Help! I tried to update my Lumia 820 from 8.1 to 10 and I got this :-( sad face after the cogwheels

JC Mendiola

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what happened here?
I just wanted to update my phone to Windows Mobile 10 and right after the Cogwheels of Death, I get this :-( sad face...

And I kept my phone plugged in all throughout the update and the Cogwheels of Death come up again, but after a while the phone shuts itself again and turns on again due to the fact that my phone's plugged in the charger...

What am I to do? :(

Should I use the recovery tools to return back to WP 8.1 or is there no hope for me to get WM10?

I hope someone replies :\

Thaaanks!

JC Mendiola

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
There's a hope always, roll back to 8.1, don't restore your backup, install insider app, and give it another shot!

Hi! Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I currently installed the Windows Phone Recovery Tool... but it can't seem to recognize my phone... even though I'm pressing the POWER BUTTON and DOWN VOLUME at the same time.... :(

RAMacLennan

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I have this too, brand new Lumia 435, reset with Recovery Tool, same result, tried setting my location to UK and US, set to Fast and Slow lanes, did factory reset before and after installing Insider app....same result.

Any suggestions?

Andrew MacLennan

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If you get the sad face, it indicates there was a critical error during the installation. Not a big problem though, just connect your phone to the PC, download Windows Phone Recovery Tool, click the 'My device isn't recognized' and follow the on-screen instructions. You'll be on 8.1 in no time. And then you can chose to try with Win10 again, or just stay on 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs