Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Using it on my daily driver the Lumia 1020.
love the new UI and how you can make the tiles transparent to your liking, fairly stable as compared to the previous builds however the moment you start multitasking the phone freezes at times and the constant "loading..." and "resuming.." begins , battery life is more or less the same.
i sorely miss the Lumia camera app as the stock Microsoft camera doesn't over-samples the pictures as its supposed to but shoots in the default 38MP mode, no complains on the picture quality however you do loose out the editing options.
The gallery NEEDS TO IMPROVE. extremely slow, and buggy. pictures don't zoom and often crashes back to the start screen.
Quiet hours, mobile data hot spot broken. there is no option to access the glance screen settings either. The new app store is fairly unstable and you would be lucky enough to download even the basic apps without it crashing several times but i guess this was made clear from the start.

I'm using the sane phone, 1020, build 10512, Kenya.

Battery life is the same as before. Try using proshot. My quiet hours icon stopped blinking, don't know why or when but it did.

Make sure glance is installed when you upgrade from 8.1. Check glance every time you install you a new OS update. I don't want glance so I let in stay until the very last update. Once I got to 10512 I looked for the setting, found in extras; and switched it off. My battery is better now.

Chintan

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I just put the lastest build on my main phone the 1520 after I registered to be an insider. I upgraded like the normal phone updates and so far, it's absolutely normal. So normal the normality is making scared that I might be missing something here ��

Check your build. Is it 10512?

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

While watching a couple movies last night, I upgraded my 830 from 8.1 to 10512 (with 10166 in between). Took a lot of time, but it went smooth.

I did a hard reset after 10512 was on and, so far, my initial impressions are positive. I can already tell that 10512 is going to be a much better experience than 10166. I couldn't live with that build for more than a few hours.

So, I'll keep this build on, get set up as I normally would, and then see what happens. :)

Karan Madhyani2

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

While watching a couple movies last night, I upgraded my 830 from 8.1 to 10512 (with 10166 in between). Took a lot of time, but it went smooth.

I did a hard reset after 10512 was on and, so far, my initial impressions are positive. I can already tell that 10512 is going to be a much better experience than 10166. I couldn't live with that build for more than a few hours.

So, I'll keep this build on, get set up as I normally would, and then see what happens. :)

I was stuck at 10166 further it wudnt download the update so i rolled back...seems 10166 is a neccessary step to get at 10512..

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 1520 build 10512. There are some minimal refinements. Unfortunately, word flow keyboard was not one of them. Continually frustrated with its poor word suggestion, constant capitalization of simple words And (see that) inserting of contact names instead of regular words. I find myself correcting And proofreading way Too often. I will say that hard resetting did reduce the lag issues I was having. Battery life good. I know it's a preview And I'm all about offering the feedback, but there are some glaring issues I wish they would have addressed since this build hurdles past the PC version. Still my daily driver, though. Oh, And upper left corner hamburger 🍔 HAS.TO.GO.

jisto1215

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I would like to know whether the hotspot issue of wm10 build 10512 will be fixed in insider slow ring update??

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Were u able to download 10512 build at 10166 build it seemed impossible for me.

Yes. I had no issues.

I believe there are other folks who had your problem. Have a look at some of the threads here for possible solutions. Good luck.

Ciaran Gallagher1

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 930. Had a staggering amount of major issues, I had to revert to 8.1. WP10 is far from ready.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

I'm using the sane phone, 1020, build 10512, Kenya.

Battery life is the same as before. Try using proshot. My quiet hours icon stopped blinking, don't know why or when but it did.

Make sure glance is installed when you upgrade from 8.1. Check glance every time you install you a new OS update. I don't want glance so I let in stay until the very last update. Once I got to 10512 I looked for the setting, found in extras; and switched it off. My battery is better now.

Chintan

Well yes the pro shot is good , and use it mainly for taking time lapse , however i still prefer the trusty old lumia camera app for its quick toggle for the manual settings in one easy clean swipe rather than the cluster of proshot.
Well the Glance screen was definitely installed on my phone before i made the bump to 10512 however it isn't there once i installed this preview

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 830, it is all right as a daily driver.
The only big issues I meet is when turning on the screen, it would display grayish lines/spikes across the screen, but it fixes it self by turning off and on again. It's very rare thought.
The next thing that is frustrating is Microsoft Edge being unresponsive and crashing, especially when viewing .gifs

However it is okay.

Lloyd_S

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Lumias 1520 and 1020 on build 10512. Runs better on 1520 than 1020. Will be resetting the 1020 back to 8.1 as Windows 10 is just so sluggish and slow in everything. Had to do hard resets on both devices as things like accessing WiFi to add a new location would not work on both devices until I did the resets.

1520 is a little better but the response time for the notifications drag-down is annoying. I also rarely use either device as the connection to my car's Bluetooth system is inconsistent and very slow to connect when it does connect.

I like Windows 10 and thought I would put my Android aside for awhile to go to Windows 10 mobile. I like it but with it's inconsistencies I'm just not ready to adopt full-time. Thankfully it is in preview release only and not available to the masses so plenty of time for issues to be addressed. Looking forward to it's inevitable release and hopefully with some great new h/w. Nothing beats the h/w quality of the (former) Nokia Lumias

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Lumia Icon, on PFD and WI. Had some glitches for the email syncing. Gonna have to wait to see what the next "flagship" device will be and if its coming to Verizon, since there's nothing for me on the edge program to bump up to. I may get off that program anyway.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Well yes the pro shot is good , and use it mainly for taking time lapse , however i still prefer the trusty old lumia camera app for its quick toggle for the manual settings in one easy clean swipe rather than the cluster of proshot.
Well the Glance screen was definitely installed on my phone before i made the bump to 10512 however it isn't there once i installed this preview

There is something I read on one of the threads, an app called sysapppusher. Search for it and install it. It will help you get back apps and settings that are missing

Chintan

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 925, using it everyday and pretty happy with it. HERE Maps now works with my car's bluetooth for voice nav (don't know if this is an app upgrade or the new OS, but it didn't work in 8.1) and it's pretty stable.

Only small issues are no Outlook mail notification sounds, the Outlook app itself occasionally hangs up switching between accounts and I can't turn off conversation view. Oh, and I'm stuck with the Accuweather app on the lock screen cos the native app doesn't work with the lock screen yet.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

A few days into it now on my 830 and everything is fine. It's still buggy, of course, and performance needs work, but I'll be keeping Win10 on my daily driver from this point on....unless the next build is wonky.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Microsoft said the following:

Insider Preview expires on October 1, 2015

If you’re running Insider Preview, we’ll send you notifications beginning on September 15, 2015 to remind you that it’s time to upgrade your phone to a newer version

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Hopefully that'll fix the tapatalk issue I've been having in the newest preview. I've tried regular and original. Neither one seem to be working for me. =/

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.

No problems when i used it on build 10166

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers