Insider Preview 10.0.10512 breaks Cortana because it can't download speech languages

vRITHNER

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
After a clean installation of Insider Preview 10.0.10512, Cortana is not working because it can't download speech languages
every time I press the button Retry, it start downloading and stop after ~10 seconds.
Any body can help me solve this problem ?

ps. something is not right in the default language installed for Cortana. During install, I choosed Switzerland as the Region and English (United State) and Keyboard language. When setup is finished, German was installed by default. This is wrong because first in Switzerland, we are speaking 4 languages, and when I choose English, it should not install German.

wp_ss_20150819_0001.jpg

Thanks
-Vince

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
After a clean installation of Insider Preview 10.0.10512, Cortana is not working because it can't download speech languages
every time I press the button Retry, it start downloading and stop after ~10 seconds.
Any body can help me solve this problem ?

ps. something is not right in the default language installed for Cortana. During install, I choosed Switzerland as the Region and English (United State) and Keyboard language. When setup is finished, German was installed by default. This is wrong because first in Switzerland, we are speaking 4 languages, and when I choose English, it should not install German.

View attachment 110681

Thanks
-Vince

I have a fix for you...make sure the windows insider app came back on your phone and you are signed in and make sure to download via WiFi 📶

vRITHNER

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for the tips. It worked like a charm. :eek:rly: I totally forget to re-install Windows Insider app after complete reset of my device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos