Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

Groove doesn't work, still get loading and little lags here and there. I think the file folders were the cause of the loading but can't remember.

Mathew K Jose

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

Any idea what this is>>>> provisioning?

wp_ss_20150915_0003.png wp_ss_20150915_0002.png

And I would like to add that speech to text (Indian english) and new keyboards (malayalam) and phonetic keyboards (malayalam) are very good.Good job microsoft.

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I am running the Latest Build 10536.1004 on My Lumia 830 on AT&T
I have many more issues with this build than the previous build 10512.
Camera Syncing to OneDrive is STILL not working..
The Tiles/ Display is much more sluggish. Adding tiles to home screen sometimes requires a reboot to see them.
Mail notification Icons take up to 4 seconds to clear .
when removing an app the Icon stays there till I reboot.
1 Positive thing, the Favorites are now showing up from my desktop Browser.. although it takes about 4 seconds for them to show up..
Overall not very good on my 830
Thanks, Dave .

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Works fine overall. Except for pinning stuff on Start. I don't know what triggers it but after you've pinned some stuff on Start, subsequent pins take up to minutes (up to 5 minutes I would say) to register. Yes, honestly. What happens is you go to your Apps list, pin an app to Start, the UI moves to the bottom of the Start screen as it always does to show you this new tile that you've just pinned, except that the tile is NOT there. It's not a ghost tile issue. The tile is simply invisible. If you go back to the Apps list to try again, you see that the option to pin to start is grayed out. So the OS thinks the app is pinned, but for some reason does not actually display the tile. The situation is worse for creating folders. When you move one tile on top of the other to create a folder, you lose both of the tiles :grin: Again, OS probably thinks it has created this new folder, but doesn't feel like actually displaying it for some reason.

A workaround is to wait it out for a couple of minutes, after which the missing tiles/folders properly take their places on Start. Alternatively you can restart your phone which kind of helps. The issue is extensively reported in the Feedback app as far as I can see.

L920, after a hard reset.

agion1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

I don't.

My experience, so far, is that it is much more buggy. I'm running a Lumia 930 and had no major issues with the last build. As with all the builds I install, I hard reset the phone and install everything from scratch?no install from backup. Usually things run better. Not in this case. Everything has been slow to load in general, with Edge being the worse in terms of screen loading; some apps take a while to load too. When installing apps, it takes forever. For example, it took over 30 minutes to install Tweetium. The downloading is slow but what takes an eternity is the so-called restoration of data (or some something along those lines). Also, when in the store to view my past downloads (in the hundreds), I can no longer see my catalog. I could do so in 8.1 and in the last build (though it took a long time to propagate). I hit see all and I see nothing but Twitter.

Also, if I click Cortana I can open up the notebook but all the options (settings, packages, etc.) are non-responsive. If I keep clicking on them, one might eventually work.

I was also afflicted with the absent messaging app.

There's other stuff, but this is the stuff that has annoyed me the most. If you own a Lumia 930, I'd stay away from this one.

I'm going to go back to 8.1, upgrade again (before I did it from 10), and see if there is any difference. I'll let you know.

BrayMatter

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Any one know about searching within messaging for older texts? Is this perhaps coming in a later build. Seems like that should be a basic feature, no?

Saurabh Vaidya

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

Anyone spotted 'zStorage' just below about in settings?
Whenever I click it returns to the home screen.

Anyone else facing same issue?

Lumia 535, windows 10 preview (10536).

Mihai N

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

Anyone spotted 'zStorage' just below about in settings?
Whenever I click it returns to the home screen.

Anyone else facing same issue?

Lumia 535, windows 10 preview (10536).

It is known, khaleesi
lol, couldn't help it. The issue is known, just leave it there :)

Is anyone else missing the messaging app? For me the tile was greyed and app was missing from the list. I had to search on the PC for the Messaging Skype app to replace it since searching in the Store didn't find anything.
Also, Lumia Camera is back, will see how long it stays.
System now takes up only 3.52 GB on the phone compared to 4.3 on the previous build.
Asphalt 8 kept giving an error when installing and everytime it started again, previous download would go most likely to Other and start downloading again. Couldn't uninstall it so I did a phone reset. this time 6 others apps gave an error and had to retry one at a time, along with Asphalt 8 at the end
Haven't tested yet but hope the Edge team brings back the swipe gestures for back and forward navigation

agion1

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

I actually hard reset the phone one more time and, wouldn't you know, it now functions properly. I'm not sure why the first hard reset did not do its job. In any case, the main items I outlined above seem to be ironed out.

hwangeruk

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

L735, Buggy, Slow. Wish I hadn't put it on my main device now :(
Desktop 10 beta was very good 3 to 4 months out prior to launch, this just seems waaaayyyy behind. If the phone are announced soon Cityman etc, and 10 Mobile is due before year end, I am very worried for Windows Phone.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

Put it on my spare phone (1020) and it felt good even with the lowly CPU so pulled the trigger to put it on my main phone so to help put in more feedback. Now it's on my 1520 which is my daily driver. Was a straight upgrade from 8.1, performance in general is better in some place and worse in others so a wash - and yes, I actually get less resuming screens than on 8.1 - who'd thought, and all this without a hard reset. So far it feels pretty good, hope there won't be performance degrades.

The OS itself seems fine and will get there, more worried about the non-core apps to be honest. Both the new Photo app and Skype Messaging Preview are crashing like crazy. But now they are untied from the OS they can update them any time, just as the plan was. The new flagship will handle W10M just perfect, so looking forward to that.

akifreestyle7

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Okay so I have installed the 10536 update on my Lumia 720
Nothing and I mean nothing opens without the loading and resuming screen not even the normal phone call app opens without loading screen which is very much annoying. The lock screen is alright but lags at times better than before though and for all those using build 10536 on L720 do a hard reset it really helps. Overall my impression for this build is the same though it performs better than the previous build its still buggy and slow. Zstorage crashes. The store app doesn?t download few application such as Facebook messenger and few other game shows error even when retrying it still won?t download the app. The photos app takes long time to load sometimes won?t even read your memory card photos. The worst thing for me is the wallpapers do not pane out well as background images in the previous build it was fine but now it?s just fits very inappropriately. So have to use the win 8.1 look (tiled images). I suppose this build is good for those with 1GB RAM not below that I guess Microsoft should leave out 512mb ram phones(even though I own one) but yeah they should because even after so many builds, updates it?s still very slow and not meant for daily use. Even though L720 is the only phone I got I still have the win10 installed and use it as a daily driver but with a lot of patience and irritation. because I completely love windows 10.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Return of the Loading Start Screen. This morning I entered the wrong pin to unlock the phone, or so phone tells me and who am I to argue with a machine. So I entered it again, this time it was accepted, but then instead of showing the Start screen immediately it was loading it for about 10 seconds.

zStorage is reported by Gabe Aul that it will crash if you tap on it. According to Gabe Aul they also changed something on the server side so that Messaging app is included, so new downloads should not have this problem and you don't have to go hunting for it into the Windows Store.

Nilesh Wagholikar

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi All,

In Data Usage Settings, there is a option to set Data Limit, When I enter data limit to monthly and enter 1GB and try to save it app it crashing, Its not saving settings and also its not showing data consumed on mobile. Its showing only for Wifi. Anyone facing similar problems?

kunstloch

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Since yesterday I have 10536 on my Lumia 640 DS LTE (fr). Everything works fine. But in the store there are some updates available for "Anzeige", "Audio", "Bewerten Sie uns", "Ber?hrung", "Gameloft Hub" and "Photo Add-ins". But when I try to update them I get this error: 0x803F8001. What can I do?

Main other bugs:
Photos are not uploaded to Onedrive. :-(
Cortana is not available
Impossible to add German keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb