The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-15-2015 06:05 AM
597 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    The build won't install, keeps getting error 0x800705b4, it's been trying to load for almost 2 days
    now. I see preparing to install 6% then see the Retry with the error code.
    09-17-2015 08:53 AM
    Using a Lumia 640 (LTE).

This build is still meh, but seems better than the previous 10512. I wont go back to 8.1 though...

Issues I have:
    - Battery seems to drain faster than before;
    - Apps crashing from time to time...
    - Lag/stuttering while pulling down the notification center is still quite noticeable.. not smooth at all..
    09-17-2015 09:05 AM
    I had problems with my 928 (see earlier post) like Edge not opening, lagging start, fast battery drain.
    I did a hard reset, wiping everything. I did not restore from backup but brought in the apps manually.
    This build rocks! Edge works great, battery is great so far after one day. Start does not lag anymore. Daily driver worthy.
    09-17-2015 09:29 AM
    I can't seem to download and add a new Ringtone on this build!? Tried the normal process as I have a favorite Ringtone that isn't included in the Win10 builds. I've always been able to download and add it, but I've tried 3 times from 3 different sites and the Ringtone is not being downloaded and installed as my Phone Ringtone? Any ideas how to get this to work?
    09-17-2015 09:58 AM
    This is my first Windows 10 build on my phone so I'm comparing to 8.1

Pros
    • Love the new dialer
    • Love the new maps app
    • Love the new calendar app
    • Love the new email app
    • Love the new settings app
    • Love the new browser
    • Love the new joystick on the keyboard
    • Everything looks prettier for some reason.
    • Transitions are much faster
    • Like the "Recently Added" apps list

Cons
    • Swipe keyboard no worky
    • Keyboard word suggestions won't download
    • The background image makes it harder to see the tiles, unless you set opacity high which looks ugly
    • Cortana is MIA
    • Can't seem to select entire words in inputs. Have to delete letters one at a time.
    • Small contact tile does not display name. Just blank tile.
    • Upgrade process broke my wifi and start screen. Had to do factory reset.

I'm sure most of my cons are bugs that will be fixed at some point. Overall I'm extremely excited about W10 Mobile.
    09-17-2015 10:21 AM
    I can't seem to download and add a new Ringtone on this build!? Tried the normal process as I have a favorite Ringtone that isn't included in the Win10 builds. I've always been able to download and add it, but I've tried 3 times from 3 different sites and the Ringtone is not being downloaded and installed as my Phone Ringtone? Any ideas how to get this to work?
    There was an issue with an earlier update removing the ringtone genre from the file. The file genre must be ringtone for WP to see it. Try copying over from a PC.
    09-17-2015 10:22 AM
    You can't do much without settings. Roll back to 8.1 and try again. From 8.1 you will upgrade to the latest build and at that point you will probably need to do a factory reset to make it work properly.
    09-17-2015 10:23 AM
    I am running the Latest Build 10536.1004 on My Lumia 830 on AT&T
    I have many more issues with this build than the previous build 10512.
    Camera Syncing to OneDrive is STILL not working..
    The Tiles/ Display is much more sluggish. Adding tiles to home screen sometimes requires a reboot to see them.
    Mail notification Icons take up to 4 seconds to clear .
    when removing an app the Icon stays there till I reboot.
    1 Positive thing, the Favorites are now showing up from my desktop Browser.. although it takes about 4 seconds for them to show up..
    Overall not very good on my 830
    Thanks, Dave .
    Sounds like you need to do a factory reset. I had lots of annoying things like that when I first did the upgrade. After the factory reset all those problems went away.

The sync to onedrive feature, you may need to turn it off and back on and it should work.
    09-17-2015 10:34 AM
    The same with the missing settings like Glance Screen.
    For me the glance screen now shows up under the extra settings
    09-17-2015 10:35 AM
    The build won't install, keeps getting error 0x800705b4, it's been trying to load for almost 2 days
    now. I see preparing to install 6% then see the Retry with the error code.
    That happened to me too. You need to roll back to 8.1 and then upgrade from there. Rolling back is actually quite easy, there was a 'how to' article in Windows Central, look it up

• Swipe keyboard no worky
    • The background image makes it harder to see the tiles, unless you set opacity high which looks ugly
    Swipe works, but not everywhere. I've noticed, it doesn't work in the store and in Edge, in the address field (but it does work withing webpages), it does also work in messages, search, settings.

The tile visibility really depends on the picture itselft
    Last edited by shadow118; 09-17-2015 at 10:49 AM.
    09-17-2015 10:38 AM
    how come? is the win 10 mobile interface that much worse? (i've not used it yet... just researching if i'm going to go win10 when the new phones arrive)
    09-17-2015 10:53 AM
    As you know it is a known bug then What is zStorage?
    It was in the release notes from Gabe Aul that when selecting "zStorage" it will cause the settings app to crash.

As to what it does? Who knows. Typically the "z" apps are there for testing things.
    09-17-2015 11:01 AM
    Honestly the build itself is much better, although my battery is taking a toll on the Lumia 830.
    Thankfully I can instantly see the time on the lockscreen now ^_^
    09-17-2015 11:40 AM
    Has anyone else seen the start menu issue come back? After installing the new build, which Gabe reported had fixed the start menu crash loop issue, the start menu was working perfectly. I was even able to use the small icons setting. Yesterday, the crash loop started again. I have to assume its a memory issue however even rebooting didnt solve the issue. I had to revert back to the normal tile size setting. I am using a Lumia 830.
    09-17-2015 11:45 AM
    I like the most recent build.. But I can't seem to change the color. It changes on the tiles, but not in the UI, all links and setting-texts are the same ugly orange color... Tried a new hard reset, didn't work.

And....the standard sms-app is gone. I installed the build, did a hard reset (like I always do after an update), and then the app was gone. No text messaging app at all.. I looked for it in the Store, but only found third party apps. So now I'm using the Skype Messaging App Preview Beta thing....works fine, but would really like the old app back. Did another hard reset, same thing.. And this is with no backup restoration.

Anyone else with this issue?
    09-17-2015 11:58 AM
    There was an issue with an earlier update removing the ringtone genre from the file. The file genre must be ringtone for WP to see it. Try copying over from a PC.
    I also cant any of my ringtones to show up. I tried converting them to different versions noting is working. Copying them from the pc doesnt work either
    09-17-2015 12:42 PM
    I also cant any of my ringtones to show up. I tried converting them to different versions noting is working. Copying them from the pc doesnt work either
    I'm still using my custom mp3 ringtones in 10. I did a hard reset and restore before I updated from 8.1 to 10. My guess is if I do a hard reset now, they will be gone. EDIT: actually they would be gone. I mean the files would be changed.
    09-17-2015 12:50 PM
    anyone else seeing that on Outlook mail the drop down for the All or unread is missing?
    also, when in Calendar, if I hit the settings button it crashes Calendar.
    on Lumia 928 with 10536 and I did a reset after the update.
    09-17-2015 01:28 PM
    - First build that connects to my car kit (Bluetooth) and syncs the address book.
    - Battery drain, after 14 hours 20% less than previous version.
    09-17-2015 02:21 PM
    I don't like it.
    The problem with menu seems fixed, application drawer has still insane lags loading icons or even app list.
    New issue for me is when I try to pin app, it does nothing but e.g. after locking and unlocking screen it suddenly appears, same with unpin (just disappears and then reappears after unlocking).
    Battery life is quite terrible, with the same use every day (phone calls, SMS, email etc.) I am getting half the battery life compared to 10512.

I am patiently waiting for next build, disappointed with this one.
    09-17-2015 02:29 PM
    No ringtones can be downloaded for me either.
    I downloaded them on my PC and copied to the ringtone folder and WP10 is not seeing them.
    I call this feature broken
    09-17-2015 02:30 PM
    Today I noticed that transitioning from a wifi source to using a cellular connection for bing or apps is very flaky. I've had to restart the phone on several connections so the internet could be accessed. Lumia 930.
    09-17-2015 02:45 PM
    switched back to wp 8.1, that tells all !
    09-17-2015 03:10 PM
    how come? is the win 10 mobile interface that much worse? (i've not used it yet... just researching if i'm going to go win10 when the new phones arrive)
    The interface is much better. It's just still buggy. When it's all ready to for release however, it's going to be a huge improvement over 8.1. You'd be crazy not to upgrade to 10 when the new phones arrive.
    09-17-2015 04:35 PM
    Running 536 on my Lumia Icon/929. I'm living it over 512 except for one thing:
    09-17-2015 05:07 PM
597 ... 910111213 ...