A Way to Get Glance Screen on Windows 10 Mobile

BlackD0127

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I saw people posting about glance screen, that the menu point is gone in the extras. I have the same problem since 10166.
I don't garantee that it'll work!
Here's what I did to get my glance screen back:
-I searched here at Windows Central for a post about Glance screen (because of the QR code):
Glance Screen update lets you set your lockscreen photo as background | Windows Central (it should not bother you that the link is half a year old)
-Then I diwnloaded for my phone a QR scanner (I used QR Code Reader from ShopSavvy Inc.)
-Scanned the code and opened it in Edge on the phone,
-Edge detected that my phone is a Windows Mobile, it opens the app in the store.
-Now you wait for the store to search for the app and then to search through your phone for the app.
-If the button "open" shows up, you made everything right, open the app and you can set it for yourself!

I hope this helps some people!

If it doesn't work:
Store doesn't open when Edge opens:
-Set your Edge to Mobile version. (Settings - Website preference)
In the Store it doesn't show the "open" button:
-Try again with opening the scanned url, maybe it helps
-you don't have the Glance Screen installed (dunno how this happens, maybe it got deleted somehow)

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I was just going to make a thread before I saw this one. The issue seems to be that the setting is there but hidden from the settings menu. Opening it from the store is the solution, but an easier way than hunting down a QR code is to use SysApp Pusher.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Tried the SysApp trick, and it worked to get Glance installed and to get to its settings page. However, Glance still doesn't work, even after reboot. Lumia 830 on W10 build 10512, phone had to be reset at some point to be usable with W10.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I did. In SysApp Pusher, long tap glance, tap share and send link to onenote or messaging etc. then copy the link.
Install Tile Builder, create Icon Tile, Action "Open web page", paste link into url, pick your favorite icon, create/pin the tile (don't waste your time with applying your own picture to an icon as that fails on W10M with Tile Builder - doesn't recognize the path to the pictures I think).
Of course you could just open OneNote and tap the link again. But that is a few more taps ;)

Now I have a tile on my start page that goes straight to glance screen in the store, which I simply tap to open. No more "hunting down".

voila
:cool:

Last edited:

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
True! It works on mine now too! Guess it needed to reboot a few times to properly realize that Glance was on...

Update: Doesn't really work - I set Glance to alway on, and it's not. At some point it seems Glance just quits, and I'm not going to reboot my phone twice a day just to please Glance. Hope Microsoft fixes this soon.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss