Window 10 Mobile 10512 complaints

Vipin Khanna

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
The window 10 mobile new buid 10512 is to buggy & very slow. The apps are continiously crashing & responding very late while opening the app in lumia 625. Because of crashing of the apps the phone needs to restart again & again. It is very irritating , as i have used all the builds provided till now & they are all very slow. If the microsoft needs to create their market in phones they need to solve this problem very soon as they are already far behind their Competitors.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this feedback with us, but it would also be beneficial if the same feedback is delivered through the Feedback mechanism of the Technical Preview Program, so that Microsoft would actually receive and read it, and then potentially do something about it.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I think the current tp builds are not yet hardware optimized because it is still in technical preview. so if you want a daily driver experience, you should consider going back to 8.1

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the current tp builds are not yet hardware optimized because it is still in technical preview. so if you want a daily driver experience, you should consider going back to 8.1
I would agree but its a tough call if you've used Windows 10 for a while. Going back to 8.1 feels like booting up XP.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree I thought they would be further along than this. Very disappointing, but somewhat not unexpected.

So true. Sad enough it is already feature-complete but disappointing there is no real progress to a smooth system. one bug fixed, two others (one new and one old that has previsouly been fixed) show up. One step forward, two steps back. This build is simply rubbish and showing pretty well how far the RTM status is.
It is pretty obvious MS is not giving the mobile devices a priority. The new flagship phones are waiting for the release of Win10 as well. For sure we won't see them before that. BY the time they will be available in stores the hardware specs are just average or mid range im sure.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So true. Sad enough it is already feature-complete but disappointing there is no real progress to a smooth system. one bug fixed, two others (one new and one old that has previsouly been fixed) show up. One step forward, two steps back. This build is simply rubbish and showing pretty well how far the RTM status is.
It is pretty obvious MS is not giving the mobile devices a priority. The new flagship phones are waiting for the release of Win10 as well. For sure we won't see them before that. BY the time they will be available in stores the hardware specs are just average or mid range im sure.

Do you ever feel that at the end of the day, MS will create the phone of all phones based on the testing we did for free and leave the bulk of us Technical Previewers with a hardy handshake and something less than a finished product? I mean this is all about the next generation of WP's after all.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

While there is continued room for improvement, I would strongly disagree with your statement that this build is "rubbish".

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you ever feel that at the end of the day, MS will create the phone of all phones based on the testing we did for free and leave the bulk of us Technical Previewers with a hardy handshake and something less than a finished product? I mean this is all about the next generation of WP's after all.
Certainly true that this is all about the next generation of phones. Since I will be using one of those next generation phones, I am more than happy to contribute. Had to chuckle at the "hearty handshake" image. Reminded me of a time long ago when, as a nerdy high school sophomore, I helped an "in crowd" senior write an article for the school paper and got that disappointing "hearty handshake" when it was well received.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol Rubbish?? What exactly is it that you guys want in w10? What needs to be different? Smooth platform or new options?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol Rubbish?? What exactly is it that you guys want in w10? What needs to be different? Smooth platform or new options?
I can't speak for all but I want the phone to perform the way it does 24/7. Its not doing that even with this build. Its way smoother than previous builds but its still having trouble with basic things like running apps and the using the camera.
Doing either forces my battery to discharge like I'm pouring the last of the coffee from the pot. I mean a fast discharge. Why are we still here?

Maybe the next build will have these things buttoned up but I've had to leave the 1520 in the house because of instability issues in this build. I can't hardly go back to 8.1 so I got the android doing the 1520's job. Its not right.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for all but I want the phone to perform the way it does 24/7. Its not doing that even with this build. Its way smoother than previous builds but its still having trouble with basic things like running apps and the using the camera.
Doing either forces my battery to discharge like I'm pouring the last of the coffee from the pot. I mean a fast discharge. Why are we still here?

Maybe the next build will have these things buttoned up but I've had to leave the 1520 in the house because of instability issues in this build. I can't hardly go back to 8.1 so I got the android doing the 1520's job. Its not right.
I'm feeling your pain. The little things are becoming really annoying. I've gone back to 8.1 but after using WXM, it just doesn't cut it for me. So back to WXM but still annoying as hell. Between a rock and a hard place. Find myself using my Android work phone at home (an older LG G2) more frequently. Please MS, bring it home with a couple of really solid builds in quick succession.
This is starting to wear me out!

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Lumia ICON here...

Battery Life is terrible.
Bluetooth with UCONNECT is wonky...the built in voice to text in UCONNECT seems to duke it out with Cortana and usually wins.

Battery life is so bad that I may go back to 8.1 as much as I don't want to. :(

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Lumia ICON here...

Battery Life is terrible.
Bluetooth with UCONNECT is wonky...the built in voice to text in UCONNECT seems to duke it out with Cortana and usually wins.

Battery life is so bad that I may go back to 8.1 as much as I don't want to. :(

I know what you mean. I don't welcome the idea of stepping back like that but I think I may have to if I'm going to get my daily driver back. I am 3 days with android and its like I'm wearing the same underwear everyday.
It shouldn't be much longer before the phone OS drops so I have to live with 8.1 until that time comes.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I know what you mean. I don't welcome the idea of stepping back like that but I think I may have to if I'm going to get my daily driver back. I am 3 days with android and its like I'm wearing the same underwear everyday.
It shouldn't be much longer before the phone OS drops so I have to live with 8.1 until that time comes.

The battery drain is the only real complaint I have...I can live with the other quirks for sure...just going to be weird to back to XBOX MUSIC app over Groove Music app...I may hold out a week or so if there are rumors about a new build coming. I've tweeted Gabe and Joe about battery life but no response (didn't really expect one.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb