Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Im running on 1020 . The previous build was much better to me except for some apps but apps can be updated irrespective of builds right. I Don't notice 2000 fixes they told when they rolled out the build. On an Overall view i personally miss old wp7 and wp8. Today when i look back at my lumia 800, 920 i notice a huge change the way UI looks, only metro tiles remain on home screen rest is all changed. I hate using hamburger menus, swiping was easy and there were huge fonts written on top it just set wp apart from other OS. They could have just added more features and improved the speed and app gap, but instead they changed everything. Now that it looks all similar to other UI, I think its time to move on to other platform.

Exactly my sentiment, WM 10 looks and feels like a cheap Android wannabe.. I miss WP 8, too much.. I started with 8 and feel they gone all downhill from there on.. 8 was one solid, fast beautiful OS...my 1020 is still on 8.1 and I won't downgrade it further..

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Couldn't agree more. What happened to the Hubs, the native social network integration?

Nowadays MS states that Skype is integrated and I kid you not, you can hang up, open Skype and call again on an iPhone 6 faster than you can "upgrade" a call on most WPs. Having a button that takes you to a 5 second loading/resuming/splash screen before it gets to another app... should be seamless.

I think the whole hamburger menu deal is mostly due to ported and universal apps. As a 930 owner, having to reach to the opposite corner of the screen means I can no longer use my phone one handed. Reachability only adds another step for what used to be done by just one clean swipe.

Seems I expected too much.

Tips_y

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

Using Lumia 925 as my test phone, had been running TP from the beginning. Build 10166 was the first build that was quite usable, but not enough to tempt me to install it in my daily driver, the 1520. But with Build 10512, I finally installed it in my 1520. I'm loving 10512 despite some apps not functioning correctly. There is also a fraction of a second delay of the lock screen but not enough to bother me. I'm loving it in my 925, and loving it a lot more in my 1520.

RdealUK

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Running on 735 sometimes the scrolling is really laggy inside and outside of apps and my sd card keeps disappearing, i have to restart phone to get it back

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Lumia Icon

Other than the lag in the Lock Screen Information and Unlocking after PIN entry I'm liking this build a lot. In fact, it is now my Daily Driver and I have no issues with it.

The one thing I am confused about is how can I see all my emails from multiple account in one In Box? Do I have to check each one separately or is there a way to see them all at once as there was in the old email app?

Suwadith

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Device: Lumia 925.1
Visual improvements look stunning but Microsoft should know I wasn't hoping for only that in a newer OS. With the same/lesser hardware people are getting more from an android. And for the note I don't like the way how the extras menu looks inside the settings. They look too small and not properly assembled for WP10 like the rest of the main settings. And Movies & TV app's most of the buttons don't work or we are clueless about it's purpose. Battery is draining faster than an average android don't know why even in a Wi-Fi. Phone gets heated up like I can bake a cake or boil an egg when I play games. Edge needs a load of improvements. Especially when browsing a website with a load of scripts in it. It just hangs on for a while. Background tasks aren't yet a capability in windows phone. That should come real soon. Or I'm sure you'll loose the market which you've gained in recent days.

But all these complaint alongside I love my phone. Hasn't slowed down even a bit since I bought it an year ago. Trust me I'm a hardcore user. It's just a bit too further away when it comes to features. And I hate the app gap. But I have to say that most of the apps work brilliantly than in android or in iOS.

So thanks and good luck to Microsoft.

Prabaharan D

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Im running on 1020 . The previous build was much better to me except for some apps but apps can be updated irrespective of builds right. I Don't notice 2000 fixes they told when they rolled out the build. On an Overall view i personally miss old wp7 and wp8. Today when i look back at my lumia 800, 920 i notice a huge change the way UI looks, only metro tiles remain on home screen rest is all changed. I hate using hamburger menus, swiping was easy and there were huge fonts written on top it just set wp apart from other OS. They could have just added more features and improved the speed and app gap, but instead they changed everything. Now that it looks all similar to other UI, I think its time to move on to other platform.

Yeah , i felt the same when i did the WP10 in my NL635, so reluctant to flash my NL1020 with WP10. Wondering why they changed it and bringing in Hamberger at the left top of screen , which for me is a tough and spoils the one hand usage. At least they should provide an option like left to right swipe to bring in the menu (like we do it in WP8). now we lost a easy swipe option altogether.

Prabaharan D

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Are you sure, good enough, could i flash my BL1520 with TP now? How good it is for the one hand usage in the large phone?

Prabaharan D

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Yeah correct , circles should be little bigger in the people tile.

Aeosgames

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

I have the latest build on my Lumia 640. It works great, use it as a daily driver, but a few things seem to bug me. After I soft reset for the first time installing I had a problem getting notifications on lockscreen, so I did a hard reset and it fixed that problem. Sometimes when I restart the phone my SD card apps show as unavailable though I haven't seen much of that problem lately. Glance Screen works just fine. If you are looking to import Android apps via P.Astoria, it will not work on this phone. But I rate this build a 9/10 on my Lumia 640.

Prabaharan D

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

"mainly the position of the hamburger. I dont like the hamburgers but if they put it down low where i can reach it quick and easy that would be an acceptable use of the burger whopper button."

I second that.This is how it should be if we need hamburger.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site

Lumia ICON...battery life is so bad that I may be forced back to 8.1 if not fixed in the next build.

supask8a23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

lumia 928, ran reeeeaaalllyyy slow and crashed apps frequently, camera would stop working at times, and lots of other problems, had to roll back to 8.1 :(

Richard Bouchard1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

Lumina 928 like others had problems in the early builds but since the latest seems to be running pretty smooth !

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 920 and 930 with buld 10512, but it seems there is no improvement at all in the OS, let alone the new apps for email messaging and so on, that don't even have the basic things their wp8.1 counterparts had.

Every other Mobile OSs has seen incremental improvements. Here I fell like we are going back, not forward.

ThakurNikhil

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

Running it on lumia 1320 with build 10512 no improvement in the OS apps crash still occur battery drains too fast as compared to 8.1 ...need new features and battery life in windows 10 too

chetany dubey

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 720 with build 10512. Improved than 10166 but battery drain quickly, slow working and apps crashed after screen goes black ......other loading.......loading and loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon