10-15-2015 06:05 AM
597 ... 2021222324
tools
    in this build,can you charge the battery while the phone is off?and what about the notification sounds?like sms,whatsapp,e-mail...are they different?tks!
    09-28-2015 05:36 AM
    I'm running this on my main phone, 1020. After hard reset, I was back on Cyan which was kind of interesting... Now, the real issues:

Start screen does not load normally, ever. I need to use Cortana open a couple of apps after which, I get into putting the SIM pin code in and then, after some 10 minutes after restart, will have the start screen working. This is not to say that it doesn't get blocked into resuming state for 10 seconds every now and then.

Starting emails and messaging takes anything between 5 and 15 seconds. They don't crash.

Phone doesn't crash either, but it is slow and people hub is very slow indeed.

Skype messanger beta doesn't work and none of the Skype messages comes through.

Other apps crash occasionally without any reason.

The battery drain is impressive. I unplugged in the middle of the night and the phone went, with no use, with no apps running, from 100% to 58% in less three hours.
    Blashkyrk and DaxeTM like this.
    09-28-2015 06:56 AM
    What I have read from other members here, Windows 7 tops the build completely. The build
    still isn't installing on my phone and I'm not going to do a hard reset to make it install. The creators
    of the build messed up something to cause in not to be able to install in several phones, I sent
    the error codes, and it should be up to the creators of the build to fix it so it will install without
    error.
    Windows 8.1 on the phone is still the top of the line, and it's a toss up between Windows 7 and
    Windows 10 which is second.
    The PC is working great with the builds, the phone is the problem.
    09-28-2015 08:22 AM
    in this build,can you charge the battery while the phone is off?
    No. I doubt that you'll ever see this on the Windows Phone/Mobile platform. I'm not sure about your other questions, so I'll leave them to someone else to answer. :)
    09-28-2015 08:42 AM
    I'm sorry for what I'm about to say in advance. I've been a Windows Phone, Mobile user since like 2006 and Windows 10 just plain sucks at this point. Granted it is beta software but using it makes me just want to throw my phone out the third story window. The pictures app in windows 10 is a joke and half of the apps for editing pictures don't work, it freezes and reboots constantly and to top it all off the ringtones don't work anymore (again).
    09-28-2015 10:13 AM
    I'm sorry for what I'm about to say in advance. I've been a Windows Phone, Mobile user since like 2006 and Windows 10 just plain sucks at this point. Granted it is beta software but using it makes me just want to throw my phone out the third story window. The pictures app in windows 10 is a joke and half of the apps for editing pictures don't work, it freezes and reboots constantly and to top it all off the ringtones don't work anymore (again).
    It's not yet beta phase software. Ust revert back to 8.1. I did that. I like 10, but it's still a but buggy for daily use, for me. TP is for those willing to test new software and there's no need to be angry for bugs.
    09-28-2015 10:20 AM
    Went back to 8.1 after few months of preview build on my 920. Feels like 8.1 is heaven. Hope a new build comes soon and a better one and I will jump again.
    DaxeTM likes this.
    09-28-2015 12:31 PM
    in this build,can you charge the battery while the phone is off?and what about the notification sounds?like sms,whatsapp,e-mail...are they different?tks!
    They are not different.
    Gabe Aul stated on his Twitter that it doesn't depend on OS but on hardware.
    09-28-2015 03:09 PM
    My experience with 10536

Email is amazing
    So is action center
    No loading, lagging as many have reported and complained about
    Nice clean interface and start screen
    Many apps look better
    A lot more options in action center including cellular connection
    Equivalent battery life as in 8.1
    Much better office - 3 times better?

That being said - I'm going back to 8.1. You may ask why if I don't have any issues with 10536.

Well, there's one issue and one issue really. No Lumia camera. I have a Lumia 1020 and the fact that Lumia camera is missing for now is really wearing me down. I thought Proshot would be enough but it's more like 60% of what Lumia camera can do.

I expect to be travelling around and I need to take a lot of photos. I need Lumia camera and the only way that can happen for now is going back to 8.1. I really like where Windows Mobile 10 is headed. Lumia camera will be back in the store as written in the windows blog and I'm sure all the other minor issues will be sorted out. When it comes back, I'll upgrade back to WM10

I'll keep reading the posts on this forum and posting where I have an idea or opinion

Thanks guys for your help

Chintan
    Lumia 1020
    Kenya
    Instagram - chintan_p_gohel
    teemulehtinen likes this.
    09-28-2015 11:45 PM
    Hi
    Lumia Camera Classic is back with raw feature. You can access it from SysAppPusher app. Shoot in raw and also enjoy all Win 10 mobile features on Lumia 1020.
    09-29-2015 12:33 AM
    Hi
    Lumia Camera Classic is back with raw feature. You can access it from SysAppPusher app. Shoot in raw and also enjoy all Win 10 mobile features on Lumia 1020.
    Are you sure? I heard some people in US can get it but not the rest of us
    09-29-2015 05:37 AM
    Hi
    Hi, I checked and it still isn't available. I tried Lumia camera classic as you said through sysapppusher but store says not available
    09-29-2015 07:56 AM
    Well, boredom got that better of me and I put 536 on my 830 a couple of days back. I was resisting due to comments about this build and my experience with the previous one. Anyway, some quick comments. These are based on going from 8.1 to 10, followed by a hard reset.

I do see some improvements with the included apps and some minor bugs squashed. But, I see almost no improvement in performance. It's still sluggish. The start screen animations (especially from app list-->start) are quite jittery. As is the multi-task view.

The weird thing is the battery. It actually seems to be on par with 8.1 this time around. I do, however, have Cortana and automatic store updates off this time. No idea if that's really the difference. Still need to monitor further. I'll be getting Cortana setup today, probably (I'm outside US). Related...my battery app is saying 4 days on a full charge. I've never seen it say more than 2 on 8.1. Strange.

The store is still absolutely horrible: too many issues to list.

"System" apps that the OS says are incompatible (sms filter, display, etc from Nokia) download, install, and update automatically after hard reset anyway. Not sure if any issues are caused by that.

Live tiles for various apps don't always work well, or at all. Wikipedia from Rudy comes to mind.

Mail, just like PC, has sync issues.

Anyway, there's not much of an improvement over the previous build, in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend as a daily driver. But, I'll be keeping it...and hope that the stability problems that forced me back to 8.1 previously don't creep in again.

Excuse the bad grammar etc. I'm writing this before I get through my first coffee. My brain isn't fully operational yet. ;)
    mprebich likes this.
    09-29-2015 09:12 AM
    I have to reboot in order for my Icon will connect to a known WiFi. Constant dropping of WiFi.

Takes upwards of 30 seconds for the camera to open.
    Upwards of 5 seconds to unlock once my password is entered.
    Hey Cortana still is not working and says my phone isn't supported.
    Constant locks up and massive phone not responding.
    09-29-2015 11:17 AM
    My experience with Build 10536 is somewhat of a mixed bag. Quite a few app crashes and a few other problems keeping me from using it as a daily driver. Overall a big improvement over last time I had the chance to hold a Windows device and test Windows 10 Mobile.

My observations:
    - can't add custom ringtones (they're not visible in the selector list) - as far as I heard, you can work around this by converting to m4a
    - starting camera from lockscreen then pressing back results in black screen, you need to press Windows key to return to lockscreen (which will lack the clock)
    - Store crashes randomly and also purchasing applications with money results in errors
    - Lumia Creative Studio cannot edit photos (tapping any photo will result in a 'File Not Found' error
    - Random app crashes (no errors, no nothing, just plain crashes)
    - Start screen almost always displays 'Loading...' before appearing

This has all been tested on a Lumia 930. Overall a more polished experience and going in the right direction, but not quite there yet.
    09-29-2015 03:31 PM
    Running 930
    Applications take 5 sec to open especially windows central application!
    When pressing the back button 2mm of the screen border flickers instantly... very tiring in the eyes...
    Rest is okay for a preview build
    09-30-2015 03:29 AM
    Well, boredom got that better of me and I put 536 on my 830 a couple of days back. I was resisting due to comments about this build and my experience with the previous one. Anyway, some quick comments. These are based on going from 8.1 to 10, followed by a hard reset.

I do see some improvements with the included apps and some minor bugs squashed. But, I see almost no improvement in performance. It's still sluggish. The start screen animations (especially from app list-->start) are quite jittery. As is the multi-task view.

The weird thing is the battery. It actually seems to be on par with 8.1 this time around. I do, however, have Cortana and automatic store updates off this time. No idea if that's really the difference. Still need to monitor further. I'll be getting Cortana setup today, probably (I'm outside US). Related...my battery app is saying 4 days on a full charge. I've never seen it say more than 2 on 8.1. Strange.

The store is still absolutely horrible: too many issues to list.

"System" apps that the OS says are incompatible (sms filter, display, etc from Nokia) download, install, and update automatically after hard reset anyway. Not sure if any issues are caused by that.

Live tiles for various apps don't always work well, or at all. Wikipedia from Rudy comes to mind.

Mail, just like PC, has sync issues.

Anyway, there's not much of an improvement over the previous build, in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend as a daily driver. But, I'll be keeping it...and hope that the stability problems that forced me back to 8.1 previously don't creep in again.

Excuse the bad grammar etc. I'm writing this before I get through my first coffee. My brain isn't fully operational yet. ;)
    Have to agree with pretty much everything you said, installed on my L830 a week ago and although it is usable I'd have to put it in the "just barely" category, gets very tiresome in a hurry watching "resuming", "loading", apps sluggishness/failing to function properly etc, I'm with you on store being horrible although it does work better than what I experienced in build 10166 but again, just barely.

When people refer to Android as "lagroid", well, my 5+ year old Android phone runs circles around my Lumia and totally shames it, if this was build #1 for W10M I'd agree it is unfair to compare but it is not, at this stage of the game W10M is so far behind and the one doing the laggin'.

Another area that is disconcerting for me is the "end results" after installing W10M, seems same/similar devices end up with varying degrees of success with the outcomes differing widely, noticed a similar trait w/Windows 10 desktop edition which is understandable to a point due to the varying hardware, phones not so much.
    Last edited by Elky64; 09-30-2015 at 05:43 AM. Reason: formatting
    mprebich likes this.
    09-30-2015 05:34 AM
    Running 930
    Applications take 5 sec to open especially windows central application!
    When pressing the back button 2mm of the screen border flickers instantly... very tiring in the eyes...
    Rest is okay for a preview build
    Same things I'm experiencing on my L830 except for "rest is OK" LOL, WC has been getting progressively worse in my opinion even on 8.1 with the ailments being accentuated 10 fold on W10M.
    Last edited by Elky64; 09-30-2015 at 05:41 AM. Reason: formatting
    mprebich likes this.
    09-30-2015 05:37 AM
    On my Lumia 720 still has issues, phone restart and apps does t open after a few hours of use, you need to restar to use them again.
    09-30-2015 08:08 AM
    Nokia 520 is still waiting for Microsoft to fix the build so it will install on the phone, there are other
    phones with the same problem, a co-worker has a different phone with the same problem. The
    problem is purely Software and, error codes have been submitted, yet going on 3 weeks there isn't
    a solution. What I read on others who actually was able to hard reset and install the build, it makes
    the phone much worse then Windows 7, which I have a Nokia 900 with the software.
    Iphone came out with IOS 6, I'm wondering if Microsoft is waiting for IOS 8 to come out on a
    Iphone?
    09-30-2015 08:40 AM
    The build 10536 causing my lumia 1320 heating and restarting issues i don't think so Microsoft really care about insider program becoz still no major gain in OS it's still feel like that we are using alpha version.
    09-30-2015 08:47 AM
    How do I like it? Well it made me go out and buy a Samsung galaxy note 5. That's how much I like it. I do hope the best for w10m and you guys sticking around. goodbye for now Windows central.
    09-30-2015 02:48 PM
    How do I like it? Well it made me go out and buy a Samsung galaxy note 5. That's how much I like it. I do hope the best for w10m and you guys sticking around. goodbye for now Windows central.
    Haha.
    09-30-2015 08:58 PM
    After going back to 8.1, I realised I missed some things

-Email doesn't sync well, both outlook and gmail. Keep getting errors even if I'm on 3G network

-Everything looks so big and blocky. Windows Mobile 10 looked so slim and stylish.

-I keep going to action center to enable/disable cellular data but then I remember it's not there for Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan

-Email isn't friendly to use unlike in WM10

-Start screen looks harsh unlike in WM10 where it was soft but crisp and tight

I have noticed one problem with settings and apps backup - when restoring with the backup, the start screen layout never restores nor many settings. Why can't backup remember that I use UK English for everything, that I don't want facebook, weather, travel or other MSN apps? Or that all apps can't run in the background?

Backup needs some serious work
    10-01-2015 12:23 AM
    Can't help thinking that the people complaining about issues with battery and keyboards,etc,simply don't have their phones set up right,or efficiently with too many background apps running.I liked what Gabe Aul said recently when responding to one of his many abusive tweets about the build.He said something like:
    please don't assume everyone is having the same experience as you"

I also think people complaining about loading and resuming issues either have too many apps open or they're grossly over exaggerating.

This build is great,working great on my 640,and overall much better experience than 8.1.Dont get me wrong,there is some lag,and occasional crashes,but for a preview it's pretty darn good.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-01-2015 12:06 PM
597 ... 2021222324