09-12-2015 02:33 AM
51 123
tools
    You know, you COULD give microsoft's replacement a chance before instantly discarding it and complaining that the old apps aren't there.
    As long as M$ maps run offline, i have no issue with not having Here maps. I think Maps app is pretty good. Especially for manually navigating directions (not dummie mode Navigtaion)
    08-17-2015 11:46 AM
    MS map aee Here maps technically
    08-17-2015 12:36 PM
    The augmented reality view is gone. Also, HERE Drive had the My Commute, ability to set route settings (toll, dirt roads, etc.) and had a UI much better suited to using in a car. Nearby was simpler and quicker to use in HERE.

Overall the map UI just feels more thrown together and less optimized for phone and car use. But that argument has been made about WP 10 in general.

But the integration with Cortana data is nice.
    My Commute is in (and integrated with) Cortana. To get to route settings for toll roads etc.) open directions, then options. If by augmented reality view you mean aerial photo ) vs roadmap, click the layers icon.
    08-17-2015 12:53 PM
    My Commute is in (and integrated with) Cortana. To get to route settings for toll roads etc.) open directions, then options. If by augmented reality view you mean aerial photo ) vs roadmap, click the layers icon.
    Augmented reality is where you can use the screen combined with the GPS and compass to view your surroundings superimposed with data. Kind of like a virtual reality compass.
    08-17-2015 01:28 PM
    As long as M$ maps run offline, i have no issue with not having Here maps. I think Maps app is pretty good. Especially for manually navigating directions (not dummie mode Navigtaion)
    Pretty good but not good enough compared to what the other platforms are doing these days. Although it's all subjective. Had they kept the HERE core and integrated it with Cortana the end result would have been better.

But I'm seeing more and more how Win 10 being designed for Continuum, universal app and android apps is making it optimized for neither mode of operation. This doesn't need to be the case. There are plenty of HTML5 frameworks that are highly adaptive to their environments.
    08-17-2015 01:42 PM
    Will I lose the Lumia and Here apps when I hard reset? Yes or no
    I lost it while running WP10 preview. Also hard reset didn't bring them back.
    I downgraded back to 8.1 and there Here drive and maps is still available. Only thing I lost is saving maps to SD. Disappointed again :(
    08-17-2015 03:26 PM
    All of my mail info is in Here so it looks like a revert is needed to 8.1 until either here is available or an export facility is given
    08-17-2015 05:21 PM
    They are trying to make a Map App which can replace both HERE Drive and HERE Maps.
    08-17-2015 06:18 PM
    Sorry I meant map info, favourites etc.. I like the new one but without the data I've acquired I'm a little stuck
    08-18-2015 01:32 AM
    They are trying to make a Map App which can replace both HERE Drive and HERE Maps.
    Hopefully, I never liked two separate apps
    08-18-2015 11:34 AM
    Hopefully, I never liked two separate apps
    Which would be fine if the new version could do what the other two apps did but it doesn't.
    08-18-2015 06:46 PM
    I remember that for some regions the HERE Drive and Maps did not come with the phone in 8.0 and 8.1 also, but there was never a problem to install them.

I have 2 Lumia phones running Preview 10 and both have Here Maps and Drive installed. As I recall the 930 had them by default on hard reset, for the 920 I had to get them in the store or change the phone location temporarily in settings to install them on the phone.

However they both work without issues on phone 10 preview.
    08-18-2015 11:10 PM
    I have 2 Lumia 1520s , RM-937 and RM-938 , both are now on windows 10 build 10512 ,every time I updated so many apps stucked , stuck on loading to Start screen , Here drive and here map gone , I gone back to 8.1 , did the hard reset , re-installed the app then backed up . then updated again ..now both work fine , every apps I installed before work fine . :))
    08-19-2015 11:37 AM
    Which would be fine if the new version could do what the other two apps did but it doesn't.
    Hopefully it's coming :) It's more crucial on phone that windows 10 right now anyways
    08-19-2015 11:59 AM
    I hope so, augmented reality is cool to have but not a deal breaker. Driving mode without an active route should be there. Then there is the whole non optimized UI problem. Luckily there is quite a bit of feedback on the UI issues.
    08-19-2015 12:50 PM
    still here even after hard reset
    08-19-2015 12:53 PM
    You are able to reinstall the Apps from the Store. Not regular, but take a look at your list with all your Apps, you've installed in the Past. There you'll find Here Drive & many others.
    08-19-2015 03:48 PM
    I can't find the Lumia camera app which is way better than Microsoft camera. I have the 1020. It's a shame that Microsoft is trying to get rid of all the Lumia apps that came with my phone. Lumia users need to speak up so we can we have our favorite Lumia apps back.

We need to let Gabe Aul know.
    08-19-2015 07:18 PM
    I am also missing HERE maps and Drive + after a hard reset. I am using a Lumia 920 and all the Nokia/Lumia apps are missing. I can look at My Library in the store and see them but they are in the section of not being able to run on my phone. Xbox One Smartglass was also in that list and, at the same time, in the list of apps I can install on my device. Also I can't download any speech languages and Cortana won't work on British English for some reason.
    08-19-2015 07:50 PM
    I can't find the Lumia camera app which is way better than Microsoft camera. I have the 1020. It's a shame that Microsoft is trying to get rid of all the Lumia apps that came with my phone. Lumia users need to speak up so we can we have our favorite Lumia apps back.

Try out ProShot. It a very popular camera app for WP.

For some reason I still have Nokia Camera but I also thought I read somewhere that Nokia Camera was going to become the default camera app.
    08-19-2015 08:21 PM
    Proshot didn't save pictures to the photo app for me in 10... I've rolled back to 8.1 now as I missed the Lumia Camera on my 1020 and the here maps favourites...
    I know it's beta but I hope they sort it..
    I do like the new maps but I need to know where I'm going! :P
    08-20-2015 09:43 AM
    Works on my 1520. You could contact the dev and see. He is usually quick to fix issues. But that might be an OS problem.
    08-22-2015 07:37 AM

Aside from Lumia camera, most other Lumia apps are still there. I started from 8.1 while making sure all my apps are there, installed. I started upgrading until build 10512. Only Lumia camera disappeared while the other apps remained such as Here maps and Lumia Refocus. So when you upgrade, make sure the Lumia apps were already installed before starting the upgrade process. and don't hard reset. That deletes all the apps and you can't install them after upgrading to WP10.

hope this helps.

As for Lumia camera, the next best alternative is proshot. The two issues I've seen with proshot is that it can't save location history and you can't get RAW images. But I don't use RAW so it's not an issue for me
    Chintan
    08-22-2015 08:04 AM
    Proshot didn't save pictures to the photo app for me in 10... I've rolled back to 8.1 now as I missed the Lumia Camera on my 1020 and the here maps favourites...
    I know it's beta but I hope they sort it..
    I do like the new maps but I need to know where I'm going! :P
    I'm using Proshot on Lumia 1020 with build 10512 and it saves the images to the photo app/gallery. I used it last week on a hike and it took almost 180 images which I am still able to view in the gallery and copy to my laptop.

However there are two issues with proshot, one is it can't save location info and second is you can't launch it with the camera button
    08-22-2015 08:10 AM
    Yesterday I did my first W10 Mobile install on Lumia820. Installed using region US and did also a hard reset.
    Also changed to Netherlands but then also no Here Drive+ and Here Maps available. This are must have apps for me so this is a big disappointment.
    Also from lock-screen to start-screen is very slow. Loading.... messages.
    So I'm going back as quick as I can to WP8.1
    Do you try to download from Store? I think there is still available dude :-)
    08-22-2015 09:59 AM
51 123