Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

1020 and 520. Pretty disappointed with the UI. I hope they are holding back something in that area... And I love desktop W10.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Lloyd_S

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

I had to remove and go back to 8.1 too. It just was too buggy and with things like no mobile hot spot or the ability to customize ringtones and notification sounds it just isn't worth it. Lasted about 4 hours on 8.1 and went back to Android. I do like Windows 10 Mobile and I hope it's solid when it finally rolls out.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

1020 and 520. Pretty disappointed with the UI. I hope they are holding back something in that area... And I love desktop W10.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

You are right the ui doesnt look like Windows phone anymore just a bad copy of android

lmgbs

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

640 XL LTE. Using build 10512 as a daily driver without any major complaints.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 930 with Build 10512 and so far so good. Sure there's a few bugs and functionality problems that need ironed out but I have no inclination to roll back to 8.1.

Ali Raza Shafi

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 1320 using build 10512. its not that good. phone is slow now. apps not working properly. and phone quickly heats up when im using LTE and turns off itself. thats the most annoying thing. and home screen tiles refresh again n again. waiting for the next build. hope they fix these overheating and refresh issues along with hotspot.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

One more comment on the experience with my 830.

As I said above, the phone started to have issues after a period of stability. Last night ended up being a pain in the ****...I think I had to soft reset about a dozen times. Just horrible.

That said, I was hoping I'd make it through to the next build, but after more issues this morning I rolled back to 8.1. I'll be giving the next build a pass until I see a good number positive reports. Everyone has their limits...I reached mine. :)

I do hope they get things sorted before RTM, though I have concerns about that. Interesting times ahead....

daemron

Banned
Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Whats up with the notifications on lockscreen heard they are broken?

They seem to be broken when "show banners on lockscreen" is disabled. Sounds & banners working when phone is locked. Lumia 1320 wm10.512

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

They seem to be broken when "show banners on lockscreen" is disabled. Sounds & banners working when phone is locked. Lumia 1320 wm10.512

This is fixed in build 10536 wich will be released this week

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

So my 930, performance was very good, but phone was very hot also, that's during the first hour.

things seemed to cool down now, the phone performance is very good, phone back to room tempreture, but its taking for ever to charge, i don't know whats going on

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

OK, upgrading was long process but I must say it worth!

It was several hours job, including:
- upgrade to 514, then 536.1000,
- upgrade to 536.1004,
- hard reset,
- set options,
- restore accounts,
- download and update apps...

It's not "seems faster", it really IS faster, better, and solid build for daily use on my main phone.

Note: I'm using Lumia 920

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Build 10536.1004.
1.Well first things first , the lock screen bug is better. still takes about half a second maybe less to show the time/etc.
2.The swipe up to unlock is still little jittery, not as smooth as the 8.1 OS but cannot call it complete either.
3.The photos app is still buggy but FAR better than the previous build , zooming in the photos clicked by the camera (Lumia 1020) still lags alot , maybe its the size of the photos or its just the app.
4.Since the build has been just installed on my daily driver the Lumia 1020 a few hours back i really cannot comment on the battery life.
5.No heating/over heating issues so that's good.
6.Quite hours has been fixed.
7.The "Resuming..." and "loading" bug is still present at some instances, usually occurs when you keep the phone idle for long periods of time, but yes it has occurred in normal use as well. (Note i have been using this build only for a couple of hours so this CAN PAN OUT)
8.Still no lumia camera app (at-least for the Lumia 1020) and have to resort to using the default camera app, which is quite horrible.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site

Sad to say Battery Life is still very tough on the Lumia ICON...loses about 5% an hour and using the phone sucks it much faster...light use since off the charger at 6AM and already 75%. LIGHT use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb