Any news about new build release for us insiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It does not that mean when they only release builds monthly that it's the only one they have made, they produce 2 to 3 builds before they decide the next one to be released to public, that's why it takes a month for us to get a new build.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It does not that mean when they only release builds monthly that it's the only one they have made, they produce 2 to 3 builds before they decide the next one to be released to public, that's why it takes a month for us to get a new build.

Then why even have a Fast Ring. Because one build a month "ain't cutting it."

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Let's face it, the first build was when? January? Now we are in September and the OS still feels like alpha ware. The w10m team is just bad. Probably MS is moving all bad program manager and developer to that team.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There probably isn't a good reason as to the lack of builds and communication. All I know is if they're trying that many builds, why aren't we getting more? I know they fixed a lot of issues, but to bring one back as in the blinking Quiet Hours notification is beyond belief. Obviously no QA whatsoever.

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
If this fast right what might be happening with those in slow ring. Tired of loading start screen. Microsoft should change from legacy software development process to agile methodology. This slow pace will take them nowhere.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
O the good ole days.. Memphis beta. One interm build a week on cd and the "stable" monthly build on cd. Those were all burned media and shipped FedEx mind you lol... Fast ring huh? Hehe

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. Been doing this since Windows 3.1.

Wow! There wasn't even 56k modems back then (I think, getting old lol).. Every one was still connecting to bulletin boards hehe... Didn't know Ms ran a beta on 3.1 or 95. First heard of the program bout 2 months Into the 98 beta.. Real good program back then...

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm running the latest version on my 640. No problems really except that annoying flashing quiet hours. I've tried everything except a full hard rest. Anyone else have some tips..

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm running the latest version on my 640. No problems really except that annoying flashing quiet hours. I've tried everything except a full hard rest. Anyone else have some tips..

It's a known issue, hopefully fixed next build.. I've already tried a hard reset on my Icon.. That did not fix it on my end.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There probably isn't a good reason as to the lack of builds and communication. All I know is if they're trying that many builds, why aren't we getting more? I know they fixed a lot of issues, but to bring one back as in the blinking Quiet Hours notification is beyond belief. Obviously no QA whatsoever.
QA doesn't factor into beta testing. In all likelihood the QA team wouldn't factor in until they have a Release Candidate in their hands. Why would a QA team be given an unfinished application?

You're talking about regression testing, which again wouldn't come into play until they have a release candidate. New things are going to break old things at this stage that's the nature of the beast.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow! There wasn't even 56k modems back then (I think, getting old lol).. Every one was still connecting to bulletin boards hehe... Didn't know Ms ran a beta on 3.1 or 95. First heard of the program bout 2 months Into the 98 beta.. Real good program back then...
300 baud. Then maybe 9600. (Anyone remember USR.) 95 beta was a train wreck. Starting from scratch from 3.11. Talk about unstable. Good ol' Chicago.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Let's face it, the first build was when? January? Now we are in September and the OS still feels like alpha ware. The w10m team is just bad. Probably MS is moving all bad program manager and developer to that team.

I'd say not enough resources, everybody is working on the big Windows where the real money is.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, but it's stupid in the long term. More and more the big money is done with mobile device. The idea to bring Microsoft services to other platforms is smart, for now. But the others don't sleep, they will develop their own solutions. And what would you use? An app from a company that integrates well with the OS from the same company or an app from a company that was big in the past and owns nothing more than some "cloud first" solutions?

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I really hope there will be a new build this week. My L1520 went from bad to worse, the keyword being 'random'. Start screen acting up, apps not reacting, screen turning off only on timeout, not with the button, etc.. And above all it started randomly overheat. So I am walking around with a big hot thing in my pocket, but it's just a phone :D I do not want to reset again lest I lose my saves for Candy Crush Saga :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb