08-27-2015 10:51 PM
32 12
tools
    That's a fair point but with each build comes release notes which CLEARLY tell at the very least what major features aren't working.

I looked at each time. And this time I just said screw the hotspot. Not why it isn't working in this build? That makes no sense. That's what you call a self inflicted wound.
    ven07 and xandros9 like this.
    08-14-2015 03:06 PM
    Gabe says you just won't receive an IP address, has anyone tried manually setting your ip and testing if it works? I'm not sure what the hotspot/gateway IP is though? I might have to test on an old 8.1 phone....
    ven07 and xandros9 like this.
    08-14-2015 03:12 PM
    Now can somebody tell me something I don't know.
    So far we have 2 pages of Captain Obvious contenders.

This is basically a whinge, not a plea for psychiatric analysis.
    MS want feedback - they got my feedback. I consider Internet Sharing ESSENTIAL. You may not, but I do, and it's my feedback I'm giving.
    08-24-2015 09:46 PM
    MS knows that internet sharing is important. Its just not important for them right now in the current branch they want peoples feedback on. The IP is not for things that work under the hood but for things like new features and design decisions.
    08-25-2015 12:31 AM

MS want feedback - they got my feedback. I consider Internet Sharing ESSENTIAL. You may not, but I do, and it's my feedback I'm giving.
    Obviously MSFT knows this feature is essential, it's actually a basic feature. However do keep in mind that this is a work-in-progress operating system. It is actually not mandatory to use Windows 10 mobile technical preview or anything like that. Maybe Microsoft broke it in order to make enhancements, you'll never know
    08-25-2015 12:52 AM

If you're here to give feedback, you're in the wrong place. Use the Insider Feedback app for them to see it, not here in a non Microsoft forum.
    08-25-2015 12:54 AM
    So far we had two pages of Captain Obvious contenders and you started it. It (the fault) was pretty obvious on the blog as stated by Gabe and most (if not all) Insiders knew it. A sane person would not whinge on a thing that goes wrong when he knows that it was faulty from the start.
    08-27-2015 10:51 PM
32 12