Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
NEW BUILD (14-10-2015)

Hello,

This thread is for people to tell wich phones they are running the build on and how they like it

Tell us! :wink:

Last edited:

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Lumia 720, I like the new start screen, but I miss the UI of WP8.1
:(

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

This thread is for people to tell wich phones they are running the build on and how they like it

720.. Lockscreen is performing very bad.. Info takes time to load.. Overall performance is ok.. Expecting UI changes for action centre(aero glass like w10 for pc) and new lock screen

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Hello,

Installed on my 720. Unlike the majority of people, i am not liking this build. 166 was better for me. It was more stable and smooth except for the camera and the apps on sd card issue. The 512 build has solved them both but it seems slower on my phone including the start screen delay issue. Edge also crashes once in a while. All these are tempting me to roll back to wp8.1.

Pradeep Kalburgi

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

I have 920 and was having build 10166 running on it. But lot of apps were crashing and wasn't opening. Also Lumia camera was removed. So had to roll back to wp 8.1. M glad I did :)

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

1520... Works great. Apart from lock screen delay, I have had no issues. Very stable and quick.

Timm Zahn

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site

830 (unlocked version). Except for the small annoyances of a preview build, it works good. The performance is on par with 8.1.

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 820.
I updated from 8.1 2 days ago... It's smooth but still had a few issues. So, I decided to do a hard reset for a fresh install.
I have to say, it's a smooth build but I still have some issues:

1- Thumbnails in photo collection do not displa

2- Glance is gone. It was there and working fine after the update, but it was gone after the hard reset

3- Some apps are not available. Again, they were running smoothly after the update, but I'm unable to find after the hard reset.
- TeamViewer (I read a post above about it not being available for windows mobile at the moment)
- TrueCaller

These are important (for me)... other than that, it's running smooth

If anyone has a solution for the above... Please share

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

920. Everything is great except the very unreliable Alarms app and the loss of Lumia Camera

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I've got the preview on an L630 that I bought for $40. I did the update back in March.?.? and almost immediately reverted back to 8.1. This last Tuesday I enrolled back into the program and I'm very happy overall. The OS is much, much more polished than it was the first time.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Ive tried most builds on my 640 and had to revert back due to annoying bugs that made the phone unusable. This latest build is great.very fast.No crashes yet at all.Edge is still annoying on some sites so i use uc browser as backup.The most noticable issue is with the lock screen and photos dont backup to onedrive

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Been using my 2nd backup Icon on 10166 since it came out and now with 10512. 512 is much more stable and a little more responsive/faster. Yea the 3 second wait for info on the lockscreen is an announce for sure. Photo gallery works much better too.

I use the Lumia Camera Beta for the default and I it allows me to select to save as either: 5mp, 16mp, 5 & 16 DNG.

So far I have not gone back to my other Icon with the 8.1 on it. Too many things I like about Win10 mobile, of course there are some other things that are trade offs.....mainly the position of the hamburger. I dont like the hamburgers but if they put it down low where i can reach it quick and easy that would be an acceptable use of the burger whopper button.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

No. When pressing power, there is a delay before the clock etc is shown. Background is shown first, then the delay. Not a problem for me... Very minor IMO

The other thing I see with the lockscreen is that when your screen is off and you hit the power button......a split second before the lockscreen comes on it shows the start screen.

On the 166 build....I had my theme to be dark and when you did this....same thing would happen but the theme showed white during this glitch.

Hope they get a fix for this glitch and maybe prior to next build?

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Running latest 10512 build on my main Lumia 1320. So far it's been 70% good as a daily driver. Since updating I've had two lock ups, 1 app that crashes instantly and the occasional 10 seconds start screen loading message. Lol.

Chung Wei Leong

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Running latest 10512 build on my main Lumia 1320. So far it's been 70% good as a daily driver. Since updating I've had two lock ups, 1 app that crashes instantly and the occasional 10 seconds start screen loading message. Lol.
Dude, try turn off the "show more tiles" option, the loading message might gone and a lot smooth😉

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

On my secondary 1320...which I was using as primary till one day on build 166, the basic phone app started giving me trouble.. Too many freezes after calls.. Now I just use it as wifi only test device.. I don't like WM 10 much and I wish I can go back to WP 8..

jisto1215

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone installed lastest wm10 preview build on any low end device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3