10-15-2015 06:05 AM
597 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Correct. Loading is instantaneous.
    09-22-2015 01:47 PM
    Lumia 930 / 10526 upgraded from 10512, unfortunatelly much worst than 10512, unstable, android app support simply stopped working, issues with the lock screen, flickering, silend hours 'corrected' function is leading to 'safe browsing options' (???), magic "loading" on 2Ghz processor...and so on, is anybody there testing the build before release??? 10512 had some issues, but I could use it every day, this build was this kind of improvement, that I started to search for android best offers, MS is making one step forward and 3 back, I switched back to 8.1, sadly, because I like the UI improvements, this simplicity and aesthetics, if you will allow additionally the free tiles placement on desktop, the widgets (clock, weather, info) and finally make tiles optional (I am quite old, but I can still hit and see the fg icon), and bring the youth generation some coolnes (full wallpaper was a step in the right direction) then you can still have a chance. Last but not least, hire more developers for this project, 3 of them fixing 3 bugs a month isn't enough to catch android/iphone train.
    09-22-2015 01:52 PM
    Lumia 635, latest build with the Insider Configuration Update installed. Runs awesome, battery life is stellar.

I get MacRumours T-Mobile iPhone thread updates even though I am not subscribed to that forum, nor do I have an iPhone with Tapatalk installed.
    Attaching pictures in Tapatalk does not work.
    Other bugs as I find out.
    Mathew K Jose likes this.
    09-22-2015 02:01 PM
    L1520
    I am facing the error while installing apps.
    Error: This app can't install in SD card. In settings > system > storage change the location to your pc or phone.
    But the problem is my settings is already in default to app/installations in phone and not SD card.
    How do I rectify it please.
    09-22-2015 09:57 PM
    I have been using this built 10536 as my daily Driver on Lumia 640 XL, So far 40 ~ 60 % Performance is fine. 10 ~ 40 % bugs and Errors
    1) Bad battery ( Draining like Android )
    2) Sometimes random App Crashes need to Restart the Apps by Force Close ( e.g. groove, gallery & Other Windows Built in apps)
    3) Lots of Resuming /Loading issues ( Cannot even Retrieve call logs while i am in hurry to Dial Someone, W10M force me to wait :()
    4) Camera HDR mode Taking too long to save pictures
    5) Auto rotate Glitch and going back to Start menu Glitch sometimes( Show More Tiles)
    6) Tap and Hold on Pictures Glitch/ Multiple Selection of Photos from gallery to Share/Delete 90% Misses touch and need to Re-Select ( Hit and Trial)
    7) Custom Ringtones Cannot be Selected
    8) Instagram beta / 6 Tag ,Cannot add profile pic from gallery
    9) Sometimes Still Lockscreen Time and Date Disappears
    10) Cannot Start camera from Whatsapp
    11) Personalizing and selecting colors , Often Change with Delay or after reboot from all apps/menus
    12) Lumia Camera app photos are still better the Windows camera photos

Suggestions:

1) Microsoft is Doing Great on verge of Improving and making End user friendly OS to use
    2) MS should think in mind that Windows phone has never been primary choice in Mobile OS. they need to think to adopt the features more rapidly
    3) only a Month Left for Final W10Phone ( End of OCT). features are Missing

Lastly All the Best to hardworking Employees of MS, May They Make a difference by Producing a refined OS in coming months
    09-23-2015 01:36 AM
    Hi All.

My big problem is that I cannot install Viber at all. Did a hard reset after upgrading, so I had to reinstall of all my apps. Originally I told the phone to install every app on thr SD card instead of the phone. Viber cannot do that. Which wouldn't be a problem, but it still tell me it cannot be installed on an SD card, even after changing the setting back to phone option. Restarted the phone, nothing. Aborted the installation in the Store, started over, nothing, I cannot install it to SD card. I'm not trying to dumbass.

Otherwise, it seems much better then the previous builts (Lumia 820), no battery drain after HR either.
    09-23-2015 04:05 AM
    , is anybody there testing the build before release???
    You are kidding right? You are in the beta program. That means every (and I mean every) built will have problems. Some more than others, some hardware more than others. You are the one that is testing the builts and you are the one who needs to inform Microsoft about things that work, do not work, could get better and you like. Only that way Microsoft can fix things and know people like the new stuff in it.
    09-23-2015 04:19 AM
    In Lumia 625,it was restarting frequently when it fails to open the app
    09-23-2015 05:33 AM
    It passes as a daily driver on my 640xl. Not seeing too much issues with it. Great update so far.
    09-23-2015 06:01 AM
    Been using it extensively on my 930. Slow is the first thing that comes to mind. Need to reboot several times a day. Battery life below par, but I charge every night regardless, so not a huge issue. But, slow. Slow. Slow. Interface not responding to gestures. Works fine after a reboot. Then, slow again.

All that being said, I realize it is work in progress so not complaining.
    strange because on my 930 everything is much smoother after the upgrade... haven't rebooted myself because something went wrong actually.

Battery, I agree... OK, I'm using Bluetooth all day long with my Band & Fitbit connected and in my car connected to the car system. I also charge every evening so can live with that for now but would like to see some improvement over time there...

I do noticed that after the most recent update to Windows Insider configuration (early this week) my phone rebooted by itself a couple of times out of the blue... Regardless of what I was doing.

But all things aside, I'm happy with this build as my daily driver. Especially happy that wifi connections are very stable compaired to the previous build where my phone would lose connection with wifi and needed a soft reset to get it back.

Now let's just hope MSFT won't wait another month for a new build :) can't wait :)
    09-23-2015 07:08 AM
    android app support simply stopped working
    didn't know that was added as an official feature?
    09-23-2015 07:10 AM
    I don't feel like being in beta program. Sorry, but it looks more like alpha at the moment. Maybe it's kind of kidding, but I would expect after one month from the previous release some progress.
    09-23-2015 07:49 AM
    I don't feel like being in beta program. Sorry, but it looks more like alpha at the moment. Maybe it's kind of kidding, but I would expect after one month from the previous release some progress.
    how and why? Bringing some arguments could shed more light on what you are experiencing...
    09-23-2015 08:06 AM
    Oh, forgot about bluetooth....not working very well either. Frequent disconnects where I have to disable and enable bluetooth to make it work. Have seen random reboots when doing that as well.

But I still use it as my daily driver, so how bad can it be :-)
    That's just me being lazy though. Too lazy to embark on the rollback to 8.1 train ...

Hoping for a solid build the next time around. They are running out of time ..
    09-23-2015 08:09 AM
    Have you noticed a change on your battery life? I too have the Lumia 1520 but my battery actually drains too quickly. By the afternoon, normally I would have at least half a battery left. Now I get the battery charge notification.
    09-23-2015 08:19 AM
    Oh, forgot about bluetooth....not working very well either. Frequent disconnects where I have to disable and enable bluetooth to make it work. Have seen random reboots when doing that as well.

But I still use it as my daily driver, so how bad can it be :-)
    That's just me being lazy though. Too lazy to embark on the rollback to 8.1 train ...

Hoping for a solid build the next time around. They are running out of time ..
    have you tried a hard reset after the upgrade?

Bluetooth in itself is working fine here
    09-23-2015 08:40 AM
    Have you noticed a change on your battery life? I too have the Lumia 1520 but my battery actually drains too quickly. By the afternoon, normally I would have at least half a battery left. Now I get the battery charge notification.
    on my 930 it didn't improve but didn't get worse either... Overall below par compared to windows 8.1
    09-23-2015 08:41 AM
    Worst build yet. I finally had to perform yet another hard reset on my Lumia 1020 after nothing worked anymore. Every app crashed. Couldn't answer calls, couldn't make calls, couldn't open texts. Now, after a hard reset, text messaging app is gone. Reverting back to 8.1.
    09-23-2015 09:05 AM
    1. Another feature missing is the ability to edit CONTACTS' phone number Labels, It annoys me just to have limited way of saving contact phones numbers as either mobile 1, 2, Home 1, home 2, Work 1 etc. I prefer to change some to my personal labels that can make me easily remember the status of each number for those contacts of mine with several numbers.
    2. Battery % must always be shown rather than the current scenario.
    09-23-2015 09:20 AM
    On W10M everything loading... loading... loading... so back on WP8.1 :-(
    09-23-2015 10:11 AM
    1520.. Reading everyone's comment. Looks like only my phone is having problems. First there is loading for so long on Start After every Soft Reset or if chooses new wallpaper or change any kind of setting for Start Screen. Not able to install some important apps. Windows Store is slow.

And why the hell do we have to pay for using full version of Office apps like word, excel etc, since they are free on iOS and Android.. I am livid. What are they trying to do...?? Hope they will let these apps free when windows 10 will officially launch. Besides these it is overall good..
    09-23-2015 10:53 AM
    Can't open Facebook app since yesterday, it crashes everytime I try.. Getting more and more Resuming and loading screen day by day.. This build is no good...
    09-23-2015 12:11 PM
    1520.. Reading everyone's comment. Looks like only my phone is having problems.
    Yea, I don't get the inconsistencies between users of the same model phone. Although we all can get to the latest build via different routines?

Got 10536 on 3 1520's and a couple of 640's and one 830.
    The 1520's are crisper, no doubt, but all the devices are holding up really well. Only inconstancy we have experienced is Cortana couldn't hear voice commands on one of the 1520's. Rolled it back to 8.1 and still had the problem. Only to find out the mic no longer works. Verified during a actual phone call. The calling party couldn't hear until the 1520 was put into speaker mode.

These 1520's have been used for 2 years now and have traveled the world over. On motorcycles, in backpacks, dropped, rained on.......
    Amazing dang pieces of hardware. Sure hope future high end phones are built as well.
    09-23-2015 01:53 PM
    I ran with 10536 (with the latest update) on a Lumia 928 for 5 days solid to test if I could use as a daily driver now or not.
    results: had to go back to WP8.1
    issues that are show stoppers for me:
    Alarm: randomly doesn't work
    Notifications (both on lockscreen and on start screen): Outlook mail and Messages would not show the number of unread messages correctly. Outlook Mail seemed to get the very old 'STUCK ON 1' notice on the start screen and Messages would not show a number when there truly was new messages that had not been viewed.
    Start Screen: randomly would refresh and not be responsive to touch at all. Adding items to the start screen was very painful and very slow (cannot stress enough how slow it was pin to start).
    Battery: it was ok as long as I did not make a call. one day test: 95% battery, 2 phone calls with excellent signal strength (2 to 3 minutes long each) and battery was down to about 25%. On WP8.1, I can start at 95%, get about same number of emails in a day, get 10 to 15 calls (most around 2 minutes long) during the day and still be over 50% by the end of an 8hr shift.
    Device Powerup: from sleep mode, pressing the power button to wake randomly would not bring it up. Several times during the 5 day trial I had to force a restart with the key combination so I could get it back.

I like the new look of Outlook (even without the Linked Inbox, I got use to it and could live with it) and how easy it is to use. Typing at times would studer on both outlook email and text messages but I lived with it.

Really hope some more performance and polish will come with the next build then will give it another test just like above.
    09-23-2015 02:10 PM
    I believe I have discovered the cause of the high battery drain..... The data sense app has a bug. Every time I try to restrict background data by selecting always, the app crashes. If that was working properly, it is possible that battery life wouldn't be as bad as it is.
    safariking likes this.
    09-23-2015 02:18 PM
597 ... 1617181920 ...