Any news about new build release for us insiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with outlook calendars live tile after installing 10536? Just shows me the icon no info at all :(

Yeah my calendar app was not showing anything other then Outlook Calendar , I'm not saying this is a fix but it worked to me, I went into outlook calender and scheduled a few events and then unpinned and repined calender and then all the sudden it's working now.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I am done with MS/Outlook Calendar app. I have a Simple Calendar installed. It shows multiple appointments on a tile and also I have it configured on a lock screen to show next 5 appointments. Looks "old fashioned", but one can use the Outlook Calendar to edit the appointments and Simple Calendar to display them.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
With the configuration update thought maybe a new release since 10536.1004, but no news recently, I did read at least two more builds before final Rtm,any body have any more recent updates?

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Even if....be businesslike; after the quality and timeframe of the last few builds - do you expect miracles to happen?
Don't get me wrong, I would like to see W10M running flawless on my 1520 asap as well!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the build we are waiting for the last one before final release?

In my opinion, the final release will be almost perfect, considering we get 2 more huge bug and performance fixes before that. So don't worry, even if there will still be some bugs here and there, we will probably get a fix soon after.

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Guys correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the build we are waiting for the last one before final release?
What makes you think so? Latest build is far from RTM status, very far.

In my opinion, the final release will be almost perfect, considering we get 2 more huge bug and performance fixes before that.
If you compare it to Windows 10 Desktop then you are likely wrong. The desktop version was never "that" bug-ridden and had new builds coming to PC's far more frequent than they do with the mobie version.

So don't worry, even if there will still be some bugs here and there, we will probably get a fix soon after.
That will be an infinite loop.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Looks pretty good to me, in all seriousness. If I remember correctly, on the desktop side there were a bunch of builds almost on a daily basis that last couple of weeks. Hopefully we get something newer and better soon.

Windows 10 is never a finished product anymore. We've got what, about a month or two to go before we see a public release version? Many bugs can be squished, and much interface can be polished, in that amount of time. Without carriers in the way for future OS updates, and with the default being "automatically download and install updates in the middle of the night," what's not ready at release time can be fixed later without a lot of hassle.

There are only three items still to be fixed before I will use Windows 10 on my primary phone. The Big One is Office apps being able to access my SharePoint server. The other two are minor in comparison: various apps [ex: MyAT&T] that are broken because they depend on a nonexistent IE; and apps getting stuck in the Store. Once these items are fixed, it's ready as far as I'm concerned. Anything else is gravy.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
What makes you think so? Latest build is far from RTM status, very far.

What i meant wasn't the OS preparation for release, just that we are getting close to the official launch date of W10 Mobile, so there won't be much time to release more builds.

If you compare it to Windows 10 Desktop then you are likely wrong. The desktop version was never "that" bug-ridden and had new builds coming to PC's far more frequent than they do with the mobie version.

Desktop version probably had a 1000 times more developers and programmers working on it, since it is covering a bilion times more users than windows mobile :) Thus the more frequent build release and less bugs.

That will be an infinite loop.

Well lets just hope not :D

Take care

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks pretty good to me, in all seriousness. If I remember correctly, on the desktop side there were a bunch of builds almost on a daily basis that last couple of weeks. Hopefully we get something newer and better soon.

Windows 10 is never a finished product anymore. We've got what, about a month or two to go before we see a public release version? Many bugs can be squished, and much interface can be polished, in that amount of time. Without carriers in the way for future OS updates, and with the default being "automatically download and install updates in the middle of the night," what's not ready at release time can be fixed later without a lot of hassle.

There are only three items still to be fixed before I will use Windows 10 on my primary phone. The Big One is Office apps being able to access my SharePoint server. The other two are minor in comparison: various apps [ex: MyAT&T] that are broken because they depend on a nonexistent IE; and apps getting stuck in the Store. Once these items are fixed, it's ready as far as I'm concerned. Anything else is gravy.

Do you not have this laggy/draggy hamburger animation in many system apps? For me on tapping hamburger in News, Weather, Store, *insert system apps here* - I get a border of box slide in first, then colours are filled and then menu appears. This is on 4G Lumia 930 - so I know for sure, it isn't an issue with loading time due to processor or data.

superzxx

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,
I already leave insider program. it tells i'm not participating any more, but i still get update 8.10.15116.125. Is it official update or leftover from insider program ?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you not have this laggy/draggy hamburger animation in many system apps? For me on tapping hamburger in News, Weather, Store, *insert system apps here* - I get a border of box slide in first, then colours are filled and then menu appears. This is on 4G Lumia 930 - so I know for sure, it isn't an issue with loading time due to processor or data.
Sure, but that falls under the category of interface polish. I'm sure that will be fixed.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The last build is doing worse day by day.
Wish microsoft will offer a new build soon...

I'm seeing the same thing. When I first installed this build, it was running much better than the previous build, over time, my Lumia 830 has returned to having start screen loading issues, very slow to open apps, frequent app crashes. Rebooting does not clear the issues either.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing. When I first installed this build, it was running much better than the previous build, over time, my Lumia 830 has returned to having start screen loading issues, very slow to open apps, frequent app crashes. Rebooting does not clear the issues either.

The last two builds (they only 2 I've spent any amount of time with) have been like this with my 830. Long(ish) term stability has been a major issue as of late. Hopefully they sort it out soon.

But, looks like we'll be waiting at least another week...Probably more. I wouldn't be surprised if they're concentrating on getting it stable on the new hardware and not worrying much about the older. At least for now...

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
But, looks like we'll be waiting at least another week...Probably more. I wouldn't be surprised if they're concentrating on getting it stable on the new hardware and not worrying much about the older. At least for now...
I wouldn't be surprised if that will happen in 2016.

joshua hildebrandt1

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Well this sucks...i have a 8 gig memory card installed but when I take a insider install it tells me I'm out of memory...This is after doing a freh reset with EVERYTHING deleted...i am on a lumia 640.... I hope they give the option to install on a SD card, because then I can just grab a 16 gig

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Well now we know when it starts rolling out in December. Next question I no new builds till after October 6 announcement well todays the 7th and it's been threee weeks since a new build , I'm guessing another week or so abd hopefully we will see a new build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss