisberg22

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Jojoe42, it was my question, I just wasn't signed in. In response, yes I know it's a known issue; however some have reported a fix. I know this because for years I have read the forums. Also, while your response is "true", it's less than useful. Thanks for your reply.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Jojoe42, it was my question, I just wasn't signed in. In response, yes I know it's a known issue; however some have reported a fix. I know this because for years I have read the forums. Also, while your response is "true", it's less than useful. Thanks for your reply.

On which build are you currently? I'm on 10166 and was having this issue yesterday.. The weird thing was that it only happened when my battery dropped below 30% lol

To solve it, I charged the battery obviously, but another thing that helped was simply launching Cortana, having her open a random app, waiting for a few seconds and then pressing the home button

docangle1

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, the only way I can fix it is by going into the notification shade and selecting All Settings, go to Personalization, Start, and Change the Background Setting (and change the setting to something else, ie. if None was selected change it to Tile Picture) after this the Start Screen will show in 30 seconds or less.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
After Docangle post, another thing occurred to me.. You can also try removing any background pics you have and check (haven't tried this one out myself tho)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa