Album art/artist pictures not showing up on Groove Music

Cheeko Greengo

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
So I updated my L1520 to the latest build of Windows 10 Mobile and decided to do a hard reset to see if there were any significant improvements (there were not) but I kept all the music and photos on my SD card. After I set up my phone I played some music on the Groove Music app but it was just showing the album art and not the artist picture. I figured it would just load it up as I played more music but it didn't. After about a day the album art stopped showing up as well and it's acting as if none of my songs have any album art, anyone had this problem as well?

John Collins8

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Me too, was functioning normally, it was until I take out the SD card and put back that stopped to show the album covers, pictures of the artists do not appear at all, only appeared in a music that I put on OneDrive, does anyone know how to fix this?Taking advantage of this topic of Groove Music, I have a doubt, when the covers of the albums they appeared before removing the SD card and put back they appeared with a poor quality, I always put the covers on a resolution of 1000 x 1000 pixels in my collection on the PC, does anyone know a way to fix this too?

CoJo101

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Groove music is a live tile showing album art and artist info on Windows 10 Mobile! Windows 10 Mobile just keeps getting better and better!!! Using a Lumia 925

unrealreality

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had this same problem on the Lumia 1520. When I first started using Groove, it read all my music from the SD card. Never showed artist art, but the album art did work. When I went to add more music, I took out the SD, loaded music, and inserted it back in. Usually I have to reset to get it to recognize. Thing is, Groove will refresh and not see the SD, and it'll take everything out of the library ("There is nothing here.."). then when it rescans the library, all album art is missing EXCEPT the new albums that I added. Those get art. Now if I repeat the process a third time, the albums that had art, now lost their art, and any new albums I've added show up.

It seems Groove has a database issue of sorts where it sees the same file there, and doesn't bother to retrieve the art from the file again, BUT it isn't smart enough to use the existing art it already had. Usually you could fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the app fresh, but of course you can't do that with Groove.

Hope it gets fixed as I moved on to VLC to play music for now. Other than this, groove is pretty fast loading and sweet. A far cry from the horrible XBox Music app.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, my groove seems to be working TOO MUCH well, cause in my "songs" now it even detects the songs of the games I download... So I have about 200+ sounds in which I have less than 20musics, kinda hard to use the app at the moment.

GCPDetective

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Me too, was functioning normally, it was until I take out the SD card and put back that stopped to show the album covers, pictures of the artists do not appear at all, only appeared in a music that I put on OneDrive, does anyone know how to fix this?Taking advantage of this topic of Groove Music, I have a doubt, when the covers of the albums they appeared before removing the SD card and put back they appeared with a poor quality, I always put the covers on a resolution of 1000 x 1000 pixels in my collection on the PC, does anyone know a way to fix this too?

I had the same problem with the low quality album art. After spending a few hours trying to figure out the issue (tried clearing the grove music app cache manually, re-tagging my music with the higher resolution album art, re-uploading my music back onto my OneDrive music locker...) I pretty much gave up. Decided to just put my music back onto my SD card (and organizing it again in the process) when I happened to create a new folder for a set of music files and dropped it in. To my surprise the Album art showed up correctly for that one album.... then it dawn upon me that I completely forgot about those pesky little "folder.jpg" files smh.

So pretty much replacing the "folder.jpg" album art image (located in every music album folder, although hidden) with a higher resolution one fixed my low quality album art problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo