Should quiet hours icon keep blinking?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes.. Soft reset the phone (press the volume down + power button, hold until phone vibrates and then let go).. Turning the phone on and off could help as well

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah! Blinking like crazy here.... I'll have to wait till tonight before I can tell Quiet Hour is actually functional...

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
That`s such a pain in the ***.
Yeah it is. Cortana wasn't working either on the last two builds due to English keyboard not wanting to download and install so had to step back to go forward, that's how I noticed the Quiet Hours stopped blinking.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the quiet hours icon is blinking, but Quiet Hours does still work fine. It's only the quick action that's broken.

To get to Quiet Hours (and it on, because the upgrade to 10512 will turn it off), just hit search->hamburger->notebook->quiet hours. You may need to hit the "quiet hours" setting a couple of times to get into the screen. Then you just enable the automatic rules.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
To get to Quiet Hours (and it on, because the upgrade to 10512 will turn it off), just hit search->hamburger->notebook->quiet hours.
Or if you need it only once: hold the search button, wait for 'bleep', and say "turn on quiet hours".

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the blink has returned. But the rest so far feels more solid. But don't try to run the game Red Herring. You'll lock down tighter then 10 toes in a sock.

anon(1150859)

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Same here, blinking "quiet hours" action button and non-functional. Thanks for the tips on how to enable/disable with Cortana. Also agree that 10512 is much smoother operating and fewer issues, at least after one day's heavy use that was 10166. Waze voice prompts still very finicky and not working well with other sound apps like Spotify, Slacker or Podcast. J

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone managed to get quiet hours stop blinking and does the method suggested above work ?..If so i am ready to jump to the new build from 10166 ?

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone managed to get quiet hours stop blinking and does the method suggested above work ?..If so i am ready to jump to the new build from 10166 ?

some people are having sucess with this and others are not like my self im trying the update for the 7th time all because the daft store will not update the phones apps witch are built in and thats even with doing a hard reset ill post back when my phone decides to update to see if it has been resolvd

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
some people are having sucess with this and others are not like my self im trying the update for the 7th time all because the daft store will not update the phones apps witch are built in and thats even with doing a hard reset ill post back when my phone decides to update to see if it has been resolvd

So does this mean quiet hours stopped blinking for you but as you have store problem you are resetting again...Can i go ahead ?

Update : I will wait for your input...Let me know?

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
So does this mean quiet hours stopped blinking for you but as you have store problem you are resetting again...Can i go ahead ?

Update : I will wait for your input...Let me know?

no its still update im just gunna upgrade to newest build ill repot back

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here with Lumia 1020, quiet hours icon blinking. Turning on and off in Cortana notebook settings make no difference. Guess its a bug that will be fixed with next update.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I have the same issue, quiet hours blinking in the action center. I don't have cortana so is there another way I can stop that?
I have the lumia 1020, country - Kenya

I tried the soft reset but no luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs