Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

I have a Lumia 640 and I just went back to 8.1. Too many bugs still. I can't even pin a app to the home screen without any issues.

Did you do a hard reset after updating? (Obviously if this wasn't a tech preview, that's not a realistic solution.) I have a 640 as well and have pinned quite a few apps to the start screen with no issues. I've encountered other issues such as not being able to add my Office 365 work account, which is important to me, but I haven't rolled back yet.

I'm thinking about leaving and grabbing a Moto g 3rd Gen. I just don't see them getting this OS together until next year some time. Still love windows but Microsoft needs to do better to earn my money.

Everyone's experience will be different, but so far, I've found this build to be quite usable compared to previous builds.

PuK44

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

I?m thinking about installing this build but first I need to know some things first...

- I?ve heard that the message hub disapeared and now we have to use the beta Skype. Thing is there are some reports that the app is not on the store...
- There is any good alternative on music searcher and QR code reader?
- Battery drain on 1020
- Here Maps and Here Drive are available and working properly in this build?
- Store app is more reliable?
- MSN News and Sports apps working?

Right now I want to know about this things, if anyone could help with some of them I would be appreciated.

Cheers! :)

P.S. - Sorry for any mistake...I?m not english

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Already posted my L1520 thoughts of this new build. So I won't rehash.
But, suffice it to say that I'm so pleased that I decided to test my "throwdown go-phone 640"
This was my safety net phone running 8.1. I bought it (Walmart $79) just to make sure I had a hot-spot while I played in the Wild Wild West with the 1520.

Well, I'm very pleased with the little 640 on 10536. :)
Note: I hard reset 8.1 before loading 10536

newnews

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

wait for everything installed and leave alone for an hour, then reboot the phone. My L920 cannot pin/delete live tiles just after upgrade, restarting the phone solves the problem.

I have a Lumia 640 and I just went back to 8.1. Too many bugs still. I can't even pin a app to the home screen without any issues. I'm thinking about leaving and grabbing a Moto g 3rd Gen. I just don't see them getting this OS together until next year some time. Still love windows but Microsoft needs to do better to earn my money.

newnews

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

ATT Lumia 920:
1. Upgraded to 10536, unable to unlock the phone, I got 80090005 error after I enter the lock screen pin. I believe there is a bug to upgrade an encrypted phone(My phone has company email account and forced to encrypt). I have to do hard reset in order to get things going forward.
2. Edge browser is still not good. I am not able to open my router setup page because Edge cannot popup the window to enter username/password.
Also there is no Go Forward button
3. Back to home screen seems to be improved. You still get long "Loading" time when using it first time(or after every reboot), but it looks ok after that.
4. Some app got strange name showing on app list e.g. shopping list showing "[shopping list xxxxxxx}", Level showing "[Level xxxxx]". This problem is starting from 10512 build
5. Skype messaging replaced old Messaging app, however, sometimes it is very very slow to open.
6. The battery still drain quick, but I only use for a few hour, maybe system is still optimizing.
7. Still has no "number"(to tell you how many apps got update) showing on Store Live tile

berserk_1320

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

After changing settings from storage sense, go to store-> downloads then touch on "x" next to WhatsApp and then redownload WhatsApp. It will work
Well it didn't, I even took out my SD card and still not working, I don't know what to do now.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

For me, this 10536 is way much better than 10512. The only major thing for me are the Outlook Mail Notifications...sound, banner, etc. They don't work...unless I am missing something. Even the number of new items on the inbox tile is sometimes wrong.

daniel cooper2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

Did you do a hard reset after updating? (Obviously if this wasn't a tech preview, that's not a realistic solution.) I have a 640 as well and have pinned quite a few apps to the start screen with no issues. I've encountered other issues such as not being able to add my Office 365 work account, which is important to me, but I haven't rolled back yet.

Everyone's experience will be different, but so far, I've found this build to be quite usable compared to previous builds.
Yeah did a hard reset did a soft reset let the phone sit over night still doing the same thing. Thanks anyway I just think Microsoft is going in the wrong way with their phones. They should just build on to 8.1 instead of trying to revamp the whole OS. Look at apple they just add a couple new features every year but its still the same old IOS.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

I think if you do the hard reset some apps will disappear, because they are originally not included in W10M. At this stage I find it better to go back to 8.1 and update to W10 without hard reset. That way you keep the core apps and it works fine, 10512 did and this one behaves, too, so far.

berserk_1320

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site

Now that I fix my Whatsapp issue, I can say that the 10536 is actually a great build, looks better and feels better, hopefully when we finally got to see the definite version we will have a great product.

leehab

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

on 1520, I have 10512 running not too bad . Tried upgrading to 10536 and does not install it . Have done soft reset etc .

But what can any body expect from Microsoft . This company has not cared for consumers and has been confused for decades .
Bought Nokia and lost $6 Billion on it and destroyed it . That is Microsoft

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

For me, this 10536 is way much better than 10512. The only major thing for me are the Outlook Mail Notifications...sound, banner, etc. They don't work...unless I am missing something. Even the number of new items on the inbox tile is sometimes wrong.
Yeah, I keep getting told there are more items in the Inbox than there are. Irritating.

nightsurf

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 822 - took forever, did hard reset. App store took a long time to install a few apps. Could not find Skype Beta for messenger or old windows messenger searching store on phone. Had to scan qr code on web page to launch store to find old win messenger - installed worked fine, now getting sms/txt. Installed windows authenticator - Mostly working well.
A few issues.
* Podcasts not working, can't add podcasts. This worked fine in last build. How do they go backwards in their dev/qa/UAT process???
* Still a little slow with start screen.
* Edge still has some issues on some sites.
* CutnPaste a code from authenticator pressed back and phone reset itself (one off bug as tried again and it worked).
* Facebook Livetile not showing updates, may just be a delay, all other tiles working well.
* No native QR scanner so installed app 'QR Code Reader'
* Battery lasts 1/2day but that is this old HW, Win10 just drains it a tad faster than 8.1
Overall good, will be daily driver now - Hope the new MS flagships being announced Oct6th come fast (Nov) and are cheap.
They should also make UI consistent across OS and core apps - eg swipe left to delete email but press and hold to delete sms.

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 635

Went back to 8.1 then upgraded to the new 10536.1004 and it went fairly quickly (Within an hour) as opposed to what I'm hearing the direct update was taking some people.

So far it seems to be quicker, the lock screen delay isn't as pronounced anymore (although it does still feel like there is one, could just be my imagination).
Apps load and close fast. Streaming music in Groove still has some issue where every once in awhile it won't recognize the Music pass and tell me I can't stream (mind you this is all only on WiFi as I don't have a cellular connection on the phone currently).

While I was going through the Store and doing all the App updates, I continue to run into an issue with "Nokia Account", "Windows Insider" and "Lumia Selfie" apps encountering errors. I have never downloaded the Nokia account or Lumia selfie so I'm not sure how its tied to my Microsoft account at all, nor am I sure what the download issue is.
Error codes are 0x803F8001 and 0x80073CF9 whatever those mean.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I?m thinking about installing this build but first I need to know some things first...

- I?ve heard that the message hub disapeared and now we have to use the beta Skype. Thing is there are some reports that the app is not on the store...
- There is any good alternative on music searcher and QR code reader?
- Battery drain on 1020
- Here Maps and Here Drive are available and working properly in this build?
- Store app is more reliable?
- MSN News and Sports apps working?

Right now I want to know about this things, if anyone could help with some of them I would be appreciated.

Cheers! :)

P.S. - Sorry for any mistake...I?m not english

Message app is still there, I just confirmed its working on my Lumia 1020
I think there are quite a number of apps for QR code scanning-I remember something like QR Code scanner
No battery drain except for normal use. (By the way, I keep my phone off at night, that really helps)
Here maps and drive are available only if you made sure they were installed when you started upgrading from 8.1 and you did not do any hard reset
Store app is faster and more reliable, yes
No idea about those 2, I don't use them

Hope this helps

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

No. Just no. I put the preview, whatever build it was (10266?) when it first became available for Icon, and it liked to have cooked my phone. I rolled back to 8.1 after it used 100% of my battery in less than an hour. Since then, every build I have watched for the known bugs, and last night I decided to give it a try again. I started the update and went to bed.

This morning, the phone was cooking. But I decided to try giving it a reset to see if that would help. Initially, during the reset, the phone got hotter than I'd ever felt it get. But then it cooled back down, and it seemed like it was going to be ok. I had to go to a funeral home this evening, and the phone didn't cook and didn't use up my battery. But when I tried to use it, no start screen. I tried changing the setting, getting rid of the background image, and initially I thought that was going to help. I was able to mess with the phone some. But then I restarted the phone (I don't remember why, at this point), and since then I have seen a glimpse of the start screen one time. It's stuck in the Loading loop. I can get to apps if I enter them in Cortana, but no start screen.

WHOA! Right after I typed that last line, I grabbed my phone to turn it back on. I've had it with the screen on for a half an hour, waiting to see if the start screen would come up. It turned off while I was typing, and I grabbed it to turn it back on, and viola! The start screen appeared. Now I'm afraid to turn the screen off. But ok, I did, and it came back on fine.

If you put this build on an Icon, DO NOT restart the phone or you will have a rough time getting the start screen back. Unfortunately, I won't have time to roll back to 8.1 until after I get home from a funeral tomorrow, so I'm forced to test it further. We'll see what happens, but I'm not hopeful.

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Why is the mobile hotspot still not working for me? As soon as the screen goes off, I am still getting kicked out just like before. Anyone else?

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Ummmm after 30 hours, I am through with first two updates... . 0004 is still downloading, it's stuck at 15% for an hour now... 0000 looks, feels and behaves same as 512..after more than a month they have managed to improve date and time on lockscreen a little, kudos to them.. Lol.. Quite hours toggle not blinking anymore, yay major win... Will give more inputs once I am done with this third update..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro