Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

Running 930
Applications take 5 sec to open especially windows central application!
When pressing the back button 2mm of the screen border flickers instantly... very tiring in the eyes...
Rest is okay for a preview build

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Well, boredom got that better of me and I put 536 on my 830 a couple of days back. I was resisting due to comments about this build and my experience with the previous one. Anyway, some quick comments. These are based on going from 8.1 to 10, followed by a hard reset.

I do see some improvements with the included apps and some minor bugs squashed. But, I see almost no improvement in performance. It's still sluggish. The start screen animations (especially from app list-->start) are quite jittery. As is the multi-task view.

The weird thing is the battery. It actually seems to be on par with 8.1 this time around. I do, however, have Cortana and automatic store updates off this time. No idea if that's really the difference. Still need to monitor further. I'll be getting Cortana setup today, probably (I'm outside US). Related...my battery app is saying 4 days on a full charge. I've never seen it say more than 2 on 8.1. Strange.

The store is still absolutely horrible: too many issues to list.

"System" apps that the OS says are incompatible (sms filter, display, etc from Nokia) download, install, and update automatically after hard reset anyway. Not sure if any issues are caused by that.

Live tiles for various apps don't always work well, or at all. Wikipedia from Rudy comes to mind.

Mail, just like PC, has sync issues.

Anyway, there's not much of an improvement over the previous build, in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend as a daily driver. But, I'll be keeping it...and hope that the stability problems that forced me back to 8.1 previously don't creep in again.

Excuse the bad grammar etc. I'm writing this before I get through my first coffee. My brain isn't fully operational yet. ;)

Have to agree with pretty much everything you said, installed on my L830 a week ago and although it is usable I'd have to put it in the "just barely" category, gets very tiresome in a hurry watching "resuming", "loading", apps sluggishness/failing to function properly etc, I'm with you on store being horrible although it does work better than what I experienced in build 10166 but again, just barely.

When people refer to Android as "lagroid", well, my 5+ year old Android phone runs circles around my Lumia and totally shames it, if this was build #1 for W10M I'd agree it is unfair to compare but it is not, at this stage of the game W10M is so far behind and the one doing the laggin'.

Another area that is disconcerting for me is the "end results" after installing W10M, seems same/similar devices end up with varying degrees of success with the outcomes differing widely, noticed a similar trait w/Windows 10 desktop edition which is understandable to a point due to the varying hardware, phones not so much.

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Running 930
Applications take 5 sec to open especially windows central application!
When pressing the back button 2mm of the screen border flickers instantly... very tiring in the eyes...
Rest is okay for a preview build

Same things I'm experiencing on my L830 except for "rest is OK" LOL, WC has been getting progressively worse in my opinion even on 8.1 with the ailments being accentuated 10 fold on W10M.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

On my Lumia 720 still has issues, phone restart and apps does t open after a few hours of use, you need to restar to use them again.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Nokia 520 is still waiting for Microsoft to fix the build so it will install on the phone, there are other
phones with the same problem, a co-worker has a different phone with the same problem. The
problem is purely Software and, error codes have been submitted, yet going on 3 weeks there isn't
a solution. What I read on others who actually was able to hard reset and install the build, it makes
the phone much worse then Windows 7, which I have a Nokia 900 with the software.
Iphone came out with IOS 6, I'm wondering if Microsoft is waiting for IOS 8 to come out on a
Iphone?

bharat gaikwad

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

The build 10536 causing my lumia 1320 heating and restarting issues i don't think so Microsoft really care about insider program becoz still no major gain in OS it's still feel like that we are using alpha version.

daniel cooper2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

How do I like it? Well it made me go out and buy a Samsung galaxy note 5. That's how much I like it. I do hope the best for w10m and you guys sticking around. goodbye for now Windows central.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

After going back to 8.1, I realised I missed some things

-Email doesn't sync well, both outlook and gmail. Keep getting errors even if I'm on 3G network

-Everything looks so big and blocky. Windows Mobile 10 looked so slim and stylish.

-I keep going to action center to enable/disable cellular data but then I remember it's not there for Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan

-Email isn't friendly to use unlike in WM10

-Start screen looks harsh unlike in WM10 where it was soft but crisp and tight

I have noticed one problem with settings and apps backup - when restoring with the backup, the start screen layout never restores nor many settings. Why can't backup remember that I use UK English for everything, that I don't want facebook, weather, travel or other MSN apps? Or that all apps can't run in the background?

Backup needs some serious work

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Can't help thinking that the people complaining about issues with battery and keyboards,etc,simply don't have their phones set up right,or efficiently with too many background apps running.I liked what Gabe Aul said recently when responding to one of his many abusive tweets about the build.He said something like:
please don't assume everyone is having the same experience as you"

I also think people complaining about loading and resuming issues either have too many apps open or they're grossly over exaggerating.

This build is great,working great on my 640,and overall much better experience than 8.1.Dont get me wrong,there is some lag,and occasional crashes,but for a preview it's pretty darn good.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

I also think people complaining about loading and resuming issues either have too many apps open or they're grossly over exaggerating.

Actually, I usually get the Loading/Resuming bug when I first reboot with no apps running or unlock it, with no apps running. I generally lose use of a good chunk of the OS (email and messaging stops working as well as music and video playback) for about an hour or so but I still can open apps using Cortana.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

Actually, I usually get the Loading/Resuming bug when I first reboot with no apps running or unlock it, with no apps running. I generally lose use of a good chunk of the OS (email and messaging stops working as well as music and video playback) for about an hour or so but I still can open apps using Cortana.

This has been my experience with the last 2 builds on Lumia 1520, clean install from 8.1. No backup.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Hello,

After getting the "loading" bug after a couple resets....I decided to roll back to 8.1. Not worth the headache!

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

After getting the "loading" bug after a couple resets....I decided to roll back to 8.1. Not worth the headache!

I did the same today on my L830, was becoming much more than a headache, at least it feels like a brand new phone now w/Win 8.1 on it hehehe... Using my L1020 daily too also made it evident which one was the wiener ;-)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Things I've noticed with these builds and the forums

I started insider program when 10512 had just released and started reading the forums at about the same time.

In 10512 - some people complained a lot on battery draining, apps loading slowly, loading screens, app crashes and a few other issues. A good number said that the previous build was much better (10166) and that they couldn't wait for the next build to come out (10536)

Now we have 10536 - some people are complaining a lot on battery draining, apps loading slowly, loading screens, app crashes and a few other issues. A good number are now saying that the previous build was much better (10512) and that they can't wait for the next build to come out (105xx)

Notice anything about this?

I had a good experience with 10512 and with 10536. Both were exceptional and they are getting better. I followed instructions and recommendations from the forums and things went almost smoothly for me. I'm not on 10536 since my need for Lumia camera on Lumia 1020 outweighed my need to have 10536. Once Lumia camera is back, I'll jump straight back as soon as I find wifi

Have a nice weekend :)

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I had a good experience with 10512 and with 10536. Both were exceptional and they are getting better. I followed instructions and recommendations from the forums and things went almost smoothly for me. I'm not on 10536 since my need for Lumia camera on Lumia 1020 outweighed my need to have 10536. Once Lumia camera is back, I'll jump straight back as soon as I find wifi
I'm quite satisfied latest two builds, use TP on my primary phone (L930 ) since build 10512 without any serious issue, some minor problems here and there, mostly with 3rd party apps and so great battery life, but that's something I can live with... Can't even imagine myself switching back to 8.1 :D

r Lumia camera on Lumia 1020 outweighed my need to have 10536. Once Lumia camera is back, I'll jump straight back as soon as I find wifi
I managed to get Lumia camera on my L930 couple of days ago :)

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

As I expected would happen, I had to roll back to 8.1 this morning on my 830.

The performance is horrible and the stability worse. Ah well.

Decided it's best to wait until the event next week to see what news we get and what happens following the event. Waiting for some hands-on reports for the new hardware too. As it stands now, Windows 10 Mobile worries me.

So, we're in a holding pattern with limited fuel. ;)

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm fairly new to the Windows Phone experience, had my Lumia 635 for 3 or 4 months now, having previously been an Android (2011 to 2013) and iPhone (2013 to 2015) owner.

I've been using the TPs on my daily driver since build 10166. I didn't really encounter very much in the way of "Loading..." issues (Start screen or apps) that seem to have plagued so many people on builds 10512 or 10166. However, in recent days on build 10536 I am noticing that apps are taking much longer to open - for example, the Dialler and People apps are taking a good 8 seconds to open, whereas they used to be open within just a couple of seconds.

Other than that issue and a couple of minor bugs I've come across (and reported!), for what I use the phone for I'm absolutely loving WM10. The apps I need are available and, although maybe not as full featured as their iOS/Android counterparts, are perfectly adequate for my personal usage requirements.

I just love the Start screen, live tiles and customisation. Copying/transferring files from the phone to my laptop (and vice versa) is also just so simple; it was so laborious with iPhone and iTunes.

My current plans are to get the Lumia 950 at some point in the future :excited:.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I ran 10536 since it went to fast ring. I just rolled back to 8.1 this morning. I was expecting builds to be a bit quicker like they did for PC right before launch... but the slugishness finally got to me. LOADING... RESUMING... got to be much. 10-20 second wait on app launches... Its just not there yet for me. SO going to wait for full release now.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

^ SHould add that I might just go back on insider build when it gets to the final build... causing knowing verizon I'll be lucky to see it in 6 months or even at all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djysrv