Window 10 Mobile 10512 complaints

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The battery drain is the only real complaint I have...I can live with the other quirks for sure...just going to be weird to back to XBOX MUSIC app over Groove Music app...I may hold out a week or so if there are rumors about a new build coming. I've tweeted Gabe and Joe about battery life but no response (didn't really expect one.)
I am really enjoying Groove on Windows 10. I can't believe just how fantastically crisp and clear the music is playing from it. Far better than XBox music. On the phone, just as wonderful. Mail, People, Calendar all would be stepping back.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I am really enjoying Groove on Windows 10. I can't believe just how fantastically crisp and clear the music is playing from it. Far better than XBox music. On the phone, just as wonderful. Mail, People, Calendar all would be stepping back.

Yeah, for now, I am living with the battery drain and using my portable battery charger when I am out... :)

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Pretty interesting to read through threads like these. Everybody praise how great Win10 mobile is already and the progress it made etc. But at the same time these people state they rolled back to 8.1, replace the phone by another one for productive use, carry powerbank around or even buy a new phone just for the preview. LOL
I wonder if you guys would do and accept all this if it is not about WP but some other "gadget" like your TV, car etc.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Pretty interesting to read through threads like these. Everybody praise how great Win10 mobile is already and the progress it made etc. But at the same time these people state they rolled back to 8.1, replace the phone by another one for productive use, carry powerbank around or even buy a new phone just for the preview. LOL
I wonder if you guys would do and accept all this if it is not about WP but some other "gadget" like your TV, car etc.

You will read the rollback stories because this is only a technical preview of what is to come. Lots of testing, trial and error for Microsoft using a bunch of us willing Guinea pigs for the "greater good." Since MS has blurred the lines between Alpha, Beta and RTM calling this a preview, who knows if or when their will ever be a time when we get to Windows 10 and stay there with the existing handsets.

My personal feeling is Microsoft has no intent on making us whole with Windows X for phones on existing hardware. If anything, we'll get to "good enough" aka Windows Phone IX but to get the full breath and depth, we have to buy new equipment. They did this before when Windows Phone 7 hit end of life. We got some skin on our phones that mimicked version 8 but it was far from version 8.

Celldweller97

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
You will read the rollback stories because this is only a technical preview of what is to come. Lots of testing, trial and error for Microsoft using a bunch of us willing Guinea pigs for the "greater good." Since MS has blurred the lines between Alpha, Beta and RTM calling this a preview, who knows if or when their will ever be a time when we get to Windows 10 and stay there with the existing handsets.

My personal feeling is Microsoft has no intent on making us whole with Windows X for phones on existing hardware. If anything, we'll get to "good enough" aka Windows Phone IX but to get the full breath and depth, we have to buy new equipment. They did this before when Windows Phone 7 hit end of life. We got some skin on our phones that mimicked version 8 but it was far from version 8.
Lets hope not i still remember the backlash they got from wp8 update

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

why do people always bring up this point? you can't compare the situation of WP7-8 to WP8-10. They changed the kernel in W8 so there was no chance that (all) the WP7 phones could get the update. From 8 to 10 there's no kernel change (well, not a "whole new" kernel anyway) so there's no point in leaving WP8 behind.
also: we use W10 already on our W8 phones

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
why do people always bring up this point? you can't compare the situation of WP7-8 to WP8-10. They changed the kernel in W8 so there was no chance that (all) the WP7 phones could get the update. From 8 to 10 there's no kernel change (well, not a "whole new" kernel anyway) so there's no point in leaving WP8 behind.
also: we use W10 already on our W8 phones

I can't speak for others but I'm jaded. Kernel change or no kernel change, no one, especially me ever dreamed WP7 would end. That is to say, it would end because the platform on which it is built had no future. Nor did I think the reason would be the "direction we were headed isn't sustainable." Microsoft "pitchman" Joe Belfiore told us my WP7 would be able to read my boarding pass, look at my current location traffic and such and determine if I will make my flight on time. On that alone I moved my entire family from android to Windows Phone 7. There was this other story about choosing seats in a plane complete with a demo. Yes! I told my family, lets get to WP7. Well, none of that ever materialized. I bought the 1a.m TV advert for the Ginsu knives that cut leather boots and I am now the last Windows Phone hold out in my house. I'm jaded.

So what were we doing the entire time? Beta testing for this current kernel? Again, I'm jaded.

I would say something akin to Windows for phones 10 is running and its more likely than not, this will get completed. But I won't ever trust to that degree again. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I went back to 8.1 and I enjoyed the keyboard :D and the fact that I could download any language I want for it as well :/

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If only the battery didn't drain so fast, I'd be nearly 100% satisfied. It's so weird going from a full day life span, to a few hours.
Firmware is going to be needed fo' sho!

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
If only the battery didn't drain so fast, I'd be nearly 100% satisfied. It's so weird going from a full day life span, to a few hours.
Firmware is going to be needed fo' sho!

Agreed...standby is FAIR but using the phone it is bad...let's say I use my phone at my kids soccer practice for most of the hour...I start at 100%...it could be down to 100% and this is NOT playing games or using media. It is so bad...

I've tolerated it because I like 10...but the battery life and the wonky Bluetooth in my UCOnnect have me on the edge of going back to 8.1...I've just been waiting on the next release...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923