Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWP

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

I've noticed at almost every WP build that notifications center has a lag. There is some delay before opening. Did anyone else noticed this? Seems like touch screen doesn't responding or you missed top of display, but i think it's a software issue.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

925 running the latest and it's fine, just the noticeable delay on the lockscreen. But having it on that phone has made me patient to wait for the public release for my 640, which has become my daily phone.

PS I LIKE THE CIRCLES, THE CIRCLES ARE FINE. :wink:

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone having success on a L520 or other low end phone? Looks like most folks with 512MB don't like this build.
I think I'll sit this one out. Everyone else, just curious?

Gerjannn

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 930 here on Preview 10512. It's actually the first Windows Phone I use after 4,5 years of Android. I like Windows 10 Mobile so far, only huge thing that is bugging me is the quality of apps (not a W10M issue, just WP), for example it isn't possible to scroll fast in Spotify, so if you have a playlist with over 500 songs and you want the last one you are literally scrolling one minute before you get there. Also, there's no search function in Whatsapp to search through your conversations with a person. At last the Facebook app is just too slow to enjoy. I don't really care about the quantity, imo there are enough apps, but the quality is mostly quite bad or just plain bad.

So far, Windows 10 Mobile is pretty great, even though my alarms don't go off in the morning and I hope the next build will come soon and fix the 3 second lockscreen issue. I really like the animations, and it's smoother than my Nexus 6 mostly. On some websites I still have scrolling issues, but overall performance is quite good. I will keep WP as my daily driver for some days and see if I can like it more.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site

On my Lumia 735.Works very bad.Lockscreen issues,store does not work in background etc.....But I like the new start screen look,unified store,new animation.
I am running 10512 on my lumia 735 and its works great. The only thing i noticed was the start delay. Store works fine for me in the backgrounds.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 930 here on Preview 10512. It's actually the first Windows Phone I use after 4,5 years of Android. I like Windows 10 Mobile so far, only huge thing that is bugging me is the quality of apps (not a W10M issue, just WP), for example it isn't possible to scroll fast in Spotify, so if you have a playlist with over 500 songs and you want the last one you are literally scrolling one minute before you get there. Also, there's no search function in Whatsapp to search through your conversations with a person. At last the Facebook app is just too slow to enjoy. I don't really care about the quantity, imo there are enough apps, but the quality is mostly quite bad or just plain bad.

So far, Windows 10 Mobile is pretty great, even though my alarms don't go off in the morning and I hope the next build will come soon and fix the 3 second lockscreen issue. I really like the animations, and it's smoother than my Nexus 6 mostly. On some websites I still have scrolling issues, but overall performance is quite good. I will keep WP as my daily driver for some days and see if I can like it more.

I am sort of amazed you were willing to put a preview build on your phone when you are just getting re-acquainted WP after so long with Android. That's pretty generous.

Gerjannn

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I am sort of amazed you were willing to put a preview build on your phone when you are just getting re-acquainted WP after so long with Android. That's pretty generous.

I checked Windowscentral and saw a lot of reviews on YouTube and tech sites so I quite know what WP is about, and the Insider preview really was something I liked in terms of UI. I bought a used 930 to see if it's something I'm going to like (will wait for the final build before making my decision) and then decide if I want WP or Android again.

My Nexus 6 still feels like the fastest phone, I also use a great Custom Rom which makes it even faster, but I feel like I'm kinda bored with Android, and iOS is not an option because it is way to closed. So right now I'm not sure what I want, that's why I try WP to see if that's a good option :)

Karan Madhyani2

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

Should i update Lumia 520?
N
I m suppose to reset before the installing build & after installing the build also?

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I've noticed at almost every WP build that notifications center has a lag. There is some delay before opening. Did anyone else noticed this? Seems like touch screen doesn't responding or you missed top of display, but i think it's a software issue.

Yes, indeed.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm running it on my Lumia 810. This little thing just continues to prove itself to be an underrated beast of a phone. There are still a number of bugs in the OS, but, few enough that I'm running it as my daily driver. I would love to see an update that fixes the way it works with my band. Also, outlook email notifications don't always open the right account and I have to close it then reopen. Oh, and the lock screen issue. But, over all, it isn't bad right now.

I still miss the social integration that existed before 8.1, but, Microsoft moved in a different direction I suppose.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Lumia Icon...
10512 is, in my opinion, the first daily driver build.
Everything, that I do, is working (other people note limitations, but they haven't affected me).
Multiple things, that didn't work in 10166, are working.
10080 was terrible and 10166 was usable, but I'm very pleased with 10512.
JJ

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 640 LTE, so far so good... there are some small bugs like the start screen and delayed time displaying, I also think that the battery is a little bit worse than 8.1 but it's nearly not noticeable. Oh, I forgot about hotspot not working- I cant understand why one of the basic function of every phone on the market doesn't work?!?! Everything else- for me is great, I like the overal look, I love new email functionality (pdf, excel, word, etc sending in attachments), and something which is very important for me- push notifications for email accounts! I'm on the latest 10512 bild since yesterday and doesn't notice any errors except what I just mentioned. Now im using it as a daily driver and probably will not revert to 8.1 anymore.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 640 LTE, so far so good... there are some small bugs like the start screen and delayed time displaying, I also think that the battery is a little bit worse than 8.1 but it's nearly not noticeable. Oh, I forgot about hotspot not working- I cant understand why one of the basic function of every phone on the market doesn't work?!?! Everything else- for me is great, I like the overal look, I love new email functionality (pdf, excel, word, etc sending in attachments), and something which is very important for me- push notifications for email accounts! I'm on the latest 10512 bild since yesterday and doesn't notice any errors except what I just mentioned. Now im using it as a daily driver and probably will not revert to 8.1 anymore.

update: just had a crash with keyboard- when typing suddenly the phone has freezed with vibration ON and I had to reset it as nothing was working

slimshady97

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Thanks was thinking of installing it on my 620! Will wait for the developer preview now!

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

HTC One M8. Went from 8.1 to 10512 last week. No hard reset. So far runs very smooth, minor glitches. Worst part for me is band functionality; it is very limited. Also miss the HTC motion features.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I have installed the latest preview build in Lumia 520 and Lumia640 and did hard reset to the both.

Very stable and responsive too on both phones. My primary is Lumia 640 and i loved this build absolutely(with whatever they implemented). The popups and new UI are good.

512 MB phones have some performance issues related to 1gb phone and have some design(scaling) issues in 4inch screen phones.

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I notice no-one else is running a 435. Nothing on the fast ring that even boots and nothing on the slow ring - at all

charish putta

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

This thread is for people to tell wich phones they are running the build on and how they like it

Tell us! :wink:
Im running on 1020 . The previous build was much better to me except for some apps but apps can be updated irrespective of builds right. I Don't notice 2000 fixes they told when they rolled out the build. On an Overall view i personally miss old wp7 and wp8. Today when i look back at my lumia 800, 920 i notice a huge change the way UI looks, only metro tiles remain on home screen rest is all changed. I hate using hamburger menus, swiping was easy and there were huge fonts written on top it just set wp apart from other OS. They could have just added more features and improved the speed and app gap, but instead they changed everything. Now that it looks all similar to other UI, I think its time to move on to other platform.

FLJeepGuy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm running the Insider Fast ring build 10512 on my 920. The build seems OK, but very slow. Some of the "preinstalled" AT&T garbage apps don't work and show an error in the store app when trying to update, so I simply uninstalled them. I like the UI changes so far except for the handling of the People live tile. The new circular images are too small and there is a lot of wasted space on the tile.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I have installed the latest preview build in Lumia 520 and Lumia640 and did hard reset to the both.

Very stable and responsive too on both phones. My primary is Lumia 640 and i loved this build absolutely(with whatever they implemented). The popups and new UI are good.

512 MB phones have some performance issues related to 1gb phone and have some design(scaling) issues in 4inch screen phones.
Thank you for posting. I'm going to hold off on updating my L520, tired of slow performance. I'm looking to get a L640 for Christmas, time to move up a little. Do you like yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786