Issues with build no 10152

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded from 10166 to 10152 and since then have been facing the following issues
1. Device is 2 1/2 yr old L920 :eck::eck:
2. Reset the phone after upgrade and reinstalled all the apps
3. Battery drain is the worst on this build. To give you an example - a 45 minute training Program - Runtastic Pro with location On, Mobile Data on, Groove Music the battery goes from 100% to 75% ?? Never had this bad drain even on the 10166 build, Windows 8.1 was much better when it came to this
4. Notifications - Fail all the time, live tiles do not update properly despite being allowed in the background
5. SMS notification tone ??? - where in the lord's name did it disappear.. Maybe I have gone deaf.. but no sound alert on incoming SMS :eck:
6. Lock screen - When the device is woken up the lock screen does not display time immediately takes about 10 seconds to show the time and other notifications and then when I swipe up the lock screen greeted by resuming.... :) Oh what a joy
7. Device heats up while browsing on EDGE/2G .. Do not even ask about 3G
8. All of a sudden live tile for photo's app has stopped working
9. What ever happened to call waiting notification when you are on another call.. notification does not come and just shows up in missed call
10. 17% battery drain during 7 hours of idle time that too with data off .. Don't we all love waking up to a dead phone!!!:crying:
11. Quite Hours keep's blinking.. dunno how to fix it :unhappy:
12. Store - very slow.. where did truecaller disappear
13. Every time I hit the back button always shows about 5 -7 apps which has to be closed every time
14. Native Twitter, Facebook apps work so poorly on Windows ( even 8.1)
15. Outlook -- Pretty moody fella .. Takes a break when it decides to bug me :) .. At times emails do sync perfectly..

Pro's
1. Wifi works perfectly fine
2. Camera loads almost instantly - earlier could count till 10 before the app decided to open up

I know Windows10 is still far off from begin finalized but comeon!! Did I read somewhere that the team squashed about 2000 bugs from the previous builds..

Well I do love the concept of Windows 10 but kink's like these are what making me look at converting from Dad's phone from Windows to Android ( yes ..Android ) he wants basic things like being able to edit emails and forward attachment's, Emails which work better on Blackberry and Android.. Sadly not on his Windows 8.1

Don't consider me as someone who rant's and do not ask me to head back to android. I know what I signed up for when I upgraded to Windows10 .. Just putting down my frustration with the current build. That's it. I do not want to format my phone every time MS announces a new build coz it takes a couple of hour's to format and get it back to the way I like it..

Any help on the above 13 issues that I have with the build ( not tried here driver, maps etc ).. Come on MS give me a good build

keathkeath

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded from 10166 to 10152 and since then have been facing the following issues
1. Device is 2 1/2 yr old L920 :eck::eck:
2. Reset the phone after upgrade and reinstalled all the apps
3. Battery drain is the worst on this build. To give you an example - a 45 minute training Program - Runtastic Pro with location On, Mobile Data on, Groove Music the battery goes from 100% to 75% ?? Never had this bad drain even on the 10166 build, Windows 8.1 was much better when it came to this
4. Notifications - Fail all the time, live tiles do not update properly despite being allowed in the background
5. SMS notification tone ??? - where in the lord's name did it disappear.. Maybe I have gone deaf.. but no sound alert on incoming SMS :eck:
6. Lock screen - When the device is woken up the lock screen does not display time immediately takes about 10 seconds to show the time and other notifications and then when I swipe up the lock screen greeted by resuming.... :) Oh what a joy
7. Device heats up while browsing on EDGE/2G .. Do not even ask about 3G
8. All of a sudden live tile for photo's app has stopped working
9. What ever happened to call waiting notification when you are on another call.. notification does not come and just shows up in missed call
10. 17% battery drain during 7 hours of idle time that too with data off .. Don't we all love waking up to a dead phone!!!:crying:
11. Quite Hours keep's blinking.. dunno how to fix it :unhappy:
12. Store - very slow.. where did truecaller disappear
13. Every time I hit the back button always shows about 5 -7 apps which has to be closed every time
14. Native Twitter, Facebook apps work so poorly on Windows ( even 8.1)
15. Outlook -- Pretty moody fella .. Takes a break when it decides to bug me :) .. At times emails do sync perfectly..

Pro's
1. Wifi works perfectly fine
2. Camera loads almost instantly - earlier could count till 10 before the app decided to open up

I know Windows10 is still far off from begin finalized but comeon!! Did I read somewhere that the team squashed about 2000 bugs from the previous builds..

Well I do love the concept of Windows 10 but kink's like these are what making me look at converting from Dad's phone from Windows to Android ( yes ..Android ) he wants basic things like being able to edit emails and forward attachment's, Emails which work better on Blackberry and Android.. Sadly not on his Windows 8.1

Don't consider me as someone who rant's and do not ask me to head back to android. I know what I signed up for when I upgraded to Windows10 .. Just putting down my frustration with the current build. That's it. I do not want to format my phone every time MS announces a new build coz it takes a couple of hour's to format and get it back to the way I like it..

Any help on the above 13 issues that I have with the build ( not tried here driver, maps etc ).. Come on MS give me a good build

Have you posted these on the feedback app? Please do so. I'll give you upvotes there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb