Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboyknowsclass

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

how come? is the win 10 mobile interface that much worse? (i've not used it yet... just researching if i'm going to go win10 when the new phones arrive)

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

Honestly the build itself is much better, although my battery is taking a toll on the Lumia 830.
Thankfully I can instantly see the time on the lockscreen now ^_^

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone else seen the start menu issue come back? After installing the new build, which Gabe reported had fixed the start menu crash loop issue, the start menu was working perfectly. I was even able to use the small icons setting. Yesterday, the crash loop started again. I have to assume its a memory issue however even rebooting didnt solve the issue. I had to revert back to the normal tile size setting. I am using a Lumia 830.

Gam3r Evolved

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

I like the most recent build.. But I can't seem to change the color. It changes on the tiles, but not in the UI, all links and setting-texts are the same ugly orange color... Tried a new hard reset, didn't work.

And....the standard sms-app is gone. I installed the build, did a hard reset (like I always do after an update), and then the app was gone. No text messaging app at all.. I looked for it in the Store, but only found third party apps. So now I'm using the Skype Messaging App Preview Beta thing....works fine, but would really like the old app back. Did another hard reset, same thing.. And this is with no backup restoration.

Anyone else with this issue?

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site

There was an issue with an earlier update removing the ringtone genre from the file. The file genre must be ringtone for WP to see it. Try copying over from a PC.
I also cant any of my ringtones to show up. I tried converting them to different versions noting is working. Copying them from the pc doesnt work either

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I also cant any of my ringtones to show up. I tried converting them to different versions noting is working. Copying them from the pc doesnt work either

I'm still using my custom mp3 ringtones in 10. I did a hard reset and restore before I updated from 8.1 to 10. My guess is if I do a hard reset now, they will be gone. EDIT: actually they would be gone. I mean the files would be changed.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

anyone else seeing that on Outlook mail the drop down for the All or unread is missing?
also, when in Calendar, if I hit the settings button it crashes Calendar.
on Lumia 928 with 10536 and I did a reset after the update.

Norbert van der Aa

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

- First build that connects to my car kit (Bluetooth) and syncs the address book.
- Battery drain, after 14 hours 20% less than previous version.

zdenekvanik

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I don't like it.
The problem with menu seems fixed, application drawer has still insane lags loading icons or even app list.
New issue for me is when I try to pin app, it does nothing but e.g. after locking and unlocking screen it suddenly appears, same with unpin (just disappears and then reappears after unlocking).
Battery life is quite terrible, with the same use every day (phone calls, SMS, email etc.) I am getting half the battery life compared to 10512.

I am patiently waiting for next build, disappointed with this one.

loko ino

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

No ringtones can be downloaded for me either.
I downloaded them on my PC and copied to the ringtone folder and WP10 is not seeing them.
I call this feature broken

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Today I noticed that transitioning from a wifi source to using a cellular connection for bing or apps is very flaky. I've had to restart the phone on several connections so the internet could be accessed. Lumia 930.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

how come? is the win 10 mobile interface that much worse? (i've not used it yet... just researching if i'm going to go win10 when the new phones arrive)

The interface is much better. It's just still buggy. When it's all ready to for release however, it's going to be a huge improvement over 8.1. You'd be crazy not to upgrade to 10 when the new phones arrive.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Running 536 on my Lumia Icon/929. I'm living it over 512 except for one thing:

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

10536 on L1520.3
Seems to have suffered an increase in the loading and resuming bugs. On one occasion I let it go without trying to switch apps with the long press of the back button or hitting the start button and it kept loading...loading...loading for 4 minutes and 23 seconds. Wish they would fix that.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I like that they finally got the build out, and that they are already hinting at another build for next week (10547).

As for 10536.1004,

On my L930

My Groove Music Pass finally works again and I can download music to my devices. Recent updates to Photos, Messaging, and Mail are good.

While there have been a number of welcome fixes, the most critical bugs remain,

"Loading..." and "Resuming..."

Yes, I did a Hard Reset after the final upgrade to 10536.1004, started from clean and manually reinstalled my apps.

It just has issues with the Start screen Pinning tiles to Start is slow and sometimes doesn't work the first time.

After pinning, creating app folders, and personalizing the Start screen, the Loading issues appeared.

Something still not right there and I'm hoping 10547 or later will completely fix it, as this was never an issue for me in WP8.1.

On my L920

Upgrade from 10512 to 10536.1004, no hard reset, just let the upgrade restore everything.

Still working fine, only occasional Resuming.

I only use this phone for podcasts while driving and haven't loaded many apps nor changes to the Start screen past a single page (once the Start screen is larger and requires scrolling is when it seems to have issues).

PaulWegs

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Really not impressed. It seems to be even slower than the previous build on my L930, and has introduced a range of new issues.
Notably, the Start screen tiles can now take up to a minute to fully display their icons (eg: tiles are there in the correct placement, but with no graphics on them). They slowly load one at a time. This never happened in the previous build. Also, when the phones screen is turned on by either a notification (eg: alarm/reminder), or by plugging it in, the time and notifications don't appear, only the background image is there. The phone still unlocks and works ok, but needs to be switched off and back on using the power button to bring the contents of the lock screen back up.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

The interface is much better. It's just still buggy. When it's all ready to for release however, it's going to be a huge improvement over 8.1. You'd be crazy not to upgrade to 10 when the new phones arrive.

Can you justify these statements in some way please?

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I installed the latest build on my 720 directly from 8.1. The phone was terribly slow so i did a hard reset and did a fresh installation without restoring any backups. To my utter disappointment the phone was still slow. The camera was sluggish and it was next to impossible to capture a clear shot. The start screen loaded up slowly and many apps crashed on startup. I have seen many people running this build smoothly on their higher end mobiles. So could it be the reason that my 720 isnt able to cope up? Is it because of the slower processor and 512mb ram that i am getting such issues? I am really having second thoughts on whether i should upgrade to w10m when it is launched as i am afraid that it would be slow and laggy on my phone like these preview builds. Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99