Here maps Windows 10 Mobile problems, can I get some help?

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Here maps Windows 10 Mobile problems

Is anyone having any problems with Here Maps and Here drive on Windows Mobile 10. I'm using a 1520 on update 10512 and when I open any of the map applications the phone finds my position but doesn't track it. For example if I try and navigate in Here Drive, it sets up the route but then nothing after that.

Nikolai Kuzbanovsky

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Here maps Windows 10 Mobile problems

"The OS is in beta"
how about the "Maps" app, does this have the same problem? There is a button on the little bar top left with the circular gps sign. if you press this does it center the screen to your location? Or it centers and then if you move it doesn't track you?

Alvin Tan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Lumia 1520 as well, ever since I updated to Windows 10 Mobile, and this is has been happening for all the Insider previews including the current one. This seems to affect all maps and navigation apps and tools.

Essentially, when you open any map or GPS app, you get the current location, but after that when you move, it does not track you. The next location update can come a few minutes later. This makes any form of directions or navigation practically useless. Compass is working fine for me. I've also use some tools to show the GPS location, and clearly it shows the initial location, but after that the coordinates do not change as you move. This makes apps like speedometers also useless, registering 0 km/h speed.

I have tried soft reset (many times) and hard reset (once), and nothing seems to work. Any ideas or help?

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Cheers I thought it was my phones GPS. Here drive works fine on my work Lumia 735 so it must be a bug with the 1520. Great, I'll wait until the 15th Sept when they do the next update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs