Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

Oh, forgot about bluetooth....not working very well either. Frequent disconnects where I have to disable and enable bluetooth to make it work. Have seen random reboots when doing that as well.

But I still use it as my daily driver, so how bad can it be :)
That's just me being lazy though. Too lazy to embark on the rollback to 8.1 train ...

Hoping for a solid build the next time around. They are running out of time ..
have you tried a hard reset after the upgrade?

Bluetooth in itself is working fine here

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

Have you noticed a change on your battery life? I too have the Lumia 1520 but my battery actually drains too quickly. By the afternoon, normally I would have at least half a battery left. Now I get the battery charge notification.
on my 930 it didn't improve but didn't get worse either... Overall below par compared to windows 8.1

mvierling

May 19, 2008
Visit site

Worst build yet. I finally had to perform yet another hard reset on my Lumia 1020 after nothing worked anymore. Every app crashed. Couldn't answer calls, couldn't make calls, couldn't open texts. Now, after a hard reset, text messaging app is gone. Reverting back to 8.1.

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

1. Another feature missing is the ability to edit CONTACTS' phone number Labels, It annoys me just to have limited way of saving contact phones numbers as either mobile 1, 2, Home 1, home 2, Work 1 etc. I prefer to change some to my personal labels that can make me easily remember the status of each number for those contacts of mine with several numbers.
  2. Battery % must always be shown rather than the current scenario.

honeyo7

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

1520.. Reading everyone's comment. Looks like only my phone is having problems. First there is loading for so long on Start After every Soft Reset or if chooses new wallpaper or change any kind of setting for Start Screen. Not able to install some important apps. Windows Store is slow.

And why the hell do we have to pay for using full version of Office apps like word, excel etc, since they are free on iOS and Android.. I am livid. What are they trying to do...?? Hope they will let these apps free when windows 10 will officially launch. Besides these it is overall good..

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Can't open Facebook app since yesterday, it crashes everytime I try.. Getting more and more Resuming and loading screen day by day.. This build is no good...

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

1520.. Reading everyone's comment. Looks like only my phone is having problems.

Yea, I don't get the inconsistencies between users of the same model phone. Although we all can get to the latest build via different routines?

Got 10536 on 3 1520's and a couple of 640's and one 830.
The 1520's are crisper, no doubt, but all the devices are holding up really well. Only inconstancy we have experienced is Cortana couldn't hear voice commands on one of the 1520's. Rolled it back to 8.1 and still had the problem. Only to find out the mic no longer works. Verified during a actual phone call. The calling party couldn't hear until the 1520 was put into speaker mode.

These 1520's have been used for 2 years now and have traveled the world over. On motorcycles, in backpacks, dropped, rained on.......
Amazing dang pieces of hardware. Sure hope future high end phones are built as well.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I ran with 10536 (with the latest update) on a Lumia 928 for 5 days solid to test if I could use as a daily driver now or not.
results: had to go back to WP8.1
issues that are show stoppers for me:
Alarm: randomly doesn't work
Notifications (both on lockscreen and on start screen): Outlook mail and Messages would not show the number of unread messages correctly. Outlook Mail seemed to get the very old 'STUCK ON 1' notice on the start screen and Messages would not show a number when there truly was new messages that had not been viewed.
Start Screen: randomly would refresh and not be responsive to touch at all. Adding items to the start screen was very painful and very slow (cannot stress enough how slow it was pin to start).
Battery: it was ok as long as I did not make a call. one day test: 95% battery, 2 phone calls with excellent signal strength (2 to 3 minutes long each) and battery was down to about 25%. On WP8.1, I can start at 95%, get about same number of emails in a day, get 10 to 15 calls (most around 2 minutes long) during the day and still be over 50% by the end of an 8hr shift.
Device Powerup: from sleep mode, pressing the power button to wake randomly would not bring it up. Several times during the 5 day trial I had to force a restart with the key combination so I could get it back.

I like the new look of Outlook (even without the Linked Inbox, I got use to it and could live with it) and how easy it is to use. Typing at times would studer on both outlook email and text messages but I lived with it.

Really hope some more performance and polish will come with the next build then will give it another test just like above.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I believe I have discovered the cause of the high battery drain..... The data sense app has a bug. Every time I try to restrict background data by selecting always, the app crashes. If that was working properly, it is possible that battery life wouldn't be as bad as it is.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm rocking this on my Primary Lumia Icon. works well with some minor exceptions. Excessive Battery Drain has gone away after a few days. I ay have changed some settings but nothing specific that would lead to an improvement in battery life. But it has definitely improved over the initial installation. Still cannot set a Custom Ringtone and WhatsApp or Messenger can't use the Camera icon. All in all a good build that is still my daily driver.

Qaiser Arslan

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site

Had a very bad experience with technical preview downgraded to win 8.1 still suffering... Hey any body know.. I have a lumia 640 XL and whatsapp keep on crashing tried everything soft reset hard reset uninstalling whatsapp but all in vain....

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Had to revert to 8.1 to update it on both phones I'm testing.
One thing I've noticed (on both phones) is it often gives you a "Remember... no planned events" reminder on shutdown (rather than Goodbye) when nothing is scheduled.
The Store has been very slow at loading apps, and they often look like they're still loading when they're actually finished (e.g. "8.8 MB of 8.8 MB complete").
Battery drain is pretty high.
My data allowance (only 500 MB) was used up in 2 days, even though Data Sense said there was only moderate use. This happened twice with different carriers, so something is using lots of data and not showing up in the user settings. Grrrrr.

On my L730, Duolingo and My Giffgaff apps won't install (and there are probably many others), neither to the SD card nor to the phone. Lots of Loading... lag, and the start page still takes forever to show up.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I had to replace my 1520 that bricked out me. Trust me it broke my heart because I believe it still is the best Windows phone out there, and still can hold it's own with even some of the newer models of the iPhone and Galaxy series phones. So with much reluctance I purchased a 940XL knowing that I was getting a shell of the 1520 from a specs perspective. I've been using the 640XL as my daily driver for about a month and a half, and I have to admit I'm very very impressed. Despite not having an HD display the 720p does very well with the clear black display. If you haven't taken the time to test one out, I highly recommend giving it a try. Now to the point. I decided to put Windows 10 mobile on it. Again it handled it almost flawlessly. Except for the occasional soft reboot, I've had no issues, even with a mid-range processor it has no issues with all the apps and programs I used to on my 1520. You can tell it was built to be able to run Windows 10 mobile. It really allows windows 10 to shine and I have no regrets now. I would advise getting a good sized SD card so you can put most of your apps on it and leave the internal memory for the OS.

afripino

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Had to revert back to 8.1 on my Lumia Icon. Been using preview builds since day one, but the most recent build has caused my phone to be practically unusable. Apps update only halfway and then I can neither continue updating, run the already installed version, nor can I uninstall them. This leaves lots of apps just in "limbo" and I can't do anything about it except start over and even then, they get right back to that point with any install/update. Amazon App, Nokia Account, and Netflix are examples. The battery drain has left me high and dry way too many times. I would reach into my pocket 3 hours from having a fully charged phone only to see that my phone has died and I've missed calls, texts, and emails (some VERY important). I know this isn't "supposed to be" for your daily driver, but I'm considering the OS for daily use when it is finalized, so I'd like to know how I'll like it to this point. I LOVE Windows Phone, I've been with it since day one with my HTC Trophy, then my HTC 8X, and now my Lumia Icon. I look forward to trying out a further build, but the current one is just wayyyy too flaky to even try to test for me. I've also got an iPhone 6s+ on the way in the event that the Oct. 6th event is a bust and it turns out the 950XL (or final Windows 10 Mobile) won't be released for another 6-8 months. Beta testing gets old sometimes when the updates make your phone / PC incrementally worse off than before. At least that's been my experience as of late with Windows 10 and 10 Mobile. Here's hoping for the future!

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

One thing I've noticed (on both phones) is it often gives you a "Remember... no planned events" reminder on shutdown (rather than Goodbye) when nothing is scheduled.
The
Battery drain is pretty high.
My data allowance (only 500 MB) was used up in 2 days, even though Data Sense said there was only moderate use. This happened twice with different carriers, so something is using lots of data and not showing up in the user settings.

On my backup phone, in just two weeks, it has drained over 11 GB of data on Wi-Fi so yeah, this build is data hungry.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if full versions of Office are free on iOS or Andriod, but I know I didn't have to pay for anything on my phone, and everything was integrated to my Surface 3 so I didn't loose any of my spreadsheets, or term papers. That is one of the biggest advantages of using a Windows Phone, is that you have the Office suite integrated automatically. I've even edited some power point presentations and they integrated flawlessly.

Mohamed Ahmed Nader

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

Update

The keypad input methods' lag suddenly got fixed and I don't know how the only thing set to update automatically is the phone update and it was 2 days ago when the insider update thing happened so I am clueless

vedant dhaktod

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

I dont think so this build is too much smooth . Many apps crashesh suddenly. There are still many lags which needs to be improve. Cortana is still not working properly . Many times phone get automatically restart . Store also not properly working many times take too much time to download. One handed is also disable after few seconds which i doesnt like , it needs to be improve. The main problem is battery. This build is battery killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills