Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatin Pancha1

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

is build 10512 is running well or should I wait for next build I also have 640xl please give me your suggestion about build because I have only 1 phone and I want to install windows mobile 10 if it is stable for daily use

ncbuckeye

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

I was running it on the 640 and I switched back because the outlook email half the time would let me create an email or respond to one. Also the messaging app wouldn't work everytime, so I rolled back but will try it again when a new release comes up.

gavino96

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site

I'm currently running Windows Insider on my AT&T unlocked Lumia 1520. This is the best build yet and am pretty comfortable with enough to allow it on my phone permanently. There are still bugs and annoyances. But overall, the build is highly stable and I am able to do more with it than with the previous builds. Most of my gripes thus far is with the photos app. Sure wish I could see my subfolders under pictures as albums. Microsoft, if you are reading this, make it so!!!

Hi-Tek

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site

I'm using Lumia 1020 running the latest build. I don't have Cortana , no live tiles for Gmail or yahoo, and Lumia camera can't be found. I want all my Lumia apps back. It doesn't make sense for microsoft to get rid of them. The new Microsoft camera only takes a 7mb picture of unknown MP. The Lumia camera app gives us options take a 5MP or 39 MP and they both look better to me.

5p4c3m4n

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

have you tried to look at your settings.....mine is set "as items arrived and any time"

Ya. Checked all settings multiple times. Deleted accounts and re-added. Still no joy. Not a problem though as todays Outlook Mail app update resolved the problem. Multiple accounts now syncing perfectly

Forgot to add that Outlook Mail live tiles now working as well..

itonline

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 1520...I first loaded build 10166 very few issues.
1. Battery was reduced greatly.
2. Phone running hot
3. After reboot just get loading message.

Loaded 10512 build...problems began

1. Battery getting hot
2. Display not coming on.
3. Phone call, no display
4. 10512 build is very RAM intense

After noticing how resources was being used i went to my notifications tab and I notice a number of blank notifications that are trying
to push through. I turned these all of and Walla, phone stop running hot start page even began loading faster. After several days things
started happening again getting hot, and slow start page loading and also having issues getting calls. So I decided to reset the phone.
It found and early profile I allowed it to load. Once the reset was completed I notice some improvement, but I was not satisfied, so I reset
the phone a second time. This time I chose a fresh install. Boy what a difference. Now I can get the start page like in 8.1. In the previous
load I could not play my Perfect Music app it showed it on the screen but played it through Groove.

I am slowly adding back apps like facebook, amazon so that I can truly tell what works well in this build. If any of you are having issues it
is probably because the build cannot handle all of the apps and other processes you have running.

As of this post WP 10 build 10512 is running smootly for a Beta. I am not saying it is running perfectly but running alot more fluidly.

buuduy17

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Mine is 640 XL. Feel great with Build 10166 even with some small issue not big deal, But i don't like 10512 because there are too many annoyed problems like keep scan SD card after restart, can't transfer video from PC, Lag and sometime must restart to load normal app. Hope that new build will coming soon (maybe in this week) to fix it all

Mikko Tenhunen

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

On Lumia 920 it works for couple of hours great after that it get the endless loading bug that is anoying. You would have to restart your phone many times a day to use it. Also many of the apps wont work in Windows 10 and there are issues in Windows phone 10 settings. I would wait for the finished windows phone 10 versio

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Using it on my daily driver the Lumia 1020.
love the new UI and how you can make the tiles transparent to your liking, fairly stable as compared to the previous builds however the moment you start multitasking the phone freezes at times and the constant "loading..." and "resuming.." begins , battery life is more or less the same.
i sorely miss the Lumia camera app as the stock Microsoft camera doesn't over-samples the pictures as its supposed to but shoots in the default 38MP mode, no complains on the picture quality however you do loose out the editing options.
The gallery NEEDS TO IMPROVE. extremely slow, and buggy. pictures don't zoom and often crashes back to the start screen.
Quiet hours, mobile data hot spot broken. there is no option to access the glance screen settings either. The new app store is fairly unstable and you would be lucky enough to download even the basic apps without it crashing several times but i guess this was made clear from the start.

Hi-Tek

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site

I'm also running 10512 on my 1020 but cortana isn't available and there's no live tile support for Gmail and Yahoo. Lumia camera has been removed also. Are you having the same issues?

nomoore

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Lumia 635 - Build 10152, hard reset - Daily Driver

- Store is buggy when downloading updates. I often have to cancel and restart or even cancel, uninstall app, reinstall app.
- Attaching media (pics, vid) to MMS only works half of the time. If I try multiple times it will eventually work
- Laggy lock screen, 3 to 5 seconds
- Outlook takes a while to load, at least 5 seconds. I use email a lot and really appreciated how quick 8.1 was to open email. I hope this gets better or maybe it is much quicker with a newer low end phone.
- Outlook doesn't have a unified inbox. I REALLY miss this feature from 8.1. The Outlook app on Win10 PC doesn't have this feature either so it's not really a bug. It's just a major annoyance. I now have to check 4 different accounts. It takes FOREVER in comparison.
- The hamburger menu is a real annoyance. I understand the reasoning behind it being there as something recognizable to new users coming from android but it is located in the worst place possible. I have always been a fan of one handed phone use. I HATE that I have to use two hands or change to an unstable grip to reach it (and I have long fingers). Ease of one handed use was a major reason I have stuck with WP through the years. This NEEDS to be fixed before release.

Frankly, I am affected more by the last 2 items and the overall interface changes more than any of the actual bugs. This makes me really worry about the future Windows 10 mobile experience. I'm not a big google fan but the way MS is headed with mobile may make me switch to Android.

ikvn

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I just put the lastest build on my main phone the 1520 after I registered to be an insider. I upgraded like the normal phone updates and so far, it's absolutely normal. So normal the normality is making scared that I might be missing something here 😞

GreenGiggy

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Lumia Icon (929) / Verizon, 10512 build. They improved this build tremendously from the last build. Much more stable, but still slower than Windows Phone 8.1 Denim. Am now using as my primary phone OS. Still some bugs, mainly with Cortana not actually doing what you ask for/ no Hey Cortana; no quiet hours.

Considering Project Astoria runs flawlessly on this device, I now can finally run SiriusXM app and have all I need except for my banking (5/3rd check deposit still won't run, but that is the Bank's fault).

Microsoft, you are truly onto something. One recommendation is having the start menu sync with the phone tiles so that if we have the same apps on both, they show in the same place. I view the Win10 Start Menu as a Start+Windows Phone menu; let's sync things up? Also Maps works well, but it needs Waze like traffic and police alerts.

DCPaul

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

On my 1520 double tap and glance screen works only when its charging...

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Just installed the slow ring on my unlocked att 920. Some app updates seem bugged, some random app crashes. Live tiles seem to die sometimes. They really need favorite pictures back, and ability to cycle those on the tile.

Kiddo_24

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm using the latest preview build on my HTC One M8. It works well all things considered. Groove crashes whenever I click on filter by Artists. But, as has been the case with all preview builds I've tried, the Motion Launch gestures like double- tap to wake don't work even though the settings are on. And the Dot View case doesn't work either. I did a recovery to OS 8.1 and upgraded without restoring my settings. Problems remain, but I'm still using it on the latest build. Makes the windows 10 experience feel complete.

Last edited:

Toutou Kay

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site

I'm running the latest build on a good old Lumia 520. I always fire it up, play with it for an hour or two, test some apps and settings and then I turn it off and enjoy my daily driver 730 with WP8.1 even more. It doesn't crash too much, it pretty much does what it's supposed to do, but being an OS X person who thinks desktop W10 is ridiculously fugly and inconsistent, I really can't stand the UI.
I love WP8.1's design. I love how it works with light fonts and BLACK background, (conserving the battery on an OLED display). It looks clean, serious, enterprise-grade. In W10M, this is all gone. Weird greyish backgrounds are used (Settings or Cortana), different fonts appear randomly throughout the system, different controls are used (Photos)... It's just a hell to look at.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

I am still running 10166. works great actually. And W10 is so much better than ianything. I had apple for a few months and ditched it all because it was so crappy.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm using Lumia 1020 running the latest build. I don't have Cortana , no live tiles for Gmail or yahoo, and Lumia camera can't be found. I want all my Lumia apps back. It doesn't make sense for microsoft to get rid of them. The new Microsoft camera only takes a 7mb picture of unknown MP. The Lumia camera app gives us options take a 5MP or 39 MP and they both look better to me.

Hey,

Only Lumia camera is missing, the others are still there. When you upgrade to WP10, make sure they are already installed, eg, Lumia refocus, panorama or cinemagraph. I still have them, Lumia 1020, build 10512.

As for MS camera, I've seen what you noticed, the smaller size. The file size is smaller but the photo is high res, 38 or 34MP depending on portrait or landscape.

Try proshot. You'll get better quality and size

Chintan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea